Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

A thread going for 6 hours with 170 posts in the visa forum, with an OP in the airport but online continuously for 6 hours, and not a single reply from a visa mod yet.

Hmmmm.

Well, he did claim they gave him 12 hours to get out of the country, but I take your point - I'm just not quite sure how you book a flight airside at Swampy but I seem to recall someone here saying they've done so. My eyes just glaze over from the instant I get through Customs until I climb off the plane back in Oz,

Since our OP is monitoring this thread closely perhaps he would like to silence the nay-sayers by proving he's stuck airside at Swampy.

A photo of the departures or arrivals board/screen showing today's date would do the trick smile.png

m8 last thing id be doing at this time of day is justifying myself here with pics. Id already be gone on the first decent option i had and get back to R&R

Why dont you buy it ? they are already enforcing things in advance at borders and turning people away, no Aug 12 deadline this is July.

Have you been here when they do crackdowns before ? do you realise immigration routinely interpret their own version of rules at different borders ? or even issue different visas or restrict them at different Thai embassy's and consuls worldwide ?

There is absolutely no consistency or hard and solid rule observed and never has been thats why its always a mess on updates, some borders are more notorious than others depending on the type of jobs worths running them and i can absolutely guarantee there will be all kinds of reports from all kinds of people, some deserving and others not as we go on.

oil and gas workers are very much in and out stampers. They havnt been doing anything wrong as the system has been allowing it. why pay for a month visa when you get one free at entry and your gone again by the time its up ? theres no law against it and no ones told them "hey this is the last one things have changed" just go away and unlucky with your flight or whatever you left in country.

You can choose to believe the guy or not, in all my years here I have seen all manner of unbelievable situations happen to all manner of people.

There are going to be literally hundreds if not more families going through hell in the next few weeks/months and the real appalling thing is there are NO clear defined rules... just an interpretation of whos an acceptable tourist and who they decide isnt... given TIT I can very well believe the guy, hes a perfect candidate with loads of previous stamps to target... prob is its not aug 12 yet they could have given him an in with a red stamp and a warning.

I know an old guy whos due out on the 14th aug ... 80 years old comes with a m8 for 4 weeks every 3 - 6 months goes to samui and relaxes on a beach... like clockwork .. has a condo he rents out to other friends on hols when not in country ... As he says its made him feel alive again in the twiight of his years and why not ? hes worked all his life kids grown and flown wife long dead, and Thailand said come here and relax we welcome OAP and retirees on holiday.... Amazing Thailand LOS. I have had to tell him the current score and he is panicking like crazy has about 20 or so stamps from air arrival and having been advised by the thai consul here he never need worry about a visa on a short break he cant understand what hes been doing wrong.. the answer is hes not done anything wrong. did he and no doubt scores of others do but follow the guidelines and be welcomed to Thailand... ? chances are what for him getting in... 10% ? 90% and to find out hes gonna have to spend an air ticket ? no guarantee another type of visa will get him in with that amount of stamps either its a lottery and ... its ridiculous. His parting words were, stuff it, the Thai embassy that gave him the original advice and the country ill take my money and relax elsewhere.

Well he and his 2 - 3k £ he spends every few months will be doing exactly that. He has another pad in Bali hes been renting and hasnt used for years and he will go there. The driver he has every time hes in LOS will not get his work for 4 mths a year, his thai maid that looks after the tourist renters will lose her job and all his fav places he drops most of his cash will not see a bean, he will either rent out his samui condo or sell it and take his money elsewhere. He isnt the only one, there must be a good dozen or so of his m8s and family who wont touch Thailand once hes told them how things are with the tourist visa thing. So thats now a good amount of regular chump change gone.... and thats just one old boy doing nothing but enjoying his last years in what he thought was a tourist friendly country, there will be thousands more like him and hundreds of thousands more in other circumstances who could pay through the nose for visas but have other options and destinations and will use them. And they all know people they will tell ;)

its not like Thailand has been big on spending bucks on maintaining the beauty of the place or amenities and there are places that will be only too happy to say hello and welcome and also step up when they start to arrive in numbers.

Now you might be asking me to prove it but that is a simple example of the kind of people who are being told now .. your not a tourist, go away... they will and so will all the income with it and they will talk about it ... personally I find it so short sighted and ridiculous I suspect its a bit of Thai international lost face lately with all the press and being nastily clawed back at the expense of foreigners in general by some little hitler trying to make a name for himself.

l hope it hits the media and threatens to ruin the Thai tourist industry, visitor numbers totally and the surrounding countries capitalise on it. Maybe then the people will do something about these muppets in their ivory towers that are responsible.

Used to be such a good country too, ahh well theres always other places to spend the hard earned cash right ?

• Like 2

I believe this whole thread is a windup. The OP is a new account.

There is another poster who is linking this thread to his claiming you might lose your home and that bank runs have started.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743443-will-you-lose-your-condo-or-car/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743440-bank-runs-in-bangkok-samui-pattaya-and-phuket/#entry8110695

Thanks for sharing -- that other poster is new too and started 4 topics today on this same subject.

Really would be good for the Mods to look into this if there is a concern about creating false fear among its users.

And went buy coincidence offline 10 minutes apart from the OP smile.png 7.37 and 7.47

• Like 1

Since our OP is monitoring this thread closely perhaps he would like to silence the nay-sayers by proving he's stuck airside at Swampy.

A photo of the departures or arrivals board/screen showing today's date would do the trick smile.png

m8 last thing id be doing at this time of day is justifying myself here with pics. Id already be gone on the first decent option i had and get back to R&R

Why dont you buy it ? they are already enforcing things in advance at borders and turning people away, no Aug 12 deadline this is July.

Have you been here when they do crackdowns before ? do you realise immigration routinely interpret their own version of rules at different borders ? or even issue different visas or restrict them at different Thai embassy's and consuls worldwide ?

There is absolutely no consistency or hard and solid rule observed and never has been thats why its always a mess on updates, some borders are more notorious than others depending on the type of jobs worths running them and i can absolutely guarantee there will be all kinds of reports from all kinds of people, some deserving and others not as we go on.

oil and gas workers are very much in and out stampers. They havnt been doing anything wrong as the system has been allowing it. why pay for a month visa when you get one free at entry and your gone again by the time its up ? theres no law against it and no ones told them "hey this is the last one things have changed" just go away and unlucky with your flight or whatever you left in country.

You can choose to believe the guy or not, in all my years here I have seen all manner of unbelievable situations happen to all manner of people.

There are going to be literally hundreds if not more families going through hell in the next few weeks/months and the real appalling thing is there are NO clear defined rules... just an interpretation of whos an acceptable tourist and who they decide isnt... given TIT I can very well believe the guy, hes a perfect candidate with loads of previous stamps to target... prob is its not aug 12 yet they could have given him an in with a red stamp and a warning.

I know an old guy whos due out on the 14th aug ... 80 years old comes with a m8 for 4 weeks every 3 - 6 months goes to samui and relaxes on a beach... like clockwork .. has a condo he rents out to other friends on hols when not in country ... As he says its made him feel alive again in the twiight of his years and why not ? hes worked all his life kids grown and flown wife long dead, and Thailand said come here and relax we welcome OAP and retirees on holiday.... Amazing Thailand LOS. I have had to tell him the current score and he is panicking like crazy has about 20 or so stamps from air arrival and having been advised by the thai consul here he never need worry about a visa on a short break he cant understand what hes been doing wrong.. the answer is hes not done anything wrong. did he and no doubt scores of others do but follow the guidelines and be welcomed to Thailand... ? chances are what for him getting in... 10% ? 90% and to find out hes gonna have to spend an air ticket ? no guarantee another type of visa will get him in with that amount of stamps either its a lottery and ... its ridiculous. His parting words were, stuff it, the Thai embassy that gave him the original advice and the country ill take my money and relax elsewhere.

Well he and his 2 - 3k £ he spends every few months will be doing exactly that. He has another pad in Bali hes been renting and hasnt used for years and he will go there. The driver he has every time hes in LOS will not get his work for 4 mths a year, his thai maid that looks after the tourist renters will lose her job and all his fav places he drops most of his cash will not see a bean, he will either rent out his samui condo or sell it and take his money elsewhere. He isnt the only one, there must be a good dozen or so of his m8s and family who wont touch Thailand once hes told them how things are with the tourist visa thing. So thats now a good amount of regular chump change gone.... and thats just one old boy doing nothing but enjoying his last years in what he thought was a tourist friendly country, there will be thousands more like him and hundreds of thousands more in other circumstances who could pay through the nose for visas but have other options and destinations and will use them. And they all know people they will tell wink.png

its not like Thailand has been big on spending bucks on maintaining the beauty of the place or amenities and there are places that will be only too happy to say hello and welcome and also step up when they start to arrive in numbers.

Now you might be asking me to prove it but that is a simple example of the kind of people who are being told now .. your not a tourist, go away... they will and so will all the income with it and they will talk about it ... personally I find it so short sighted and ridiculous I suspect its a bit of Thai international lost face lately with all the press and being nastily clawed back at the expense of foreigners in general by some little hitler trying to make a name for himself.

l hope it hits the media and threatens to ruin the Thai tourist industry, visitor numbers totally and the surrounding countries capitalise on it. Maybe then the people will do something about these muppets in their ivory towers that are responsible.

Used to be such a good country too, ahh well theres always other places to spend the hard earned cash right ?

are you the OP?

This has shit me up. I fly back to work offshore in Kazakstan on Sunday for 28 days. My passport is full of Thai stamps. Not visas. I just come in for the 28 days with the stamp,in the passport. But I do have 4 or 5 Cambodian visas when I did the visa run when I had to stay a few weeks extra. I do have a 6 year old daughter with my Thai Mrs (not married but live together) we have just got my mrs her UK tourist visa and my daughter has both Thai And UK,passport.

I don't own a thing in Thailand. Her name is on the house lease.

<deleted>

Get a new passport.

Where, from a vending machine at the arrival's lounge at the airport?