Hot Phuket ice party chilled by arrival of police

webfact

Hot Phuket ice party chilled by arrival of police
Eakkapop Thongtub

1404991872_1-org.jpg
The noisy party goes very quiet as police search the place.

PHUKET: -- Five bartenders – two men and three women – who were having a happy party in their house on Ratchapathanusorn Rd, Patong, were distinctly less happy when police arrived, summoned by complaints about the noise, and arrested the lot of them.

Panya “Kaew” Anantapom, 33, from Karasin, admitted that he had contributed half a gramme of crystal methamphetamine (ya ice) to the party to make things a bit more fun.

The others, too, brought their own stashes of ice: Kwang “Keh” Pakamin, 24, from Nakhon Ratchassima had 0.3g, Na’apon “Peun” Dawondam, 23, from Bueng Kan, had a gramme, Chalada “Tan” Sukontha, 35, from Pathum Thani had half a gramme, and Chutima “Pu” Srinoran, 34, had 0.3g.

They were all charged with illegal possession of a Category One narcotic.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/hot-phuket-ice-party-chilled-by-arrival-of-police-47301.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-11

police arrived, summoned by complaints about the noise

Am I reading this right? This is unheard of...(pun alert)!

Who is this powerful complainer, maybe a 'man in black', or a 'mastermind', or a 'unnamed high placed source'?

Who can shed light on this mystery?

Agreed, if a mere mortal complains about noise here, they usually laugh and turn the volume up.

• Like 1

It might seem relatively " small news " - but these parties need to be curtailed. If they keep themselves to themselves - then I am ok with that, but the reality is very different and it significantly impacts the neighbors quality of life. Imagine booming music playing for over 2 x days ( day and night ), non-stop and drug fueled idiots screaming and shouting all day and night with the worst behavior of any louts I've have seen - and I have seen a lot ! This is not 'Thai bashing' - but I find that their behavior and respect for other people and their property is quite disgraceful

police arrived, summoned by complaints about the noise

Am I reading this right? This is unheard of...(pun alert)!

Who is this powerful complainer, maybe a 'man in black', or a 'mastermind', or a 'unnamed high placed source'?

Who can shed light on this mystery?

I'd like to know also.

In November 2013, I called the Pattaya police to report an all-night party in a bar on Soi 15, which escalated into a street brawl, knife fight and shots fired.

Two cops on scooters showed up well after the dust had settled and all participants had fled the scene. Perhaps I should have just reported loud music/party.

P.S. The bar was finally shut down and it successor bar ran afoul of fhe law because of excessive noise after hours. The pre-coup authorities moved slowly, but did act finally.

The real tragedy here is that virtually EVERYBODY at the party was "carrying" !!

What has this country come to when a party is not complete without embibing in one of the most dangerous drugs on the planet?

And basically poor, working, Thai folks are ALL doing this shit? And with kids in attendance?

It would appear that Thai society, in general has really hit the skids.

If these kinds of drugs are this popular and easy to get, the General REALLY has his work cut out for him!

Unbelievable...

dingy apartment room and a few kids is kilometers away from the topic title.

Too bad for the kids they pissed off a neighbor, but they shouldn't have that ice crap anyway......

Kids? They were mid-20's and mid-30's (and possibly in the presence of a child by the looks of the kid sitting against the dresser).

They were adults doing crystal meth and showing complete disregard for their neighbors.

Don't tell me a grumpy old man would be OK with this kind of neighbor.

Edited by ClutchClark