Nikon D810

Too heavy. Too big. Times are changing. Watch Sony at Photokina.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heavy. Perhaps.

Too big. Nonesense. One of the reasons many photogs attach the battery grip to cameras such as this is to allow for easier handling when bigger zoom (or large primes) are attached to it.

Recently I tried to handle the Bazooka (Sunnys word) on the Camera without the grip, I soon realised it was much easier with the grip attached.

There's people out there MJP that couldn't give a damn about what Sony is doing at Photokina. wink.png

Arnt Sony producers of cheap stereo equipment and ice makers OR is that Cannon? tongue.png

Sony are the producers of some of  the most innovative camera equipment over the last couple of years (RX1, RX100, A7x); and Canon is the company that has not introduced anything of interest for a long, long time. Rumours for Photoklna include an upgrade the the very long in the tooth 7D from Canon (yawn); and a camera with a curved sensor from the cheap stereo equipment company.

RX2R should be the ultimate street shooter if it has an integrated EVF.
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too heavy. Too big. Times are changing. Watch Sony at Photokina.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heavy. Perhaps.

Too big. Nonesense. One of the reasons many photogs attach the battery grip to cameras such as this is to allow for easier handling when bigger zoom (or large primes) are attached to it.

Recently I tried to handle the Bazooka (Sunnys word) on the Camera without the grip, I soon realised it was much easier with the grip attached.

There's people out there MJP that couldn't give a damn about what Sony is doing at Photokina. wink.png

Arnt Sony producers of cheap stereo equipment and ice makers OR is that Cannon? tongue.png

Sony are the producers of some of  the most innovative camera equipment over the last couple of years (RX1, RX100, A7x); and Canon is the company that has not introduced anything of interest for a long, long time. Rumours for Photoklna include an upgrade the the very long in the tooth 7D from Canon (yawn); and a camera with a curved sensor from the cheap stereo equipment company.

RX2R should be the ultimate street shooter if it has an integrated EVF.

Will make my promise to buy myself a Leica rather hard to justify.

• Like 1

Rack off you lot. This is the D810 thread. Somebody who shall remain nameless MJP, keeps moaning about the weight of the camera......the people with the camera arnt talking about that.

Don't be so damn sensitive you lot, I was making a flippant statement about the ice maker company Sony, I'm well aware of who's making what.

Interestingly, it's our friend with the mirrorless camera Xjrkbz mkii or whatever it is that just bought the D810. In his words, it's a great camer but too friggin small hold. he's a big man.

My wife lives the size of the D810 (with battery pack on) & would be over the moon if it was 30% lighter. The lenses far outweigh the body most of the time, but they are beautiful glass.

So back to derailing the D810 topic........when's Sony bringing out its new 5 slice toaster & what colours will it be available in? :P

Don't worry, I won't drop by the Sony XRP7iis thread to derail it telling you how good my new nikon bag is. ;)

time to live and let live people, you want that, my wife wants this and I don't mind using her old Pentax P&S....each to their own.

chao.

^^^ Yup...you're right ND...this is the D810 thread.

However...some cheerful albeit at times agonising comments

from others is always welcome. As Fractured Rabbit stated

Sony really has done some serious innovation while Can

& Nik have accomplished FA...Canon hasn't done squat since

the 5D came out...OK the 1D-C but who is gonna afford that?

Nikon seems to be playing "let's stick this inside here & see

what happens eh?" save for the new 810. Still...the 810 is

really just a fancied up 800E and it is the fancied up stuff that

is making the camera a must have for us Nik owners. The

D4S is just a bog standard D4 with many of the 810's new

fancy stuff jammed inside it...plus a few other things y'all

can easily Google for.

In my way of thinking if one likes a hefty DSLR with a "clunky"

mirror and if somebody else likes a mirrorless jobber and

if someone else likes a PnS and if someone else likes a

rangefinder....hell....it's all good stuff. None of it is worth

slagging someone off because that person has something

another person doesn't have or perhaps may even feel is

way behind the times. Who Cares! Whatever your choice

or preference is...it's your choice...good on ya...use it to the

fullest.

Be out having fun....even if you use a Zenit 12....

• Like 1