No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

What rubbish!

People are losing sight of the fact that the visa rules have not been changed, they are just being enforced.

Immigration want you to get the correct visa. You cannot use short term stay visas for long term stay any more.

Inconvenient? Yes.

No need to make this into a nine act drama.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

condos will be selling for peanuts soon

You hope that families are split up?? You are a dreadful person. What about the kids losing their father.... their fault as well eh???? Your bitterness is unique and I m glad I don't think I have h

Did anybody read this line in the story: "Visa runners are those who leave Thailand and return immediately for the purpose of extending their stay." Seems pretty clear to me.

The rules HAVE NOT changed.

What has changed is enforcement, therefore the situation has changed.

They don't want people staying long term using visas that are meant for short term stays.

If you want to stay long term there are ways to do this. What's the problem?

Edited by KarenBravo

They don't want people staying long term using visas that are meant for short term stays.

Exactly. There is no problem.

Get legal or get he hell out. Simple.

I just had a conversation with a person who must know all this things about the visa crackdowns. Please understand, that i don't provide the identity of this person. I know this person since more then 10 years. And i know how is this person is connected.

For people who stay long term in Thailand with tourist visas will nothing change after 12th August. Unless, they had some overstay or too many visa exempt stamps in the past. That said, to activate the second entry after 12th August will be no problem. It doesn't matter how long the "visa runner" stay in Thailand prior. All this refers not to southern borders. Border to Laos and Cambodia are fine.

People who want to apply another Tourist Visa in Vientiane or Svannakhet, should provide to the consulate a rental contract, or a housebook on your own name or a certification of residence. Also, proof that you can effort to stay here. Show them copys of your bank book. The consulate want see movements on your Thai account. Money come in, money go out. For rental fees, shopping or whatever.

It may sounds ironic, because somehow, you have to proof that you are not a tourist to be considered as a tourist.

Some people will think, this is all bullshit. But i know who this person is. And if a moderator or admin think all this is bullshit, he is free to delete this posting.

Nothing is as bad as it looks.

Well I just had a talk with a person I know, the son of the brother from a uncle of my wife, he told me that his friend has a friend, who's father no somebody at the police station. This policeman has a brother who know somebody in immigration.

Offcourse you will understand that I can not reveal his name, butbelieve me, this man knows everything about the crackdown, just believe me!

There are people on this form who don't know what is going to happen with this crackdown and have the feeling they are in trouble.

So please stop your bs and write something that can be backed up with a link or article.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

how many links do you need to know "it's gonna get tougher to stay in Thailand"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just one or two factual ones. Just one or two actual border experiences. Most of the posts here are supposition based on rumor written by people who don't live in Thailand. The devil is in the details. The OP, "Pol Lt-Colonel Weerawat Nilwat, an inspector at the Sungai Kolok border checkpoint in Narathiwat province, disclosed that immigration officials at his workplace had already barred more than 100 visa-runners from re-entering the Kingdom." That's 3 a day for a month.

Immigration begins to report to a different agency soon other than the ministry of the interior. Read the writing on the wall.

But this sungai golok border is rarely used. I would be more interested for numbers being barred entry at the danok/sadao border please. Updates please, real experiences, no haresay please.

Rules and enforcement combine to create precedent - for practical purposes they merge.

There is nothing illegal with back to back visas, if they allow them.

What they want to do it seems is generally make life more difficult and complex for people.

And this attitude works against everyones interests, except for those countries that want to attract people.

No one for example in their right mind, would set up a company here, to do international marketing or IT development etc. The bureaucracy, bizarre accounting regulations, employment regulations all on top of a horrible internet, mean that Thailand misses out. They have throttled a vibrant potential grass roots industry. I guess its back to the massage parlour for too many young Thais. Which doubtless suits a lot of crusty retired expats.

You'd think Thailand would understand the components of what made it an attractive destination and augment those qualities, instead of diminishing them.

Don't worry, foreign writers, photographers, freelance IT people, designers, entrepreneurs and traders are on their way out. Amazing Thailand is fast becoming Tedious Thailand.

Don't worry, foreign writers, photographers, freelance IT people, designers, entrepreneurs and traders are on their way out. Amazing Thailand is fast becoming Tedious Thailand.

Try Non-Imm B with a work permit.

Just more sensationalist crap.

• Like 2

Let's be clear here - you're flight is booked and you'll be leaving Thailand, never to return ? Bon Voyage. clap2.gif

I'll pass on your advice to one of Thailands most famous foreign writers, who has just moved to Indonesia and two of the most brilliant black soul singers, that are now based in the Philippines. And to a host of movie production people and their companies that have also quietly moved on.

A world class Belgian photographer, used to base himself here and travel all over the world. But the hassles with getting his equipment in and out and immigration complications along with other things, forced him to leave. His six Thai domestic staff and another dozen employees will doubtless miss him.

Half a dozen Thai based IT development companies I know of, have closed down and their principles have moved to Sri Lanka. Several up and coming clothing designers have left. Even Indian gem merchants are packing up shop and going back to Jaipur. An award winning British jewellery designer and neighbour of mine, with loads of work from abroad, just left for Italy, because it just became too complicated here.

The people who bring innovation and opportunity are being squeezed out. This can't be good.

• Like 2

I'll pass on your advice to one of Thailands most famous foreign writers, who has just moved to Indonesia and two of the most brilliant black soul singers, that are now based in the Philippines. And to a host of movie production people and their companies that have also quietly moved on.

A world class Belgian photographer, used to base himself here and travel all over the world. But the hassles with getting his equipment in and out and immigration complications along with other things, forced him to leave. His six Thai domestic staff and another dozen employees will doubtless miss him.

Half a dozen Thai based IT development companies I know of, have closed down and their principles have moved to Sri Lanka. Several up and coming clothing designers have left. Even Indian gem merchants are packing up shop and going back to Jaipur. An award winning British jewellery designer and neighbour of mine, with loads of work from abroad, just left for Italy, because it just became too complicated here.

The people who bring innovation and opportunity are being squeezed out. This can't be good.

Wow all that based on a couple of rumors on a website. Think what would happen if Thailand actually changed some Visa laws!!!

another crackdown

will this blow over ?

will it be like the enforcement of no smoking in bars. or 2am closing times.

they must realize that much of the $$ coming into Thailand is from men spending there life savings once they get hooked

and its all very well saying get a marriage visa.. but they have to meet 'mrs right' 1st !

i can just see it.

50 year old divorcee visits Thailand as his m8's tell him he can be a sexy man again before he dies.

he arrives spends lots of time partying and living it up ..

then meets the girl of his dreams .. only to be told. now if you want to stay with your girlfriend your going to have to get married quick otherwise your relationship is not recognized.. sensible guys wait before getting married to see if they are are going to be a husband or a portable atm machine . not any more as these rules encourage quick marriages ..