240 kilograms of dried marijuana confiscated in Nakhon Phanom

webfact

240 kilograms of dried marijuana confiscated in Nakhon Phanom

NAKHON PHANOM, 11 July 2014 (NNT) -- Authorities in the northeastern province of Nakhon Phanom have confiscated 240 kilograms of dried marijuana while they were on the way to Suvarnnabhumi airport.

Two men were arrested during the operation. After their car was thoroughly searched, police found 240 bars of dried marijuana, weighing one kilogram each, hidden under the hood. The cannabis has a street value of two million baht, said the police.

The weed was shipped by boat over the Mekhong river from the neighboring country. It was to be taken to Suvannabhume Airport, where it would then be shipped to a third country. Suspects said they were paid 30,000 bahts per person per trip and that they had done it twice before they were arrested.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-11 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

From "the neighbouring country" indeed.....I see it is politically incorrect to even name your neighbour these days. As if it could have originated from any other place than Laos. I wonder what the Thai media are worried about? Being sued for slander by the Lao government, even when drug smuggling on a large scale is being practiced? sad.png

police found 240 bars of dried marijuana, weighing one kilogram each, hidden under the hood.

Was there a motor under that hood as well ?

Seems the weed caught fire and the driver was so stoned that he'd lost control and drove into the police station.

Reminds me of a story of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers back in the old days.

• Like 1

police found 240 bars of dried marijuana, weighing one kilogram each, hidden under the hood.

Seems the weed caught fire and the driver was so stoned that he'd lost control and drove into the police station.

Reminds me of a story of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers back in the old days.

And the first Cheech and Chong movie...

• Like 2

Breaking News: The weed made it to America

Bangkok, 12/7/2014

An unofficial press report of "B. Clinton never inhaled it News agency" stated that the seized weed was immediately sent to America and got destroyed.Bystanders agreed that the quality was not too bad.

post-158336-0-10771500-1405223540_thumb.

Musta been Fat Freddy at the wheel. He always screwed up.

Furry Freak Brothers was one of my favourite comic strips back in the day, closely followed by Crumb's stuff. I've still got a 'Fat Freddy's Cat' lapel badge stashed somewhere in the archives! smile.png

• Like 1

Then be careful, if you have all the cash from the stash in your tank..