Prajin not certain whether Yingluck can leave Thailand

webfact

The habit of criminalizing politics in Thailand is one of its least attractive characteristics. Yingluck might have been negligent of incompetent in her oversight of the rice scheme but I am very doubtful that she engaged in criminal activity.

I wouldn't worry about whether she has financial resources outside the country. I would e stunned if that hadn't been provided for long ago even before she was made PM.

I think the NCPO would really refer her to be outside the country. When the last junta ket Taksin go to the Beijing Olympics, do you think they expected him to return?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that her and quite a few of her ministers were not allowed to leave the country until this rice thing was investigated and their bank accounts were frozen. I was also under the impression there were other government schemes under investigation to see where all the missing moneys went to.

She and those other ministers should not be allowed to leave until they can justify their finances from when they went into office.

This happens so frequently in Thailand, because proper procedures have never been established. The NACC has essentially recommended that the prosecutor's office bring criminal charges against Yingluck for malfeasance in the rice scheme. However, until those charges are brought, and Yingluck is arraigned by the criminal court, she is not under the court's jurisdiction. Once she enters a plea to the criminal charges, and, wants to be released (OR), the court imposes the conditions of bail, which could mean a prohibition against leaving the country. Such a simple procedure, yet, so mucked up by the well-intentioned legislators who set up the NACC. They never considered the fact that the prosecutor has discretion to bring charges and that the process could take several months, depending on . . . politics. Regrettably, in this case, until the prosecutor makes a decision to bring charges, I think it would be unfair to withdraw the approval for Yingluck to leave the country with her son.

It's unfair to think there exist a justice under a dictator ship every thing they do now is out of any laws

I don't care about her but those circumstances are not justice

Zaphod Reborn doesn't understand Thailand. The ruling elite essentially have an unwritten agreement: I won't put you in jail when I'm in power, if you don't put me in jail when you're in power. Thaksin was allowed to leave and take a lot of assets with him before the 2006 coup. Yingluck may get the same treatment; however, this coup is quite different, so it is uncertain. But I don't think you'll see her in jail. I could be wrong, but it would be a first.

• Like 1

I think that by now, many people want to see a Thaksin person sitting in jail, I also think that the

Thai people, well big chunk of them, deserve to see a Thaksin's related person get, at long last,

what they deserve...

Agreed. Locking her up and throwing away the key is the very least she deserves.

Let her leave with a one way ticket then seize her bank accounts and assets. Maybe the farmers finally can get payed what the government owe them..

They say it's many big shopping centers in Dubai, no need to go all the way to Europe.

Edited by bander
  • Like 1

Don't think to lightly about not being able to return to your beloved country.

Psychologically it just may kill you.

Is there any restaurant in Paris or Dubai where you can get a good crab Somtam?

I'm not passing any opinion on what will happen. Too many wild cards in the game now. Like to see at least one or two shins do time though. There is still one or two at least in Chiangmai, including females other than her, on real slippery ground, but she has been lynch pin on this whole deal and implemented his every wish. She deserves jail time if the projected prosecutions against her find her guilty. Will she get away, and if so, return or stay away?. Toss a coin.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Let her go but with all her assets frozen and in bond. A cool 200 000 should cover her expenses, that's all she needs.

200,000 baht?

She wouldn't get far on this lot... http://us.burberry.com/womens-boots/ giggle.gif

In sure her brother could lend her a few baht don't you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

perhaps the remotest of all possibilities exists and somewhere an account exists made possible by "rice pledging" monies disappeared and perhaps she has access to it??? only conjecture

• Like 2

Let her go but with all her assets frozen and in bond. A cool 200 000 should cover her expenses, that's all she needs.

A coif, nails, whitening cream, and most of the Bt.200k would be gone.

Note; a million baht in 1,000 baht notes (Thailand's largest denomination) makes a cube; 6" x 5" x 4"

One can easily fit 1.5M Baht in a laptop case, with laptop and charger inside.... I know... I've done it.

Ssssssss.... thats the only place my wife did not search for my money.... yet...

What a spoil... i hope she doesnt read thaivisa forum...

This happens so frequently in Thailand, because proper procedures have never been established. The NACC has essentially recommended that the prosecutor's office bring criminal charges against Yingluck for malfeasance in the rice scheme. However, until those charges are brought, and Yingluck is arraigned by the criminal court, she is not under the court's jurisdiction. Once she enters a plea to the criminal charges, and, wants to be released (OR), the court imposes the conditions of bail, which could mean a prohibition against leaving the country. Such a simple procedure, yet, so mucked up by the well-intentioned legislators who set up the NACC. They never considered the fact that the prosecutor has discretion to bring charges and that the process could take several months, depending on . . . politics. Regrettably, in this case, until the prosecutor makes a decision to bring charges, I think it would be unfair to withdraw the approval for Yingluck to leave the country with her son.

If they did not restrict her travel, she would be in Dubai faster than you can say, "Rice Scheme". The NCAA changed the nature of the previous game and game board, which I'd say was their intent. Perhaps actually holding people responsible for their actions v.s. allowing them to flee the country is part of the plan. She should have her day in court, but until then, she is obviously perceived as a flight risk. She' free to move around the country. It could be worse.

Edited by connda

200,000 baht?

She wouldn't get far on this lot... http://us.burberry.com/womens-boots/ giggle.gif

In sure her brother could lend her a few baht don't you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No.

Rich people don't lend money.

It's called greed and it's ugly sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Note; a million baht in 1,000 baht notes (Thailand's largest denomination) makes a cube; 6" x 5" x 4"

One can easily fit 1.5M Baht in a laptop case, with laptop and charger inside.... I know... I've done it.

Hope you never try again whistling.gif

jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif Yeah, right.

If she goes on Sunday, she can stay away for 10 years and come back free.

Anyway, 200K she will spend inthe duty free lounge in a minute.

I don't think she will need to worry about money outside of Thailand. i am sure she has at least 10 Bn in offshore accounts and that is at the very smallest.

She is a major player in this scam and she will have made sure she has gotten her fair share.

Exactly. Let her go after the trial and before sentencing. Then she can be sentenced in absentia and there will be no statute of limitations if guilty. Ms Yingluck and the Thai people deserve a trial, with all evidence presented, to show the extent of her guilt or innocence. There's a ton of ill-gotten gains waiting for her in off-shore accounts (my supposition), so I won't feel too bad for her in her self-exile.

• Like 1

this girl giggle.gif is from the chinawatra milionair clan , they rob their own country to make them rich,... to be somebody ...but are they really bah.gif ? ? ?

to bother her, beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu until she get judge and sentenced guilty....because she is guilty, everybody knows, .like her brother.. the temporary government should prohibit her to do go abroad and perhaps do what her brother did, being involved in a massive coruption matter and be after all free like a bird.

i dont think she will come back to go to prison, nobody does!

giving her freedom to go and make again a strategic plan with her milionair brother to get out of her critic situation, i think it is wrong......democracy as limits and for these people i would apply dictator ways without rencor.....they deserve it.

coffee1.gif

I do not think that would concern her. Look at the value that Thaksin's cash assets have increased by. These criminals would have learnt with all the criminal cases and investigations that they had against them prior to Pheau Thai that you keep your cash and assets separate for declaration and the corruption money creamed off is fed into overseas accounts.

• Like 1

Bad girl!

Kitty better stay in Thailand to face the consequences and easier to make the local bank transfers now rather than the difficulties encountered being offshore. Next time when the s*** hits the fan have the private jet fueled up and ready to go to LHR BEFORE these complications begin the transpire.