Phuket restaurateur strikes back at Patong mayor's family

webfact

"You want to crap on my yard, then I'm gonna crap on yours!"

More a case of, "If I'm going to lose my business, I'm taking yours down with me."

Unfortunately, it appears their anger is aimed at the current Mayor, and not the ex-Mayor, who was in power when these businesses were "allowed" to start.

Keesin was in power for so long, and pillaged Patong, and had a major influence on the downturn of the western tourist market for the tourism industry on Phuket.

He is the one who should be held to account for his corruption.

Correct, he and his son were running Patong into the ground for so long that when I saw the headline, I thought for sure this was about the "contract" and Pian Keesin. Doesn't Pian's Pisona group also have a dodgy hotel encroaching on the beach there?

Ahhh, yes, the Pisona Group.

I think "Pisona" is short for "PIS-ON-Anyone." smile.png

I heard they are on the sh!t list big time....

They will never clean up the islands because these places are part of an ancient feudal system. Landowners/mafia type families are far more influential than the authorities, and have many allies within the authorities. The large majority of people would be scared to make a stand against such people, as one can be sure to end up face down in the dirt somewhere.

And now the dog fighting has started - where is my popcorn.

Sorry to disappoint all of you kee scadenfreudees here on TV (which make up the overwhelming majority), but there will be no 'dog fighting'. Merely compromise. As is the Thai way. Some of you ...

Sorry to disappoint all of you kee scadenfreudees here on TV (which make up the overwhelming majority), but there will be no 'dog fighting'. Merely compromise. As is the Thai way. Some of you ...

As is the Thai way ??

Did you miss the reason as to why the Army are now in control ???

Oh yeah I forgot it was a compromise. NOT

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Perhaps an alternative would be to refer to it as a "legal dispute". No dogs involved in this. Only people.

Careful with the popcorn. It may get stuck in your canines. ;)

Baan Laimai, oh dear.

I stayed there many and long times in 2006/2007. Knew all the staff. Was even invited to theit staff party as the only farang.

Most staff members quit in the meantime, but I still have one friend there and he told me many times over the phone the (staff) turn over is huge. A housekeeper stays for one week only.

I would be sorry for the fews friends I still have there if the place has to close.

Just loving it. The games have begun and there will be more mud slinging than you can imagine.

I look forward to it all. Bring it all into compliance I say. Those who approved illegal permits should

be brought to account. clap2.gif