Am I being cheap?

benj005

3500B for gas to Korat???

Get a bus.

I can get from Khon Kaen to Bkk in my car for 900 Baht.

Any woman that says, "up to you" more than one a year is a money-grabbing ex pro. - dump her before she dumps you.

Does she have a job?

She had to pay her friend to take us. He also slept the night at her mom's house. I thought 3,500 baht was too much as well.

Are you sure the friend is not her husband ?

Not that I an being cynical.

That would be my thoughts to

• Like 2

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naive young man I would say. another Thai girl who is going to use a farang for her needs and her familys'. Get out before you are bled dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Somebody should alert Jingthing, he needs to know he has competition.

OP: Do you have a frequent baht bus users card?

cheesy.gif

You beat me to it. There could be baht bus wars over thisrolleyes.gif

OP, contact JT on how to claim your baht bus frequent rider card - it comes with all sorts of benefits, including a free TGAU

• Like 1

I think the OP is to be dumped very soon.......................coffee1.gif

I can imagine his GF has a very small face! I can just imagine what the poor girl endures for a weekend night out on the town, searching through rubbish bins behind Lotus looking for expired merchandise thats been thrown away merely because the expiry date has passed, hanging out tea bags to dry (so they can be used a second time), shaking a cup on the overhead walking bridge. etc etc.

No, OP, your not tight, afterall, really tight people wouldnt pay for electricity or internet connection, yet alone pay the TVF membership fees.

• Like 2

Hmm, the OP is trying to teach his girlfriend of three weeks, financial responsibility and budgeting, some of us having been trying to teach our wives such things for fifteen years or more and still we're not there yet!

The other striking point about what was written is the OP's complete lack of understanding of Thai culture, you're going to her mums house for the first time, sure you need to buy her a gift.

The part about the car and driver for 3.5k, silly girlfriend for doing that but doubtless she wanted to show an association to farang wealth, the issue there is 90% about "face", the 10% is likely that she wanted you to have a relaxed trip in comfort.

Good luck, you've got a way to go yet,

Its not my first time at her mom's house. In the past I have gotten her a small gift. I had been in America for the past 7 months and my girl said I should have gotten her mom something American. I didn't and she was mad at me. I told her that I will pick something out for our next trip. I plan to remedy the situation.

I'm very big on financial responsibility. I've seen too many people who have spent their way to poverty. I don't want to be in the same boat as they are in.

• Like 2

OP, as you are so tight, are you ever able to take a leak?

yeah he should give her double what ever she asks for,no triple.

I think he should be buying her a house and a car.

Naive young man I would say. another Thai girl who is going to use a farang for her needs and her familys'. Get out before you are bled dry.

And the basis of your professional in depth assessment of this Thai girls character is what?

• Like 1

Dont expect her to change anytime soon.Thai women think you are made of money,

I guess. I've read a few horror stories on how farang(s) have been duped out of their money by their Thai girlfriend.

I know it's not good to think like this.

Yes cheap, no offense...horror stories over few bahts..horror cow...

And the basis of your professional in depth assessment of this Thai girls character is what?

He's making a generalized statement. Still, we read on the web about how farang are being deceived out of their money by these beautiful Thai women.

Maybe most are bar girls?

I think he came here on holiday once

I think he came here on holiday once

Indeed, it was a weekend in CM as I recall!

Hmm, the OP is trying to teach his girlfriend of three weeks, financial responsibility and budgeting, some of us having been trying to teach our wives such things for fifteen years or more and still we're not there yet!

The other striking point about what was written is the OP's complete lack of understanding of Thai culture, you're going to her mums house for the first time, sure you need to buy her a gift.

The part about the car and driver for 3.5k, silly girlfriend for doing that but doubtless she wanted to show an association to farang wealth, the issue there is 90% about "face", the 10% is likely that she wanted you to have a relaxed trip in comfort.

Good luck, you've got a way to go yet,

Its not my first time at her mom's house. In the past I have gotten her a small gift. I had been in America for the past 7 months and my girl said I should have gotten her mom something American. I didn't and she was mad at me. I told her that I will pick something out for our next trip. I plan to remedy the situation.

I'm very big on financial responsibility. I've seen too many people who have spent their way to poverty. I don't want to be in the same boat as they are in.

You call it financial responsibility..the thai called it...kee nook...kee neow.....w00t.gif

GGuys like the OP make people like me look like high rollers.

OP, have you ever bent over and picked up a 25 satang coin?

• Like 1