Where To Buy Clones In Bangkok

Bravo Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the Thaniya building attached to the Sala Daeng BTS station. 3rd floor. MacDonald Golf shop. They have a lot of clones there. My friend bought a set of Taylormade clone irons from there. I got a nice driver for about 4500b. I'm not sure on prices for sets but they have a good selection. Good luck. I'm very happy with my TaylorMade clone driver. it hits very nice. Choice of graphite shaft was included.

Check out the Thaniya building attached to the Sala Daeng BTS station. 3rd floor. MacDonald Golf shop. They have a lot of clones there. My friend bought a set of Taylormade clone irons from there. I got a nice driver for about 4500b. I'm not sure on prices for sets but they have a good selection. Good luck. I'm very happy with my TaylorMade clone driver. it hits very nice. Choice of graphite shaft was included.

Thanks Beats I will check it out

Hello all Im looking to buy a set of clones (unsure which ones yet).

I will only be in Bangkok for 2 days in late July.

Any locations in BKK and approx prices would be a great interest to me.

Thanks in advance Mike

Are these like pirate copies? :o

Hello all Im looking to buy a set of clones (unsure which ones yet).

I will only be in Bangkok for 2 days in late July.

Any locations in BKK and approx prices would be a great interest to me.

Thanks in advance Mike

Are these like pirate copies? :o

Actually, clones are made from heads, shafts, and grips bought separately and are not pirate. Usually, put together by an pro golfer in his garage.

Pirate equipment will blatantly try to copy trademark names and logos and construction. Clones only copy the construction.

• 3 weeks later...

actually nearly all the clubs in Thaniya are genuine, not copies.

Huge amounts are brought in second-hand from Japan.

SH Titelist driver = 6000 baht

new = 15000 approx

lots of sets of good clubs 3-SW, for 12 - 20000 baht

bought set of precept irons SH 2 years ago, 15000 baht, they are great, definitely genuine.

but you never see 2 iron in a set and 1 irons have to ordered.

there is another golf shop area near chinatown somewhere, i was told, does anyone know ?

I was told that the clubs that are brought in from China, Taiwan etc. Are in fact second hand. They look brand new because every club has hit 1-2 balls thus deeming them second hand. Your then able to bring them into LOS tax/duty free. So they can then be sold on at Chinese/Taiwan prices.

Does that sound feasible or not? It`s what I was told anyway.

P.S. I was recently in Hua Hin. There were quite a few shops there with good full sets of brand name clubs/bags at around 20,000Bt. I managed to haggle down to 17,500 for Callaway fusions and X-18 irons as a test. but I`ve already got 2 sets of clubs.

Edited by chang35baht

• 1 month later...

i have been to macdonalds before i was impressed with the look of there selection of clone clubs.Was the taylormade driver new or 2nd hand? does it mark on the face after a few hits ? and your friends irons do they mark or are they ok. Also did they club fit you ,if so how much did they charge you per club, cheers

• 1 month later...

Sorry I dont know where to buy cheap golfset in thailand, But I am also looking if I find any I will tell you.

If you find any cheap and good set will be happy if you tould me.

Regard Patrik

actually nearly all the clubs in Thaniya are genuine, not copies.

Huge amounts are brought in second-hand from Japan.

SH Titelist driver = 6000 baht

new = 15000 approx

lots of sets of good clubs 3-SW, for 12 - 20000 baht

bought set of precept irons SH 2 years ago, 15000 baht, they are great, definitely genuine.

but you never see 2 iron in a set and 1 irons have to ordered.

there is another golf shop area near chinatown somewhere, i was told, does anyone know ?