Non O visa from Brisbane

A friend said that she has just come back from Brisbane were she obtained an Non O visa (for visiting friends and family in Thailand) multi entry 1 year visa,now i thought this type of visa finished years ago..Comments please!!!

Edited by sodapak

I just obtained a 1-yr, multiple entry non-immigrant "O" visa for visiting family in Thailand at the Thai Consulate in Brisbane. As usual, a seamless and friendly service.

I needed the following;

* copy of marriage certificate

* copy of wife's signed Thai ID card

* copy of wife's house registration (tabien ban)

* payment of AUD225

I did not require any bank statements.

If you apply before 11am they issue the visa the same day, otherwise they will express mail you your passport + visa which is what I did.

You can also express mail your application and passport and bank cheque to the Thai Consulate from elsewhere in Australia and have it returned to you if you include a self-addressed express mail envelope. Address is

Royal Thai Consulate General

87 ANNERLEY ROAD,

South Brisbane QLD 4101

Australia

Phone:+61 7 3846 7771

• 7 months later...

I have just had 2 Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O visas issued from the Thai Consulate in Brisbane. Purpose of visit: long stay.

I needed to send:

2 application forms

2 passports

2 photos

Copy of flight itinerary (which I had been told need not be a return flight ticket)

1 bank statement from our joint account showing that we had 10000 AUD in the account

Money Order to the value of AUD 225 x 2 = 450

Self Addressed prepaid envelope for return of passports

I posted the items to Brisbane on a Tuesday and they were returned to me in Cairns by the next Tuesday.

Pretty impressive.

The Brisbane Consulate is an excellent place to achieve a Non-O. I have received 2 Non-O's, just abide by their requirements. The first time I applied I did not have that correct documentaiton and a lady from Consulate kindly telephoned me and asked me to correct the application. Where there are diffulict places to apply for an Non-O Brisbane is excellent provided you meet their simple requirements.

Edited by lujanit

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had 2 Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O visas issued from the Thai Consulate in Brisbane. Purpose of visit: long stay.

I needed to send:

1 bank statement from our joint account showing that we had 10000 AUD in the account

Assuming that one visa was for you, for whom was the second visa?