No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

condos will be selling for peanuts soon

You hope that families are split up?? You are a dreadful person. What about the kids losing their father.... their fault as well eh???? Your bitterness is unique and I m glad I don't think I have h

Did anybody read this line in the story: "Visa runners are those who leave Thailand and return immediately for the purpose of extending their stay." Seems pretty clear to me.

400.000 baht for living expenses? We are talking about the same country?

That's for a year.

This has been mandated by the Thai government for years.

Retirees have to show 800,000 Bt for living expenses to get the one year extension.

A person have the choice to keep his money whenever he wants because explanation.

fine but it will cost u big time to transfer it back and forth every year as u need to show it for every extension. their rules. obey or dont get the visa. simple

A person have the choice to keep his money whenever he wants because explanation.

fine but it will cost u big time to transfer it back and forth every year as u need to show it for every extension. their rules. obey or dont get the visa. simple

yeah ok, but my first questions is still unanswered :-)

there's really no sense on this behaviour.

Edited by manolothai

Your first question.

You want to stay as a tourist for four years.

Now not possible. Thai immigration will not consider you a tourist. You need to get the correct visa for your situation which is for a long term stay. You need a Non-Imm O for marriage, or retirement that can be extended by a year, each and every year. You will need to show 400,000 Bt, or 800,000 Bt, depending on if you choose marriage, or retirement, every time you apply for the extension.

Your first question.

Now not possible. Thai immigration will not consider you a tourist. You need to get the correct visa for your situation which is for a long term stay. You need a Non-Imm O for marriage, or retirement that can be extended by a year, each and every year. You will need to show 400,000 Bt, or 800,000 Bt, depending on if you choose marriage, or retirement, every time you apply for the extension.

No but at the end I will make the ED visa for the first 1 2 3 years and finally I will do the permit of stay with al the money needed...

the question is not about me, it is a general question:

if a person is a good person, does not work without permit, does not bullshit. it is a good guy, no drink, no smoke, no drugs... no speculation on their weakness... why restirct him so much?

Really all these restrictions are without any sense, because instead of it a person can send to thai 400.000 baht and start work without permit or go against any law.

I mean there is not direct correlation between the two things... so their choice to place all these restriction every year become more difficult to stay in thai, and I'm talking about become more difficult for good and honest people, not for druged or robbers... it make no sense at all... I hope I've been clear now.

Edited by manolothai

Your first question.

No but at the end I will make the ED visa for the first 1 2 3 years and finally I will do the permit of stay with al the money needed...

if a person is a good person, does not work without permit, does not do bullshit. it is a good guy, no drink, no smoke, no drugs... no speculation on their weakness... why restirct him so much?

Really all these restrictions are without any sense, because instead of it a person can send to thai 400.000 baht and start work without permit or go against any law.

I mean there is not direct correlation between the two things... so their choice to place all these restriction every year become more difficult to stay in thai, and I'm talking about become more difficult for good and honest people, not for druged or robbers... it make no sense at all... I hope I've been clear now.

that is a question only the ones that make the rules can answer

Your first question.

if a person is a good person, does not work without permit, does not do bullshit. it is a good guy, no drink, no smoke, no drugs... no speculation on their weakness... why restirct him so much?

I mean there is not direct correlation between the two things... so their choice to place all these restriction every year become more difficult to stay in thai, and I'm talking about becoem more difficult for good and honest people, not for druged or robbers... it make no sense at all... I hope I've been clear now.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, going the ED route is not a good idea. Many people are going to try and get this visa to stay long-term in Thailand. Many of those will not be sincere in wanting to learn the Thai language.

This will be the next category of visa that immigration will crack down on. Far better to go Non-Imm for marriage, or retirement.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, going the ED route is not a good idea. Many people are going to try and get this visa to stay long-term in Thailand. Many of those will not be sincere in wanting to learn the Thai language.

This will be the next category of visa that immigration will crack down on. Far better to go Non-Imm for marriage, or retirement.

I agree it is more risky.

Basically the only answer I can find about my thought is:

Thai (maybe not thai people, but sure thai government) does not want farang.

I think after next elections maybe some restrictions will be take out. I think it is a matter just cocerning military governement because they have farang allergy... don't know why...

Edited by manolothai

Basically the only answer I can find about my thought is:

Thai (maybe not thai people, but sure thai government) does not want farang.

I think after next elections maybe some restrictions will be take out. I think it is a matter just cocerning military governement because they have farang allergy... don't know why...

What government?

I've taken a look to cambodia, is unbelievable.... can have 12 months visa without headache, stay as long as you want, hotels, food and everything is a lot cheaper than thai, make a business and investments a lot easier... it seems like an heaven...

is it a scam or is it real?

Anyone know how long a Thai lady can stay in cambodia, is it easy?

Edited by manolothai