Police nab Phuket' serial robber

Lite Beer

Police nab Phuket' serial robber
Darawan Naknakhon

1405129185_1.jpg

PHUKET: Detectives from the Mueang Police have pinned a number of robberies committed throughout Phuket this month and last, to a 22-year-old Phang Nga man arrested on Thursday (July 10).

Raywat “Bao” Kasirak of Phang Nga was arrested in the area in front of Phuket Vocational College in Tambon Talaad Yai, as a key suspect in a robbery committed the night before at the Poon Pon Night Plaza.

After searching the young man's residence off Luang Po Rd in Phuket Town, police seized a number of items as evidence, including two notebook computers, a Buddhist amulet necklace, a tablet computer, an iphone, a watch, a Samsung Hero smartphone and various items of clothing.

Police said that the suspect has confessed to committing a multitude of robberies in the several weeks as follows:

In the coverage area of Mueang Phuket police, he allegedly robbed a home a home on June 17 at 11pm in the City Home estate in Rassada, followed by a robbery later that night at 12.30am (June 18) at a home on Tung Ka Rd in Talad Yai; a home in the Rock Garden estate in Moo 5 of Rassada on June 24 at 12.57am; in the late hours of June 25, four homes in the Nutkomol 7 estate in Moo 3 of Rassada, which inlcluded the theft of both property and B3,700 in cash and a home in the area of Ko Sireh bridge in Rassada on June 28.

As for robberies in Thalang, police pinned the suspect to a robbery at 12.05am on June 5 at a home in the Udom Suk estate in Moo 8 of Pa Klok and a robbery at a two-story row-housing complex near Cherng Talay school, where police say he snatched a black Acer notebook;

Police say he was also involved in a robbery around June 24 or 25 at a new housing estate across from the Bang Chak petrol station in Thung Thong, as well as a robbery of a paint store near Wat Chalong on June 22.

Aside from this, police say he was also involved in another break-and-enter robbery in Thalang, in which he stole a gold necklace and a white Toyota Fortuner, which he abandoned in Mueang district to evade police on his tail in hot pursuit.

From that robbery, police said the suspect had stole a gold necklace but already sold it to an undisclosed gold shop.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-nab-phuket-serial-robber-47311.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-12

I wonder if this young man will even goto jail, and for how long. We never ever get any follow-up to these stories. No doubt he will soon be back on the street and continue his criminal career.

Why do people think that?

Looking at the jails, overfull, they are putting many people away and keeping them there for a very long time as well.

• Like 1

I wonder if this young man will even goto jail, and for how long. We never ever get any follow-up to these stories. No doubt he will soon be back on the street and continue his criminal career.

Looking at the jails, overfull, they are putting many people away and keeping them there for a very long time as well.

We don't know what to think as we never get the follow-up. That was my real point.

• Like 1

We don't know what to think as we never get the follow-up. That was my real point.

Yes, that is very true. I would blame the reporting, but thinking about it, whenever they nab somebody back home for burglaries or something similar there is also never a follow up.

Exactly. These guys get nabbed, but then what?

I favor restitution, let the criminals work during the day, then pay compensation to their victims.

Opps, sorry I was dreaming :)

Yes, I think there is some confusion about this since there have been high profile cases of RICH and CONNECTED people who kill people with their cars and never see the inside of a jail cell.

If you are poor, they throw the book at you. The sentences are usually ridiculously long as well - though the annual round of royal pardons can often contradict that. Even then, there has to be a certain amount of time served.