Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

It may be possible for you to go to Vientiane, Laos, get a tourist visa and come into Thailand, then you can fly or take a bus to Chiang Mai and sort out your car and property. This would take 2 or 3 days to do.

He could do that this time around but why would he bother since the same thing could happen next time? Unless there is a review of the new rules, the guy has to sell his condo (into a worse market no doubt) Just a very sad situation.

Good luck Bald Eagle. We are all learning from your unfortunate experience.

• Like 2

Understand your frustration. But if you are still at the airport, see if you can have another talk with an Immigration boss, show beforehand tickets, money etc.. I would not mention that you own property.

Denied entry decision can be reversed, it has happened.

As a last resort say that you intend to appeal, their reply could be that you will have to day to be in IDC up to 7 days, if you do that.

Good luck!

One thing that was clearly stated was that there will be no appeals process.

• Sad 1

Well, technically if one owns a condo and owns a car in Thailand, it is getting a bit harder to call the man a Tourist. It can easily be interpreted that he is clearly working off shore and then coming back and living in Thailand. One could argue he really lives in the UK or some other country and maintains his permanent residence there, and just visits Thailand often and decided to buy property in Thailand for convenience. To assert that you are a tourist and you really do permanently live in the UK, do you ahve a proprty deed, apartment lease, permanent legal residence, etc, back in the UK? Do you have any proof or evidence that you ever returned to your permanent residence?

It seems this junta or some people are trying to promulgate that they don't want people hanging their hats in Thailand casually.

Bald Eagle are you an Australian? I have a friend texting me with the same problem, is anyone else with you?

australian and british earn in 1 week same many thais earn in few months and are the target of this anti illegal work battle

tell him to contact the embassy everyone should contact his/her embassy

1 or 2 people can not get much help but soon or later 100 or 200 will make noise

Understand your frustration. But if you are still at the airport, see if you can have another talk with an Immigration boss, show beforehand tickets, money etc.. I would not mention that you own property.

Denied entry decision can be reversed, it has happened.

As a last resort say that you intend to appeal, their reply could be that you will have to day to be in IDC up to 7 days, if you do that.

Good luck!

One thing that was clearly stated was that there will be no appeals process.

I think you are referring to mandatory ban for overstays, that is NOT the OP situation. Or cite source.

Denied entry always had an appeal process.

• Like 2

Bald Eagle - did you have a flight booked out within 30 days? If so would booking a flight out within a few weeks help?

"I had the money and the flight ticket leaving in 28 days.."

• Like 1

i suggest to who started this thread and everyone in his/her condition to contact the embassy

this is clearly an abuse

In theory you are right. In practice, consulates have a track record of being useless in almost any situation. One has to live with the fact and correct expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has shit me up. I fly back to work offshore in Kazakstan on Sunday for 28 days. My passport is full of Thai stamps. Not visas. I just come in for the 28 days with the stamp,in the passport. But I do have 4 or 5 Cambodian visas when I did the visa run when I had to stay a few weeks extra. I do have a 6 year old daughter with my Thai Mrs (not married but live together) we have just got my mrs her UK tourist visa and my daughter has both Thai And UK,passport.

I don't own a thing in Thailand. Her name is on the house lease.

<deleted>

Get a new passport.

i suggest to who started this thread and everyone in his/her condition to contact the embassy

this is clearly an abuse

In theory you are right. In practice, consulates have a track record of being useless in almost any situation. One has to live with the fact and correct expectations.

assuming this british guy and the australian in the same condition mentioned above are just the beginning of a long list(200 300 500 who knows),i guess a sos made by so many will not be useless

• Sad 1

Did they just deny you for a visa on Arrival, or are you denied any other type of visa as well?

For Westerners, there no "Visa on arrival", just visa exempt entry.

Not having a visa, nothing else can be done.

Thats what I meant to type...thanks.

But my second question was still valid? Why can't the OP fly out of Thailand and apply for a Visa more appropriate to his circumstance?

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Fly into Phnom Penh or Vientiane and try a land crossing.

I think he will still be turned away.

He needs to go and get a tourist visa AND FLY back in before the new rules start in August.

I would also recommend going anywhere to get that visa other than Cambodia. PP loves to deny visas and drag their feet.

• Like 1

This has shit me up. I fly back to work offshore in Kazakstan on Sunday for 28 days. My passport is full of Thai stamps. Not visas. I just come in for the 28 days with the stamp,in the passport. But I do have 4 or 5 Cambodian visas when I did the visa run when I had to stay a few weeks extra. I do have a 6 year old daughter with my Thai Mrs (not married but live together) we have just got my mrs her UK tourist visa and my daughter has both Thai And UK,passport.

Get a new passport.

I'm getting a second one. I think my next 28 off will be at home in Scotland

Now. Where can I get my daughter birth cert translated officially in Pattaya before Saturday?

Get a new passport.

Now. Where can I get my daughter birth cert translated officially in Pattaya before Saturday?

Ask in the Pattaya forum.

I feel for you all in this situation. Thailand continues to shoot itself in the foot. Most countries would love all that oil and gas cash. Bonkers!

• Like 2

Fly into Phnom Penh or Vientiane and try a land crossing.

I think he will still be turned away.

He needs to go and get a tourist visa AND FLY back in before the new rules start in August.

Fly or land, from the reports coming in, as of today there is no difference. Evidently someone thought that "12th July or August same same".

The new rules "to prevent abuse" are being applied already, only detail is that Immigration is abusing their power.

However there is nothing in the "new rules" that prevents Tourist visa.

• Like 1

Get a new passport.

Ask in the Pattaya forum.

I feel for you all in this situation. Thailand continues to shoot itself in the foot. Most countries would love all that oil and gas cash. Bonkers!

Thanks

Get a new passport.

PM me I'll let you know who I used for all my translating for my kids passport
  • Like 2

sorry to hear about your problem.

If i was in your shoes:

I will fly to Sieam Reap

Try for the next few days to forget everything and try to relax.

Then give a visit to your embassy, and put pressure on them!

In one or two month, come back and maybe time to pack....

Apparently the junta does have some issues with foreigns country. And so in retaliation they choose to make the life of westerner miserable.

• Like 1

I have a passport full of visa exempt/on arrival stamps and now working offshore only 2 weeks on/ out of Thailand and 24 days stay,,,,,,fly in next Thursday ,I do not want to get in to trouble at the airport (SV) should I cancel and fly elswhere ?