Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

What am I supposed to do? Fly somewhere else?

Obviously, yes, that;s what you'll have to do.

Your inane question makes me wonder if your situation is reality.

Did they just deny you for a visa on Arrival, or are you denied any other type of visa as well

Can you read? He/she said they have 24hrs at the airport for transit.

Edited by RandomSand

Understand your frustration. But if you are still at the airport, see if you can have another talk with an Immigration boss, show beforehand tickets, money etc.. I would not mention that you own property.

Denied entry decision can be reversed, it has happened.

As a last resort say that you intend to appeal, their reply could be that you will have to day to be in IDC up to 7 days, if you do that.

Good luck!

• Like 2

No other visa offered. I was told that "I am not tourist". That was the answer repeated over and over.

I was playing with trying to slip a sheeth of thousand baht notes into the passport and handing it back to the immigration officer asking him to look again but with the supervisor present and not looking happy at all I dare not try it.

I think I'm going to book a flight out to PP or Vietnam but am still slightly in shock right now. I need to find out which of my friends are where before I make a decision.

• Like 1

Christ I didn't think me having property would show me to be more than a tourist.

I was contemplating going back and pleading with him saying I need to get my condo etc. That would have been a very stupid move.

Would they threaten me with IDC or just throw me in it? A bit scary if they get wound up and just go for it.

Still weighing up my options and here.

This really has buggered me up. I know I'm still alive and all that but this is shocking.

• Sad 1

What happened to the 'new rules' being applied from 12th August ?

They clearly do as they please, as always.

"They" can be a superior officer or even higher power that ordered: whatever - start now .

• Like 1

Good luck Bald Eagle I'm in a similar situation and flying on Saturday. I work abroad and return for a couple of weeks after 6 weeks away and use the visa exempt stamp (but planning on getting a visa soon) I'm also a condo owner. Hope you work things out!

@ Paz why recommend not being a condo owner??

• Like 2

I'm from the UK but work with loads of american lads hence the moniker.

Trying to muster up what paperwork I have with me to show I work offshore. Yes I agree bribes are bad news but if he asked, well I've got to be honest a long as it's not extortionate I think I'd pay up.

The thing worrying me is his supervisor got involved and seemed to be praising the immigration officer. My thai is really bad so that might not be the case but I was half waiting for some good ol' boy back slapping and laughter as I walked away.

Devastated is not the word right now.

• Like 1

I suppose all one can do is ask when allowed to return next, for a given visa type, and do the best in the meantime. I will consult immigration myself tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If you own a condo AND a car in a country, YOU ARE NOT A TOURIST. You are a part time resident.

Yes very true. But as an under 50 year old, not married, without the means to buy the elite card or invest 10 million baht what do you suggest?

I have looked into this problem many times and the fact I exit the country so frequently a lot of the normal visa's become defunct for me.

I don't know if I have the balls to go back and appeal my case. I'm going to collect myself and go through my documents once more.

• Like 1

If you own a condo AND a car in a country, YOU ARE NOT A TOURIST. You are a part time resident.

Yes very true. But as an under 50 year old, not married, without the means to buy the elite card or invest 10 million baht what do you suggest?

I have looked into this problem many times and the fact I exit the country so frequently a lot of the normal visa's become defunct for me.

I don't know if I have the balls to go back and appeal my case. I'm going to collect myself and go through my documents once more.

I was not trying to be mean. Just stating the obvious and yes Thailand does not want you. Get a new passport maybe? Return and sell all. Start going to another country that is more welcoming.

Christ I didn't think me having property would show me to be more than a tourist.

I was contemplating going back and pleading with him saying I need to get my condo etc. That would have been a very stupid move.

Would they threaten me with IDC or just throw me in it? A bit scary if they get wound up and just go for it.

Still weighing up my options and here.

This really has buggered me up. I know I'm still alive and all that but this is shocking.

If you really appeal to the Ministry, the only place they can hold you is IDC. Personally would not subject myself to the misery, just to take chances on something that can be tackled a different way.

Next choice is that you fly to a more friendly nearby country e.g. Malaysia and organize yourself to protect your assets. If no nasty stamps on your passport you could even just get a tourist visa and re-enter via land.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2

It may be possible for you to go to Vientiane, Laos, get a tourist visa and come into Thailand, then you can fly or take a bus to Chiang Mai and sort out your car and property. This would take 2 or 3 days to do.

Edited by proovms
  • Thanks 1

It may be possible for you to go to Vientiane, Laos, get a tourist visa and come into Thailand, then you can fly or take a bus to Chiang Mai and sort out your car and property. This would take 2 or 3 days to complete.

That is the best advice IMO. You apparently can still enter by air on a tourist visa until the 12th.

I hope you can sell all in a few weeks.

• Like 1