All Food Related, restaurants, reviews, best pizza, Thai food etc...

Seastallion

Depends on how you like your pizza. I'd settle for the offerings at Basil in Hat Yai.

Where's that? I'll give it a go.

Thus far, Pizza Payom is pretty good to my taste; New York crispy base etc, despite one Southern poster's unsatisfactory service there, I like it.

There's a 2nd Pizza Payom too.....about a click from Siam Nakarin. It's near a roundabout near a canal, heading towards Kim Yong from Siam Nakarin through the back streets.

Depends on how you like your pizza. I'd settle for the offerings at Basil in Hat Yai.

Thus far, Pizza Payom is pretty good to my taste; New York crispy base etc, despite one Southern poster's unsatisfactory service there, I like it.

There's a 2nd Pizza Payom too.....about a click from Siam Nakarin. It's near a roundabout near a canal, heading towards Kim Yong from Siam Nakarin through the back streets.

It's on Soi 2 of the Road (Thanon Punnakan) that runs up the side of PSU towards the Exhibition Centre. The appear to have a Facebook thing ... When you turn onto Thanon Punnakan, it's the 2nd Soi on the right. I often eat at Pizza Payom - now I've got them to go easy on the oregano - it's decent enough for what it is and it's handy for me.

• Like 2

Noticed it today. It's at the roundabout behind the JB Hotel. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I'd much rather take the 1 1/2 hour van to Khanom for the Ciao Bella pizza or the Dusty Gecko pizza, than the 3 1/2 hour van to Hat Yai. As consolation, stay in Nakhon; you can find geng som everywhere.

• Like 1

lol .. those are the worst directions ever !!

I saw it the other day, I stumbled into another neat Japanese Kaopan sushi on our side of town, which is probably old news. N07 00.934 E 100 28.565

Take the road opposite Siam Nakarin, follow it round to the right and then turn right - Mr. Steak is on your left, Kaopan Sushi is on your right, on the same block as istudio.

If you retrace your steps, to the last T junction, then turn left instead of right you will see Payom Pizza on your right ( i think, i remember seeing it ) I will go check it out one day ..

I also keep forgetting about Basil .. maybe this weekend.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now if you fancy a decent meal instead of boring pizza.

Go and try an Indian curry on Thung Wua Laen beach Chumphon.

There is a place there called the Curry Shack right on the beach.

It's owned by a British chef who has worked in Indian restaurants.Got to say it's the best Indian food I have had in Thailand.

They do western and Thai food also.

Well worth a visit if you ever that way

post-120222-0-50612200-1422777428_thumb.

• Like 1

lol .. those are the worst directions ever !!

I saw it the other day, I stumbled into another neat Japanese Kaopan sushi on our side of town, which is probably old news. N07 00.934 E 100 28.565

Take the road opposite Siam Nakarin, follow it round to the right and then turn right - Mr. Steak is on your left, Kaopan Sushi is on your right, on the same block as istudio.

If you retrace your steps, to the last T junction, then turn left instead of right you will see Payom Pizza on your right ( i think, i remember seeing it ) I will go check it out one day ..

I also keep forgetting about Basil .. maybe this weekend.

Those are certainly much better directions, lol.

BEST Pizza in Nakhon Si Thammarat or Hat Yai

Please.. please.. suggestions... Cheers.. happy new years.

To be honest, the best pizza in Hat Yai, is the Pizza Company.

Don't know where you call home, but I've lived in New York, Boston, Chicago and the West Coast...and this place does the best pizzas.

Sides suck...but the pizzas are devine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BEST Pizza in Nakhon Si Thammarat or Hat Yai

Please.. please.. suggestions... Cheers.. happy new years.

To be honest, the best pizza in Hat Yai, is the Pizza Company.

Don't know where you call home, but I've lived in New York, Boston, Chicago and the West Coast...and this place does the best pizzas.

Sides suck...but the pizzas are devine.

Pizza Company?

Next time in Hat Yai, I'll give it a try..

SF bay area..

• 1 month later...

In Surat Thani the best restaurant I have found is By Chef, great food and really top service and prices,

Ratbamrung Rd in the city.

Another new one that has opened up near the university is also really great, cheap prices on all the food and drinks, Tam-By, it is fast becoming our regular eating place. Soi Ritthikan, street diagonally opposite the university entrance.

Edited by seajae

There is a little noodle shop right on the corner of Kanchanawanit Rd Soi 2 (look for the yellow shop across the street from Lee Wiwat) that has fantastic tom yum kung, probably the best I have ever tasted.

It is part of the Thanathip Apartment complex.

Very reasonable: 40 baht a bowl.

It's pretty hot in the daytime since it is all glassed in and no air, but definitely worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a nice new restaurant earlier this month on Koh Yor called the Sunset Cafe, run by Englishman John and his wife Wandee.

The place is built out over the water on stilts and is very well appointed, from the decor down to a nice music system.

The extensive menu is both Thai and Western, with pizza, burgers and a lot of other options for people who enjoy western cuisine.

We opted for seafood, ordering pla kapong neung manaow (seabass in lime sauce) and tom yum kung and one seafood pasta dish.

The seafood was super fresh. John has been involved in seabass farming in the area for some time, so the fish are kept in a little pen a short way offshore.

To give some idea of the fish quality it is served boneless by the main chef, who used to work at the Wooden Box.

They have a little outboard motor boat there that they use to get the fish needed and supply delivery service to the many (so-called) homestay establishments a bit further offshore.

For drinks they even have Guiness draft at 100 baht per glass (yes, the brown stuff from Ireland) as well as imported ciders and a high-tech coffee machine.

Our meal, which included two large Leos and a Tiger Beer, came to about 1,400 baht -- quite reasonable given the quality.

This should definitely be a strong option for anyone going on a first date. Nice, chilled atmosphere and gorgeous views over Songkhla Lake.

I think this place is a very nice addition to all the seafood restaurants on Kor Yor and expect it will catch on, since it is the only one offering authenic western-style fare.

To get there, go on route 408 northbound, then get off at the exit across from Koh Yor Public Park. Bear right at the fork, then take your next right along the coast road. It's out over the water and you can't miss it on your left.

The (unofficial) google coordinates are about: 7.179466, 100.541718

post-40708-0-56202000-1434439943_thumb.j

post-40708-0-75139600-1434439976_thumb.j

post-40708-0-18948400-1434440002_thumb.j

• Like 1

To get there, go on route 408 northbound, then get off at the exit across from Koh Yor Public Park. Bear right at the fork, then take your next right along the coast road. It's out over the water and you can't miss it on your left.

The (unofficial) google coordinates are about: 7.179466, 100.541718

Here you go ...

post-145960-0-55868600-1434536147_thumb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went back there (Sunset Cafe, see Post #55) and tried the pizza.

Out of this world. Not only home-made pizza dough but also homemade Italian sausage, 250 baht.

Enough for our party of two: one adult, one child.

Thick crust and huge chunks of sausage with a variety of different Thaibasco sauces and other condiments to flavor it with.

Very highly recommended.

post-40708-0-38992900-1435393829_thumb.j

• Like 2

Speaking of pizza....I was in Makro last week...they had a reduction on nearly out-of-date mozzarella and wxxxxxwurst sausage (forget exactly what it was).

Mozzarella at 99 baht for 1 kilo block! The wursts were 150 baht per kilo. I grabbed 2 kg of cheese and ikg of wurst because I was not sure of what they would be like......I wish I had taken the lot!

Both cheese for pizza and sausages freeze well, so best-before doesn't really matter.

I make my own pizza dough. I didn't know you could buy them frozen?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any one tried samee kitchen ? If you are heading towards hat yai it should be on your right hand side just about 7-8 km before you turn to the first entrance to HY after the floating market ...

• 2 months later...

Really nice restaurant. "Sweet Sawi" at the beach about 15 minutes from Sawi. In on the beach and has both Thai and Farang food. A lovely steak and good prices.

Bring your own booze at present. Lots of good reviews on the food, both Thai and Farnang. English spoken.