Travel to accompany boyfriend

Hi there! I am UK citizen and my boyfriend just got job in Thailand and we want to travel and stay in Thailand for the term of his contract together.. I really do not know the visa situation for this case, had a look at the travel websites, but nothing really looks like my situation..

pease advise if anyone knows what steps should we take from very beginning?

thanking you in advance,

Anya

What visa did your boyfriend got? Propably a NON-B.

If the consular section was nice with him he would have that.

Ask for a NON-O (as a dependent) valid for 3 months. If they refuse that, you have to stick with "TR", that means "tourist visa" and that visa covers you 60 days plus a 30 days entension possible.

Both of you should INSTEAD apply at the Thai Consulate in Hull, UK, who are farang friendly. Search this forum for "Hull" and you both will obtain a One Year Multiple Entry Visa (border run every 90 days required to keep it alive). Hull will give him a one year "B" and a one year "O" for you.

BTW: Don't go overstay!

thank you very much - very usefull info!  the only thing is - my personality will not let me be without job for long... should I mention at the application time that I may be trying to get a job while in Thailand? :o

If you are applying for a NON-B visa you are "planning to apply for work permit and subsequense work".

NON-O holders are not allowed to work at all )dependance visa). Illegal to even think about working. Period. You might want to ask the Thai Consul for a NON-B visa instead, here is an example letter:

http://www.thaivisa.com/332.0.html

In the same section of the thaivisa.com website (left side) you can read more about why you should have a NON-visa instead of a TR visa.

Come back here if you have any questions!

Cheers to you both!