Nikon D810

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to a Thai friend who said 109,000Thb. Not sure who he was getting it through.

I paid $3500 AUD in Sydney but had a few extras thrown in with it. So depending on where you change your money that's equal to around 105,000 THB.

Of course you can link :)

105 000 thb is not so bad. Better then I thought.

I paid the equivalent of 105k baht in Sydney, my friend says he's paying 109k baht in Bangkok. Not a lot of difference IMO.

I'm not so sure what those big camera shops like Big Camera etc are going to charge, I'm sure they'll advertise in the next week or two.

It's 148,000 Baht in the UK. blink.png

Ouch !

Then again, better them than me, no wonder they whinge 5555

They do love a whinge . . . 'specially over a cuppa tea.

I know one that has no need to whinge, he's got a lovely piece of camera kit arriving soon. Must be getting a special poseur ready for it in the house !

It's 148,000 Baht in the UK. blink.png

Ouch !

They do love a whinge . . . 'specially over a cuppa tea.

I know one that has no need to whinge, he's got a lovely piece of camera kit arriving soon. Must be getting a special poseur ready for it in the house !

Going to take this Pom a while to figure the thing out, not the sharpest tool in the box.

I did look at the D810 and changing systems but it's too much of a struggle financially and all that agg of selling all the old kit.

[quote name="MJP" post="8109541" timestamp="1405514940"]

[quote name="neverdie" post="8109488" timestamp="1405514381"]

[quote name="MJP" post="8109459" timestamp="1405514154"]
 [quote name="neverdie" post="8107145" timestamp="1405484882"]
 [quote name="MJP" post="8104438" timestamp="1405427844"]
It's 148,000 Baht in the UK. blink.png[/quote]Ouch !

[/quote]

They do love a whinge . . . 'specially over a cuppa tea.[/quote]
 [/quote]

Going to take this Pom a while to figure the thing out, not the sharpest tool in the box.

I did look at the D810 and changing systems but it's too much of a struggle financially and all that agg of selling all the old kit.[/quote]

IMHO, you have made the right decision, don't think twice about it. You will have the thing sussed out quicker than Flash Gordon. Good for you & hope u are excited.

Our dealer just rang, the wife's D810 & extra bits are awaiting our arrival, so it's arrived and someone's excited.....I'm just contemplating the drive ahead to pick it up & the chatter from the passenger seat.....fortunately I'm going deaf, so I only need to smile and nod occasionally, with a 'yes dear' or an 'ohh great' thrown in every 100km's or so. :P

"Women, can't live with them, you can't live with them ". ;)

• Like 1

Less of the racial comments about us Poms wink.png
more on the cameras, please.

Astral, get an A7/A7r/A7s . . . . got my A7r this morning and this thing is genius!

Rack off & take it to the A7 thread or I'll drop my heavy old clunky DSLR on it...... is it impact resistant, or just nasty cheap plastic? ;) :P

Less of the racial comments about us Poms wink.png
more on the cameras, please.

Astral, get an A7/A7r/A7s . . . . got my A7r this morning and this thing is genius!

Rack off & take it to the A7 thread or I'll drop my heavy old clunky DSLR on it...... is it impact resistant, or just nasty cheap plastic? wink.pngtongue.png

It's very light. Did I mention this?

• Like 1

Is that flimsy & brittle light or just not so difficult for ur underdeveloped biceps to carry type light ?

:P

Did it come with a free girls blouse for you to adorn ? 55555 Edited by neverdie

Is that flimsy & brittle light or just not so difficult for ur underdeveloped biceps to carry type light ?

tongue.png

Did it come with a free girls blouse for you to adorn ? 55555

D810 won't fit in my handbag.

http://j.mp/1yBqOqD#sthash.1ctsQfC5.dpuf

M,

I was going to stir you up with some math correlating the weight of my wife & her camera & you're 500 pound body and skinny pins buckling under the weight of the big Sony........but I couldn't be arsed....

let me tell you, I'm well aware of how heavy the DSLR & all the associated bits and pieces ways, I'm the poor bugger that lugs all our gear and I don't even know what half of it is for. :P

Mind you, Pentax are the worse offenders, their tiny bodies feel as if they are made from led and concrete, good solid build. Anyway, run along & churn out some pics from the A7! (that is if ur whittle arms can bare the 465 grams of body, plus a lense....second thoughts, better take a tripod :P )
  • Like 1

Oh . . . dear . . . me . . .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/izumiflowers/14505368660/

update 4 : my copy of the D810 has some issues:

1 it suddenly freezes up quite often.

2 after shooting 6f/s for 2 seconds or more it always stop shooting and takes about 3 seconds to clear the buffer up.

3 the battery compartment door bottom of the camera does look very fragile.

4 sometimes stop AF-ing in lowlight.

So I return it and wait for FW update.

update 3: today I developed a lot of RAW files from the D810 and compared these files to similar D800E files , I think as long as shooting RAW , the D810 is basically almost same or identical to the D800E, shooting jpeg, though it is at least a stop better than the D800E ISO1600 and on. But the RAW is the same or at least identical quality to that of the D800E , and I am pretty disappointed.

that said , the AF of the new D810 is much better , the mechanical quality of it seems to be much better than that of the D800E , also the D810 is quite much quietter, with much lesser amount of mirror and shutter shock.

More . . .

This is a Japanese chap I sometimes converse with over the Flickr thing. He's bizarrely wealthy and has an incredible array of cameras and lenses. Every time a top model comes out he buys it regardless of brand.

We attempted a conversation about pensions and savings once. Not sure he really knew what I was on about.

Edited by astral
Removal of long quote - Please use Reply button a the bottom
  • Like 1

No one else I have communicated with has expressed any of these issues or concerns with their D810.

I wonder if it's an isolated issue or if just 1 in 3 gets these special features tongue.png

Edited by astral
Removal of long quote - Please use Reply button a the bottom

The wife has fired a few hundred shots thru her D810 & is really impressed, more impressed than she was expecting to be. I had to jemmy it out of her hands to get her to cook me a feed tonite.

I was allowed to play with the camera box & the discarded strap, so I'm feeling lucky indeed. She's very impressed with the focusing & the sharpness of the images, the rear screen & a heap of other things I neither understand or appreciate 5555.

My comment, "Nikon was too tight to supply a hotshoe cover with the camera.....W T F Nikon !"

Ohh yeah and it's so quite with my hearing impairment I can't hear it PERIOD, apparently it's very quite, which will be great for the birds.

Quality of all the doors and finishing is well done, no such concerns as experienced by MJP's other mad mate ;)

Here's a pic of the D810 with it wearing the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II.

I'm not allowed to touch it ! 555555

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's the size of Ford Falcon is the problem.

Strangely enuf though am, the 47kg woman that owns it didn't even flinch at its size & I saw her holding that up in the garden all afternoon chasing birds and anything else that moved...... So why are you squealing like a big Sheila ?

Are they testicals that u r sporting there or did u have them removed when the big girls blouse was fitted 55555 :P

Do u want me to fit a small prime lense to it & repost ? ;)

^^ It's the excitement, creates abnormal strength in a person. It'll soon wear off leaving only "Oh, this damn thing's too heavy, my back hurts, MJP was right I should have got the A7r".

• Like 1

OK...you got the battery grip...that's good. You have the bazooka too...nice...

and with the BG...well balanced. Now...find a good screen protector for both

the rear & top LCD's....you don't wanna scratch em. I recommend GGC...they're

made from tempered glass...very much unlike the Nik ones that are made of

plastic which scratch easily. And since you love the missus dearly ND...spend a

few tiny dollars and get an eyecup for the viewfinder. She'll love you for it in

return and she won't have to squash her face against the rear LCD and ruin her

makeup! The GGC LCD protectors should cost around 20 USD or thereabouts

and the eyecup somewhat less. For the eyecup there's heaps of turd party makes

out there that are really quite good...and then there's Niks....