A call for help for a temple dog from the Dog and Cat rescue

webfact

A call for help for a temple dog from the Dog and Cat rescue

temple-dog-1-300x213.jpg
Clearly a new wheel chair is needed

KOH SAMUI: -- Today I would like to ask for your support to help a paralyzed dog at the Plai Laem Temple. She was abandoned at the temple when she was only four weeks old and since that time has been raised by the monks. The dog, named Maa, was sleeping under a car, unbeknown to the owner who drove over her breaking her backbone, which means she can no longer use her legs.

The monks are very attached to Maa and decided to take care of her even though she is paralyzed. Maa is no longer able to control her bladder and intestine and it has to be constantly cleaned after her. Due to the fact the monks live only from Charity they have asked for our help.

We have searched the internet and found out that the wheel chair for her size would cost about 300 Euro. Since the transport to Thailand is very expensive w have decided to have one make for her.

However sadly, due to the lack of tourists our financial situation is not very good right now and therefore we greatly appreciate every little help towards a wheelchair and diapers for Maa.

Of course a huge amount of diapers and towels will be necessary and are also very expensive.
Thank you very much for your support.
Thank you very much and many greetings
Brigitte and the Dog Rescue Team

112/35 Moo 6 Bophut
Koh Samui, 84320 Suratthani
Tel: 077 413 490
Mobile: 081 893 94 43
E-mail: [email protected]

stimes.jpg 
-- Samui Times 2014-07-14

Ask the flashy monk jet setter with the expensive stable of sports cars to give a few bucks to help the monks with their soi dog that can not walk without assistance and defecates on herself...

• Like 1

Don't want to be looked at as an A..Hole, but as an animal lover, mostly cats and dogs, there is a limit IMO.

That limit has been reached with this poor dog, IMO.

Sometimes hard choices need to be made and you should put her to sleep.

AirHole, AimHole, AlaHole.... I suck at wordgames!

Doglover myself but fully agree with you! sorry.gif 

You simply cannot write this stuff!

As people have rights to express their love for animals, and anthropomorphically nauseate most with what they think the animal is thinking, then I guess I have the same right to anthropomorphize the dogs thoughts and suggest that maybe... just maybe, if the dog could speak english, ...she would be saying (in the voice of Sam Kineson) "KILL ME YOU B@STARDS! STOP FEEDING ME AND JUST KILL ME! I NEVER WANTED THE D@MN WHEELCHAIR. I"M TIRED OF PISSING ON MYSELF... WOULD SOMEONE JUST PLEASE KILLLLLL MEEEEEEE..... AHH AHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

• Like 2

As people have rights to express their love for animals, and anthropomorphically nauseate most with what they think the animal is thinking, then I guess I have the same right to anthropomorphize the dogs thoughts and suggest that maybe... just maybe, if the dog could speak english, ...she would be saying (in the voice of Sam Kineson) "KILL ME YOU B@STARDS! STOP FEEDING ME AND JUST KILL ME! I NEVER WANTED THE D@MN WHEELCHAIR. I"M TIRED OF PISSING ON MYSELF... WOULD SOMEONE JUST PLEASE KILLLLLL MEEEEEEE..... AHH AHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Very excellently worded.....of course.....many people will be offended....they are ignorant.  As you said....they always believe they know what an animal thinks....this is part of the ignorant lives they live.  And of course when someone post a view contrary to their own....then they call you a troll or worse.  And if you are a troll....well....there are other undesirable events to follow.  I commend you on your response and wish you good luck.....I hope your response does not draw the attacks that commonly follow this type of response.  I think the dog would prefer not to live as well.  Put him down....it is more human to end suffering than to support it in some dreamed up fantasy that some animal lovers tend to have. Edited by PoorSucker
Fixed quote

Don't want to be looked at as an A..Hole, but as an animal lover, mostly cats and dogs, there is a limit IMO.

That limit has been reached with this poor dog, IMO.

Sometimes hard choices need to be made and you should put her to sleep.

I fully agree with you. Instead of investing in a hopeless case its better to give a healthy puppy a chance.

Every day I could kill or injure dogs that just lie down in the street as if there were no cars or bikes.

A Thai family in my neighbourhood has seventy, yes 70 ! dogs to care for. At least half of them are handicapped in one way or another.

There is a resort right next to them. 70 dogs are not always quiet, they are barking a lot and the smell is terrible.

Pity for the clueless guest who check in the resort next door.

I'll be calling to make a donation.

To the previous negative posters - it's called 'compassion' - try it yourselves someday.

If you don't agree with the OP then don't post - those of us making a contribution don't care what you think.  wai2.gif

I just went to the WC and made a huge donation to the "don't care what you think" organization.

Do you realize how stupid you sound, by caring enough to tell me what you think about what I think?

Uhhh... erm.... thanks for the reminder, woof! woof! No wonder these poor animals suffer. Nature created natural selection and humans come along and dam up the flow of things.

• Like 1

I'll be calling to make a donation.

To the previous negative posters - it's called 'compassion' - try it yourselves someday.

If you don't agree with the OP then don't post - those of us making a contribution don't care what you think.  wai2.gif

The COMPASSIONATE thing to do marty is to put the dog out of its misery. Making a donation isn't going to make this dogs life any better it is just prolonging the agony. 

And I have had dogs since I was a boy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very excellently worded.....of course.....many people will be offended....they are ignorant.  As you said....they always believe they know what an animal thinks....this is part of the ignorant lives they live.  And of course when someone post a view contrary to their own....then they call you a troll or worse.  And if you are a troll....well....there are other undesirable events to follow.  I commend you on your response and wish you good luck.....I hope your response does not draw the attacks that commonly follow this type of response.  I think the dog would prefer not to live as well.  Put him down....it is more human to end suffering than to support it in some dreamed up fantasy that some animal lovers tend to have.

Just today, I drove with the car, in a small Soi in Sawang Den Din in Sakhon Nakhon province and I saw a dog who could not use his hind legs, also once he managed to get them up and made a short jump.

I stopped and looked from the car, he seemed well fed and dragged his body and his hind legs over the concrete.

Seems, his accident-I presume, was long ago, he had a alert look in his eyes and seemed not to be apprehensive with his situation.

Maybe he has a owner in the Soi, or people give him regular food, he looked ok.

From now on, I will have some food in my car, when I come to Sawang Den Din and will feed him that.

Possibly, I find out what happened and how he survives.

I was really impressed how, interested, lively and observant he looked.

Surely he would be sorry, if somebody would come to kill him = help him?bah.gif

Wrong for that fella, as I saw and felt it.rolleyes.gif

A Thai family with whom I lived long had a French bulldog which when older suffered from paralyzed hind legs, they had a smooth concrete floor around the house and the dog lived, dragging himself around for nearly 3 years.

When I visited later, I saw a otherwise healthy happy dog and nobody thought of killing him.

There was no misery! 

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

Anyone ever wonder what the poor dog might want. Really it.s a waste of money, I love animals but there comes to a limit to what I would be willing to do to keep a dog alive. Doesn't anyone in this country have common sense.