Do You Have A Best Buddy In LOS?

lostsoul49

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two good Thai friends. Both similar education backgrounds. Both own businesses. They both speak more languages than I. The older one I've known for 10 years and his family for much longer. The younger one was a business partner for a while. I have four Farang friends from a professional organization I am a member of. More friends here than in the West. In the West I keep track of old friends and old school friends with social media.

• Like 1

No, plenty of Thais I like and respect but they have a different conception of "friendship" than we do so I think (except for those with strong international mindset) impossible to make a true "western-style" friend with a local. And with foreigners sort of but it is hard to respect people who marry hookers.

My best buddy in LOS is my wife.

I have drinking buddies, talking buddies, walking buddies but none compared with the connection and friendship I have with my wife.

Well it's just about impossible to have any serious conversation with a Thai so i can't see how the wife could be your best friend. Coming from totally different backgrounds , cultures and levels of education it's just not possible. I've never met a Thai in 11 years who would be capable of an in depth conversation. The wife ... lol , my misiss is as thick as two short planks. She's a great girl but not my best mate. More like a great shag and treats me like a Roman Prince.

I'll pay that.

• Like 1

After 10 years? No

I have 1 good friend, but he likes football to much ;-) and 1 email friend. There was a guy who could be best buddy, but he kicked me out of FB a while ago.

No, most farangs are messed up, that's why they here.

post-91942-0-26094700-1405414737_thumb.j

Well it's just about impossible to have any serious conversation with a Thai so i can't see how the wife could be your best friend. Coming from totally different backgrounds , cultures and levels of education it's just not possible. I've never met a Thai in 11 years who would be capable of an in depth conversation. The wife ... lol , my misiss is as thick as two short planks. She's a great girl but not my best mate. More like a great shag and treats me like a Roman Prince.

Alternatively,

Stupid people can have friends too!

(Although I've only found male/female friendships work when the guy is gay)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I don't hangout in bars and consequently my friends don't either. My best friend is years older than myself and a mentor as well as a good friend.

I can't give an exact count of my other friends. Some are in-country several times a year for extended periods.

All are not into the bar scene and generally a happy lot.

One Day at a Time

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

nanapong, I'm happy for you and the way your wife treats you.
But, there is another world, out there that you don't seem you have noticed, being enclosed in your little "male" world.
Take my word, there are many Thais out there that are educated and can speak perfect English.
Just didn't happen for you to meet any.
I did.

Alternatively,
Stupid people can have friends too!
(Although I've only found male/female friendships work when the guy is gay)

I can respect guys who marry hookers if,
1. They don't try pretending they didn't marry a hooker.
2. They don't drag her around with them, and claim she is their best friend.

So, according to you, I'm stupid, gay, and married to a hooker.

Anymore compliments from you?

Why are you so sad and resentful to other people?

Life hasn't been good for you?

• Like 1

Sorry Costos,

You've added two separate posts of mine together, and snipped some bits out.

Neither of which were aimed at you.

First post, in reply to Nanaprong. (Who couldn't understand how a Thai female could be a best friend)

Partially my fault there, I was too lazy to edit your bit out, gone back and done that now.

Second Post, in reply to Squarecircle. (Who couldn't respect a guy married to a hooker)

Nothing to do with you, we were talking about guys married to hookers.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Never mind lostsoul49.....Dry your eyes, maybe your get a real Best Buddy when you lead the charge & relocate to Myanmar ..........coffee1.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

lostsoul49 posted Yesterday Visa Page

"I say we all move out of Thailand for Myanmar.... That'll screw em up" ---- lostsoul49

Sorry Costos,

You've added two separate posts of mine together, and snipped some bits out.

Neither of which were aimed at you.

First post, in reply to Nanaprong. (Who couldn't understand how a Thai female could be a best friend)

Second Post, in reply to Squarecircle. (Who couldn't respect a guy married to a hooker)

Sorry, for the misunderstanding, AnotherOneAmerican.

I was really surprised, with your answers, but now I do understand.

By the way, always read and like your posts.

• Like 1