Am I being cheap?

benj005

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the OP is trying to teach his girlfriend of three weeks, financial responsibility and budgeting, some of us having been trying to teach our wives such things for fifteen years or more and still we're not there yet!

The other striking point about what was written is the OP's complete lack of understanding of Thai culture, you're going to her mums house for the first time, sure you need to buy her a gift.

The part about the car and driver for 3.5k, silly girlfriend for doing that but doubtless she wanted to show an association to farang wealth, the issue there is 90% about "face", the 10% is likely that she wanted you to have a relaxed trip in comfort.

Good luck, you've got a way to go yet,

Its not my first time at her mom's house. In the past I have gotten her a small gift. I had been in America for the past 7 months and my girl said I should have gotten her mom something American. I didn't and she was mad at me. I told her that I will pick something out for our next trip. I plan to remedy the situation.

I'm very big on financial responsibility. I've seen too many people who have spent their way to poverty. I don't want to be in the same boat as they are in.

You call it financial responsibility..the thai called it...kee nook...kee neow.....w00t.gif
GGuys like the OP make people like me look like high rollers.

OP, have you ever bent over and picked up a 25 satang coin?

Its not like I go looking for dinner in the local trash bin.

In USA we have a TV show called cheapskates. Those people on that show make me look like a high roller. :)

Oooo, nasty, bad man ND, very bad!

What's that bounder ND done now?

"coon" Tony! I mean, really.

possibly predict text

i am typing on the phone, however, my fingers were typing and my brain was just thinking about cheese.......and thats what came out.. honestly !

im a coon cheese lover.

• Like 1

Cheap.. why.. I mean I let my wife pay her share too. I don't understand guys paying it all for their wives g/f.

Then again I would not go for a woman / girl without her own income and independence. I would feel I would be buying the girl by paying it all for her.

Then again I am of a different generation of most of the guys here, guys like my dad would consider it normal as they were the breadwinner and the wife the cleaner.

So kinda depends on the kind of girl. I would not mind paying for an 18yo Coyote dancer to be my mia noi cheesy.gif

Cheap.. why.. I mean I let my wife pay her share too. I don't understand guys paying it all for their wives g/f.

Then again I would not go for a woman / girl without her own income and independence. I would feel I would be buying the girl by paying it all for her.

Then again I am of a different generation of most of the guys here, guys like my dad would consider it normal as they were the breadwinner and the wife the cleaner.

So kinda depends on the kind of girl. I would not mind paying for an 18yo Coyote dancer to be my mia noi cheesy.gif

How much are you paying?

I can be an 18y.o. coyote dancer if you like? I am assuming that you only want someone to dance for you

• Like 2

OP, as you are so tight, are you ever able to take a leak?

One suspects there are moths in the OP's wallet that haven't learned to fly yet

Id be careful putting my hand into his wallet. He probably washes out and re-uses frangers. Could get nasty.

Oooo, nasty, bad man ND, very bad!

What's that bounder ND done now?

"coon" Tony! I mean, really.

possibly predict text

If you knew ND, like I knew ND, Oh Oh Oh what a...! I forget the rest of the words.

Id be careful putting my hand into his wallet. He probably washes out and re-uses frangers. Could get nasty.

Let's put this way if the OP is fretting over such small amounts of petty cash, wait till the subject of Sin Sot comes up, he had better book himself a room in the cardiac unit of a "reasonably priced" hospital now

• Like 2

I think he's so tight, he wouldn't pay for a wallet and he charge rent to the moths. I'm suspecting he squirrels his money away in a warm, dark place.

Edited by mrtoad

How much are you paying?

I can be an 18y.o. coyote dancer if you like? I am assuming that you only want someone to dance for you

How much do you weigh and can I see your Id card ?

• Like 1

Let's put this way if the OP is fretting over such small amounts of petty cash, wait till the subject of Sin Sot comes up, he had better book himself a room in the cardiac unit of a "reasonably priced" hospital now
What's Sin Sot? Does it cost more than $1,000 baht. Cause I'm not paying a lot of money!
  • Like 1

How much are you paying?

How much do you weigh and can I see your Id card ?
300 pounds & you can see whatever you like if you show me the money, big boy :P

MK for a meal first ?..... If I can find my car keys that is ?

• Like 1

^ Yes, well it would seem he is taking the p1ss because now he is pretending that he doesnt know what sin sot is.

Lets face it, if hes as tight as he claims to be, he would of thoroughly researched thailand and its traps...... a red flag indeed.