Out-in visa hoppers now being barred from entry to Thailand

PHUKET UPDATE

Out-in visa hoppers now being barred from entry to Thailand

PHUKET: -- Pol Col Sanchai Chokkayaikij, Superintendent of the Phuket Immigration Office, this afternoon confirmed to The Phuket News that the multiple “Out-In” visa hop is now officially dead.

“Every immigration post on land borders and at airports now has the same rules.

“If they are genuine tourists that's fine. But if we believe they are not tourists, they will not be readmitted into Thailand.

“We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas]. We will not let them in.”

The impending clampdown has been a while coming, and has been applied in stages, with some Immigration posts ahead of others.

On May 13, the then-national head of Immigration, Lt Gen Pharnu Kerdlarpphon explained to The Phuket News, “Lots of nationalities come to Thailand on tourist visas but they come to work. I really want them to do the right thing, not to try to dodge around the law and evade taxes.”

Immigration has also begun to apply blacklisting to people who overstay their permits to stay in Thailand.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-15

• Like 1

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have I understood this correctly?? Thai embassy abroad are issuing tourist-VISAS like there is no tomorrow and debit money for it as well. And than people are being denied entry to Thailand. I mean, can not the thai embassy see the exact same thing as the immigration-personal at the border to Thailand in respective passport they are stamping??????

Can somebody enlighten me plse...

Glegolo

30 euro, 30 euro , 30 euro, 30 euro....millions of them....

Than, good luck with that...

They milk farangs money without letting farangs touching Thai soil.

• Like 1

Have I understood this correctly?? Thai embassy abroad are issuing tourist-VISAS like there is no tomorrow and debit money for it as well. And than people are being denied entry to Thailand. I mean, can not the thai embassy see the exact same thing as the immigration-personal at the border to Thailand in respective passport they are stamping??????

Glegolo

Easy enough, stop giving them your money

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Now we will here from all the cry babies who been living in Thailand with these tourist visa. Either get a proper visa or go home.

Any advice for someone under 50 that isn't married with no Thai children, that working outside of Thailand on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation, that wishes to spend his time off in Thailand??? Any suggestions???

Why not a tourist visa...nothing has changed for genuine tourists. That would be especially true if you actually stayed in a hotel or guesthouse during your 6 weeks...or do you have a house and car and actually "live" in Thailand 6 weeks and work offshore for 6 weeks? If that's the case, maybe an PE visa.

I would wager that embassy and consulates are processing higher a than average number of lost passport requests in light of the visa crackdown... A clean passport gives you a clean start at the borders...

No,a new passport will NOT give you a clean start at the borders Thai immigration entered the digital world a decade ago.

if it is so. explain why my passport is full 10 pages full with stamps after 2 years

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now we will here from all the cry babies who been living in Thailand with these tourist visa. Either get a proper visa or go home.

Any advice for someone under 50 that isn't married with no Thai children, that working outside of Thailand on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation, that wishes to spend his time off in Thailand??? Any suggestions???

Alternate with another country,

Thailand, Philippine, Nepal all have a great climate.

What's so special about Thailand?

I really don't understand the desperation foreigners have to stay in Thailand, it ain't that great a place.

There are dozens of countries that offer the same or more, for a similar price.

Can you tell me which other tropical countries that offers "the same or more" for a similar price ?? The reason many likes to stay in Thailand is the location,prices,easy to get to neighbouring countries,an aboundance of western household items and a relatively chrime free and safe enviroment.

Nepal ?? A dirt poor country..........give me any West African country any time instead..........including Nigeria.

• Like 1

5555, Except for the UK Passport Holders. What's the current waiting time for a new passport for them 8++ weeks ?

Renewing UK Passports in Thailand Key Visa

At present it is taking 3-4 weeks to arrive back in Thailand.

• Like 1

We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas].

But once again they did not say how long is "too long"... sad.png

Exactly my problem. Been here since mid April and would like to enter from Laos on a second double entry tourist visa until my flight out in mid November, not sure if that is "too long".

I really don't understand the desperation foreigners have to stay in Thailand, it ain't that great a place.

Can you tell me which other tropical countries that offers "the same or more" for a similar price ?? The reason many likes to stay in Thailand is the location,prices,easy to get to neighbouring countries,an aboundance of western household items and a relatively chrime free and safe enviroment.

Nepal ?? A dirt poor country..........give me any West African country any time instead..........including Nigeria.

You should give south Nepal a try, subtropical climate.

It's come a long way in the past 10 years.

Nowhere near the danger and corruption of Nigeria.

• Like 1

Nepal ? Seriously ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Nepal

Tourism is the largest industry in Nepal, and the largest Source of foreign exchange and revenue. Possessing 8 of the 10 highest mountains in the world, Nepal is a hotspot destination for mountaineers, rock climbers and people seeking adventures. The Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Nepal, and its cold weather are also strong attractions.

Nepal may have a 'subtropical' region, but I've lived in the subtropics on both sides of Australia - you freeze your nuts off in Winter. That aside, what percentage of the regulars here would you say seek adventures on icy mountainsides ? That's one of the things I love about central and southern Thailand - Winter is just a word, Cambodia is the only other SEA country I would consider living in, but to each their own - send us a postcard from Nepal.

(FWIW, that page lists the number of tourists at roughly half a million a year - about 25.5 million less than Thailand in 2013. For some, that would be a plus - for me its confirmation that most people dont pick a temperate climate to escape the Northern Winter)

Replacement passports for lost / stolen / damaged passports in the UK have your old passport details on the page opposite the new details. Be quite easy for Thai immigration to check details off both. That might be problematic for some.

Glegolo

Two different organizations with different bosses

Glegolo

30 euro, 30 euro , 30 euro, 30 euro....millions of them....

Than, good luck with that...

They milk farangs money without letting farangs touching Thai soil.

Off Topic I know :

BUT

Apply for a UK or US Visa in Thailand and you pay with your application.

If the Visa is not granted - tough - no refund.

And, only guessing, but I imagine hundreds of these applicants are refused every month.

Patrick

Yes, and I for one think it stinks.
  • Like 2