Trang-Phuket coach employee booked for stealing computers from Chinese tourist

Lite Beer

Suthicha Sirirat

1405171001_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- An employee working on a regular coach that runs between Trang and Phuket was arrested today after confessing to stealing two Mac notebooks belonging to a Chinese tourist on Wednesday (July 9).

Police said Mr Pathompong Charunprik, 29, confessed to stealing the computers, which were stored in a travel bag on the bus. He said he hid them and other belongings in the bag, at a family member's house en route to Phuket.

The computers, a Macbook Pro and Macbook Air, both belonged to Ms Guo Ywei, 24, a Chinese tourist who had boarded the bus from Krabi.

Realizing the computers were missing upon arrival to Phuket, she filed a report with Phuket Tourist Police, who initiated an investigation, in cooperation along with Phuket City Police

The property has been recovered as evidence, and Mr Pathompong is being processed in the judicial system.

The case follows a similar one last month, when a tour bus driver was arrested in Phuket for stealing belongings of Chinese tourists who'd stored their bags on the bus while they were on a boat tour

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/trang-phuket-coach-employee-booked-for-stealing-computers-from-chinese-tourist-47325.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-12

I bet she left them in her unattended baggage. That was a stupid move she deserves to get them ripped off.

You're a clever man being able to deduce that based on nothing at all.

It seems to me that people who say things like that maybe have some 'thief' in their own DNA, obviously I'm not referring to you, of course.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I bet she left them in her unattended baggage. That was a stupid move she deserves to get them ripped off.

One would expect a bus to be safe, and to make it clear nobody deserves to get ripped off. Seems you have no ethics but that was clear to many people already.

So you are one of those who would leave money or valuable in the baggage area of a bus? Maybe your not as smart as you should be. Only a fool would leave it there. So what are you?

Edited by Mango Bob

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One would expect a bus to be safe, and to make it clear nobody deserves to get ripped off. Seems you have no ethics but that was clear to many people already.

So you are one of those who would leave money or valuable in the baggage area of a bus? Maybe your not as smart as you should be. Only a fool would leave it there. So what are you?

So people who make mistakes deserve to get ripped off?

Someone that feels if a mistake is made (leaving valuables there) it does not mean it is ok for someone else to steal it.

I guess you feel that if a girl wears sexy clothes its ok to grope and rape here as she was asking for it of course.

Myself I would avoid leaving expensive stuff in buses but I am not infallible and could make a mistake

• Like 1

took 7 guys to apprehend one guy.

They arrested the guy. Doubt it took seven people (they just want to be in the photo), so who cares?

Why do some people find the need to moan even in something like this.

I think you'll find Chooka works in the industry. Professionalism probably enters the equation here.

You gotta admire the Chinese for seeking justice.

They don't tolerate being scammed and ripped off.

It pisses me off how so many people think it's OK when these things happen "because the thief is poor and needed to steal / overcharge / etc"...

Its good they caught him. On a trip from Krabi to Surat this year , my girlfreinds bag was in the luggage compartment under the bus. Somebody went completely through it and stole a lot of personal items. Its really not a nice feeling. Its the secound time too. They do this whole charade of splitting up groups into different buses at Surat thani, hours of waiting in overpriced shops, rude service, the buss "broke down" on the way , and then they steal from the luggage. Total shit.

No, people who are stupid do

Mangobob, has it not occurred to you that these people are not 'stupid' but naïve?

Perhaps in their home country it is perfectly safe to leave valuable items in secured luggage.

Perhaps it would never ross their minds that a bus employee would stoop so low as to steal from a tourist

As another person alluded to in this post, I guess your DNA is wired differently from the moral majority.

• Like 2

No, people who are stupid do

bah.gifbah.gif

took 7 guys to apprehend one guy.

They arrested the guy. Doubt it took seven people (they just want to be in the photo), so who cares?

Why do some people find the need to moan even in something like this.

I think you'll find Chooka works in the industry. Professionalism probably enters the equation here.

They probably do give credit to the backroom staff here Chooka. smile.png Would you not allow the guys in your home station a little bit of credit sometimes (as long as that did not include cash).

I guess the HP box helped them find them.