I weakened . . .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJP doing his witchcraft once again. Could someone give the instructions how to reach the pyre?

Do you like the black and white tomato?

I do. And your enthusiasmic spirit.thumbsup.gif

Wonderful.smile.png

I'm going bankrupt here. Fim's got me into Leica glass!!!

Oh my life! Handheld too.

Boring old rose pic . . .

14562073240_2163ff29c1_b.jpg

Pixel peeping crop heaven . . .

14562072870_76f6067ca6_b.jpg

Flickr degrades the image by quite a margin, these are incredible viewing in Lightroom.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

Rumour has it that Sony may issue a Sony A7m. 'm' as in monochrome. Like the Leica-M Monochrome . . . but for poor people.

I for one would definitely go for such a thing (launch price drop and review dependent).

Rumour has it that Sony may issue a Sony A7m. 'm' as in monochrome. Like the Leica-M Monochrome . . . but for poor people.

I for one would definitely go for such a thing (launch price drop and review dependent).

The rumor for the B&W full frame is that it will be an RX1 style fixed lens camera, but it really is just a rumor and probably won't happen.

Hopefully things will become clear at Photokina this year. Actually, what may interest you is that Sony is supposed to announce a 16-35mm f4 Zeiss FE lens at the show and release it by the end of the year.

The rumor for the B&W full frame is that it will be an RX1 style fixed lens camera, but it really is just a rumor and probably won't happen.

Hopefully things will become clear at Photokina this year. Actually, what may interest you is that Sony is supposed to announce a 16-35mm f4 Zeiss FE lens at the show and release it by the end of the year.

Lens wise I'd be happy for a native FE fast 35mm.

One things for sure, I'm sold on Sony cameras. Small cameras too, Good stuff. RX2R with curved sensor and Zeiss 35/1.8 is worth the wait.

I don't see any other manufacturer bringing out a pure monochrome only camera. Leica surprised everyone when they did but of course the marque is heavily associated with b+w. For me, even though I prefer b+w over colour I wouldn't want to be restricted to this medium only.

Sony need to get their act together with lenses. They promised all for their big DSLR's and never produced and here they are again with their mirrorless range.
  • Like 1

I don't see any other manufacturer bringing out a pure monochrome only camera. Leica surprised everyone when they did but of course the marque is heavily associated with b+w. For me, even though I prefer b+w over colour I wouldn't want to be restricted to this medium only.

Sony need to get their act together with lenses. They promised all for their big DSLR's and never produced and here they are again with their mirrorless range.

Absolutely. Sony should learn from Fuji. Now there's a great range and growing with confidence.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely. Sony should learn from Fuji. Now there's a great range and growing with confidence.

I always find the lens complaints about Sony somewhat confusing:

In the first year of the FE mount, Sony has already released 5 lenses, with 3 more that are realistically planned to come before the end of the year.

On the A-mount side, the only real gap I see is ultra-wide angle: there is no (non-fisheye) prime under 20mm and nothing 1st party under 16mm -- zoom, prime, or otherwise. It would also be nice to have some cheaper options in some areas, but Tamron/Sigma and the venerable Minolta glass work to cover this.

I suppose I am a Sony appologist, but I like to think I haven't completely drunk the kool-aid: Yes, the 50% price jump for the 70-200G mk 2 makes no sense and is a blantant money grab; overall, Sony lenses are genearlly overpriced; the beercan isn't the sharpest lens ever made, etc...

I always find the lens complaints about Sony somewhat confusing:

In the first year of the FE mount, Sony has already released 5 lenses, with 3 more that are realistically planned to come before the end of the year.

On the A-mount side, the only real gap I see is ultra-wide angle: there is no (non-fisheye) prime under 20mm and nothing 1st party under 16mm -- zoom, prime, or otherwise. It would also be nice to have some cheaper options in some areas, but Tamron/Sigma and the venerable Minolta glass work to cover this.

I suppose I am a Sony appologist, but I like to think I haven't completely drunk the kool-aid: Yes, the 50% price jump for the 70-200G mk 2 makes no sense and is a blantant money grab; overall, Sony lenses are genearlly overpriced; the beercan isn't the sharpest lens ever made, etc...

People who buy the A7 are typically prime addicts. Now see the thing is we like a bag of fast primes and were hoping little RF gems like the CV15 and CVXX and wotnot would work lovely on the thing but they don't. Other thing is AF is useful.

So we wait for native glass. FE55 is stonkin' but FE35/2.8 could really be f2 or f1.8 or even f1.4. If Sony Zeiss could do fast sharp glass for the FE rather than making the lenses so small an light but slow, this would be good.  The balance has shifted too far in favour of size/weight regarding FE primes.

A 135/2 would be good (look at the Sony Zeiss 135/1.8 for reference). An 85/1.4 would be good (same again, have already in A mount). A 50/1.2 would be ace! A 35/1.4 to blow the Leica's out the water would be fantastic. A 14/2.8 would nail it!!!

I just hope Sony go down this route because so far I'm very impressed.