Phuket python comes in from the rain

webfact

Phuket python comes in from the rain
Eakkapop Thongtub

1405416668_1-org.jpg
Two Kusondharm experts hold the python, sagging under the weight of its last meal.

PHUKET: -- Bunsaner Kulwanich was more than a little alarmed at 10:30 this morning (July 15) this morning when she walked to the rear of her home in Talad Yai, Phuket Town and found a large python curled up there.

A lump in its body suggested the python had eaten something pretty substantial and was looking for a place to sleep off the meal.

Ms Bunsaner, 67, promptly called the Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation, which sent out its snake experts. They caught the four-metre constrictor and released it in the forest in Kathu.

The experts theorised that the snake had arrived along a nearby klong, which was swollen from the recent rain.

One of them, Poonsab Sae-ung, said the Foundation was receiving quite a few calls to catch snakes in recent days, because the heavy rain was flooding the reptiles’ habitats and they were looking for somewhere to stay until things dry out.

He added that although the snakes are released in an area far from human habitation, the spreading of residential areas meant that sometimes the released snakes find their way back into people’s houses, and have to be caught all over again.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-python-comes-in-from-the-rain-47356.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-15

I once had to clear out 18 carpet snakes (pythons) from my SE Queensland house roof. I took them to a nearby tip (plenty of rats to eat) but amazingly most of them found their way back home so i had to 'bag them up' again. I was told by a parks and wild life officer that if i did not take them more than 5 klm to release, they would once again come back. Did that, and they never came back, however Possums decided to camp in the roof and were making such a noise at night 'scurrying' around that i had to get another Carpet snake and put up there to get rid of them. That worked too. tongue.png

Quite. The right sort of snake can be your friend. thumbsup.gif

I once had to clear out 18 carpet snakes (pythons) from my SE Queensland house roof. I took them to a nearby tip (plenty of rats to eat) but amazingly most of them found their way back home so i had to 'bag them up' again. I was told by a parks and wild life officer that if i did not take them more than 5 klm to release, they would once again come back. Did that, and they never came back, however Possums decided to camp in the roof and were making such a noise at night 'scurrying' around that i had to get another Carpet snake and put up there to get rid of them. That worked too. tongue.png

Quite. The right sort of snake can be your friend. thumbsup.gif

I agree: I married one cheesy.gif