No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

Update: Was out of the country 2 days and on arrival at Don Mueang Airport was given the 30 day stamp. No questions asked at all, no proof of funds required, no showing of tickets, no nothing. Oh and no, I am not Russian or South Korean, all is good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Update: Was out of the country 2 days and on arrival at Don Mueang Airport was given the 30 day stamp. No questions asked at all, no proof of funds required, no showing of tickets, no nothing. Oh and no, I am not Russian or South Korean, all is good.

Just out of curiosity, OK, so you're NOT Russian or South Korean. What nationality ARE you? Do you have many visa exempt entries OR tourist visas in your passport? Did the IO even look at your pp so far as you could tell?

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, OK, so you're NOT Russian or South Korean. What nationality ARE you? Do you have many visa exempt entries OR tourist visas in your passport? Did the IO even look at your pp so far as you could tell?

I am one of passport holders of the many nations that are granted 30 day waivers on entry, I won't say exactly which one. My passport is full of Non O visas and turist visas, the IO checked all pages in my passport. I have no previous 30 day stamps in there so maybe that's why there were no questions regarding, return flights, 20K in bank or hotel bookings.

Hello Gents, my apologies if you think I should already know the answer to this. At least I'm replying, and not starting a new post, right? biggrin.png

I'm from the states, and have been wandering about for the last year. Meaning I have about 6 Thai visa exempt stamps in my passport (with Cambodia, Singapore, etc stamps in between) . The last of which was stamped on Aug 12, just before (or when?) this whole ordeal started.

My Visa exempt is almost up. What are my options for coming back?

I do NOT have an I/O anywhere on my latest stamp.

I need to come back 1 more time, and stay for about a week, as I am having a surgery in Bangkok before heading home. The surgery is already scheduled. Maybe if I run into trouble, a call to the doctor to confirm will be sufficient.

If I fly out, the maximum buffer I can have is 2 days before returning.

I see the fellow above me made it back OK, but he had no previous stamps in his passport.

Perhaps the safest option is to just stay here and pay the overstay fee (would be about 10 days worth).

Thanks for any input.

Hello Gents, my apologies if you think I should already know the answer to this. At least I'm replying, and not starting a new post, right? biggrin.png

I'm from the states, and have been wandering about for the last year. Meaning I have about 6 Thai visa exempt stamps in my passport (with Cambodia, Singapore, etc stamps in between) . The last of which was stamped on Aug 12, just before (or when?) this whole ordeal started.

My Visa exempt is almost up. What are my options for coming back?

I do NOT have an I/O anywhere on my latest stamp.

I need to come back 1 more time, and stay for about a week, as I am having a surgery in Bangkok before heading home. The surgery is already scheduled. Maybe if I run into trouble, a call to the doctor to confirm will be sufficient.

If I fly out, the maximum buffer I can have is 2 days before returning.

I see the fellow above me made it back OK, but he had no previous stamps in his passport.

Perhaps the safest option is to just stay here and pay the overstay fee (would be about 10 days worth).

Thanks for any input.

Just extend 30 days at immigration, Bt 1,900.

blah blah

Just extend 30 days at immigration, Bt 1,900.

Thanks, after I made that post I found this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/page-13

where people are talking about that. I'll head to immigration in the morning. I guess that means I need to extend my hotel stay now. It will suck if I pay for the hotel and then they deny my extension because of the 5-6 visa exempt stamps. But I've been reading thru that thread and no one has said they were denied, so hopefully it works out.

I will report back to verify, as others might find it useful.

• Like 2

They will not deny the extension for having previous visa exempt entries. You will get it.

All you will need is copies of your passport pages, TM6 departure card, 1900 baht. and a completed TM7 application form with and attached photo.

They are not asking for anything more that.

• Like 1

Info for anyone that will find it useful:

I got the extension on my visa exempt for another 30 days.

I had 6 previous Thai exempt stamps in my passport, spread over the last year. They definitely examined each one, looking at it longer than just a glance. Long enough to see what the date was on each (usually there were gaps between stamps, when I stayed in other countries for awhile). However they didn't ask any questions.

They did NOT ask to see 10,000 tbh cash, flight tickets out of Thailand, confirmation of hotel, or itinerary. They did ask several times to make sure the name and address of my hotel was correct.

The only hiccup was they said that the photo did not look like me (holding it up next to my face, then staring back and forth between me and the photo several times). This is the same photo that is in my passport, and is about 2.5 years old. My hair is about 1" long now (2" in the picture), and I've lost about 5 kilos. I don't think it looks that different. Nevertheless, they made me run downstairs to get a new photo (100 tbh & 5 minutes). I did not point out the logical flaw in their assertion...if this photo doesn't look like me, and its the same photo that's in my passport, how do you know this passport belongs to me?

So have a relatively new photo with you.

I arrived at 9:30, and was 15th in line, according to my queue ticket. I did not get called to the counter until 11:15, and literally got my passport back as they were leaving for lunch (12)...almost got kicked out by security, but while I was asking if I could please check to see if my passport was ready (and she was shaking her head "no"), they called my name. I lucked out on that.

Thanks for all the previous help.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Is this still the case to date. Can you still do a same day visa run, if not what is the minimum required days before they let you return. My last visa run was to Malaysia, but i stayed 6 days. this time i want to be their n back in 1 day.