New Vigo 2015

stament

I've read a few threads on here and seen some images on the web regarding the 2015 Vigo and have a few questions:

1/ When is it due for release?

2/ In light of above how much are Toyota typically discounting off the Vigo now to clear stock - ballpark %s

3/ What's the best discount I can expect to receive now on a new 4x4 4 Door Champ?

4/ How much can we expect the current model Vigo to depreciate by once they release the new 2015 Vigo?

Thanks again motorheads

Whow there give people time to wake up.laugh.png

1. Don't know ask your nearest Toyota dealer.

2. Depends what dealers have left in stock, go to more than one to find out.

3. Depends on availabilly and as 2.

4. Difficult to answer look at car add site to get an idea.

All secondhand asking prices are silly IMO something like a 100,000 on same year models.

At the time to sell it ends up with whether your happy with any of the offers to sell, it seems to me as you would expect that all models lose the most here at the time of driving out the showroom.

End of 2014. But they have said that before. Expect 1st Q 2015.

2/ In light of above how much are Toyota typically discounting off the Vigo now to clear stock - ballpark %s

% is not relevant. The discount is generally the same regardless of the price of the truck -- expect free 1st class insurance and about B40,000 (maybe B50,000 if you're very lucky). Thais will be motivated by availability/no waiting time and a relatively small cash discount, so you shouldn't expect much more.

3/ What's the best discount I can expect to receive now on a new 4x4 4 Door Champ?

Free insurance plus a B40,000 (B50,000 if your lucky and shop around) cash discount, and a few freebies, such as bed liner, floor mats, rain guards, license plate frame, etc.

4/ How much can we expect the current model Vigo to depreciate by once they release the new 2015 Vigo?

Comparing new to new, the out-of-date model will drop in value approximately 10% when the new model is available, but a portion of that is already reflected in the price of the current model -- free insurance plus a B40,000 discount. You won't get either of those on the new Vigo when it first comes out. Second hand 2014 model Vigos will probably lose an additional 5+% of their value due to the new model being available (a 6 month old Vigo that you paid B800,000 is probably worth B725,000; expect that to fall to B695,000 when the new Vigo is out, depending on how big the change to the new model is and how much it is liked by Thais in relation to the old model), I do not think that the effect is as great on trucks as it is on cars, but I have not looked at this carefully.

From your earlier posts, you said that you had decided on the industrial Isuzu, so what's the concern about prices for the Vigo?

Just thought you guys on here who seem to know everything would be able to give some insight.

Guess I was wrong, now worries

Thats not nice is it. You want help and slag off.............Hmmmmmm...coffee1.gif

I was responding to the only post received so didn't feel the need to quote, it wasn't aimed at anyone else. Apologies if other people took offence.

% is not relevant. The discount is generally the same regardless of the price of the truck -- expect free 1st class insurance and about B40,000 (maybe B50,000 if you're very lucky). Thais will be motivated by availability/no waiting time and a relatively small cash discount, so you shouldn't expect much more.

Free insurance plus a B40,000 (B50,000 if your lucky and shop around) cash discount, and a few freebies, such as bed liner, floor mats, rain guards, license plate frame, etc.

Comparing new to new, the out-of-date model will drop in value approximately 10% when the new model is available, but a portion of that is already reflected in the price of the current model -- free insurance plus a B40,000 discount. You won't get either of those on the new Vigo when it first comes out. Second hand 2014 model Vigos will probably lose an additional 5+% of their value due to the new model being available (a 6 month old Vigo that you paid B800,000 is probably worth B725,000; expect that to fall to B695,000 when the new Vigo is out, depending on how big the change to the new model is and how much it is liked by Thais in relation to the old model), I do not think that the effect is as great on trucks as it is on cars, but I have not looked at this carefully.

From your earlier posts, you said that you had decided on the industrial Isuzu, so what's the concern about prices for the Vigo?

Now that's what I'm talking about - a well answered knowledgeable response which I appreciate. Much more constructive than how long is a piece of string. I'm deliberating still and wanted to clarify a few things if I did go down the Vigo route as it's not a new model, so I wanted to ask people's opinions about it, etc.

Many thanks, I appreciate your time and effort in responding.

Now that's what I'm talking about - a well answered knowledgeable response which I appreciate. Much more constructive than how long is a piece of string. I'm deliberating still and wanted to clarify a few things if I did go down the Vigo route as it's not a new model, so I wanted to ask people's opinions about it, etc.

Easy Tiger - we are a sarcastic lot on the motoring forum and in fairness to the reply "How Long is a String", it's nicer than the answer I would have given which would have been 2020 because nobody knows for sure when Toyota will replace the current version that has been on the shelf since 2005 I believe :)

Easy Tiger - we are a sarcastic lot on the motoring forum and in fairness to the reply "How Long is a String", it's nicer than the answer I would have given which would have been 2020 because nobody knows for sure when Toyota will replace the current version that has been on the shelf since 2005 I believe smile.png

...... and consistently the number one seller in the market place since 2005.

You cannot buy a workhorse like a vigo/hilux and worry about new models they are bought for work not display!!! all will work well, Toyota dealers in my area are head and shoulders above the Isuzu ones who are awful.

No.1 seller doesn't always mean it's the best - the two things are mutually exclusive

No it doesn't, but it does mean it's the most popular. Quite something to take into consideration I should think.

No.1 seller doesn't always mean it's the best - the two things are mutually exclusive

They are not "mutually exclusive" ("related in such a way that each thing makes the other thing impossible; not able to be true at the same time or to exist together" (emphasis added)). But they most certainly are intersecting sets, And whether the Vigo rests in the intersected area in the case of pickup trucks in Thailand is a hotly debated/disputed subject. But if the Vigo is not "the best", it is without question in the top 2 in everyone's list of the best trucks, and the industrial grade Isuzu is certainly not. But all of the major Japanese brand pickups in Thailand are very good, and you would not be making a "mistake" by buying any of them. The differences are very small, and a trucks "appeal" depend in large part on the preferences and perceptions of the prospective buyer. The Vigo is a great truck, with an excellent service system through out Thailand.

But, IMHO, Toyota does not represent good value at the present time, not with a new model on the horizon (I know, the horizon could be infinite). There are at the present time better value options, given the price. If you presently have good transport and are not in a hurry for a new truck, I would wait until the new Vigo was out. That does not mean that the present model Vigo is not a great truck, it is. It is just that it will soon be "the old model" Vigo and the price really doesn't reflect that. But Toyota (and Honda) are probably the only manufactures that are able to maintain relatively high and stable prices as models change. Even with the new Honda City available, dealers are only giving a B50,000 discount and free insurance on the old City, and they are selling them -- go figure. So, if you are that concerned about price, you should forget a Vigo.

Some here may remember that we were going to see the next-gen Hilux at the end of 2012, then 2013, then 2014, now 2015... So without an info leak somewhere, when it actually releases is anyone's guess.

There have been some test mules spotted, but not as many sightings as you'd normally expect on the lead up to production - so maybe those sightings weren't final validation, or maybe Toyota are just being super-secretive.

These days, It doesn't make much of a release story if you can't say it's already travelled a million KM's on all of the world's toughest roads though....

Some here may remember that we were going to see the next-gen Hilux at the end of 2012, then 2013, then 2014, now 2015... So without an info leak somewhere, when it actually releases is anyone's guess.

There have been some test mules spotted, but not as many sightings as you'd normally expect on the lead up to production - so maybe those sightings weren't final validation, or maybe Toyota are just being super-secretive.

These days, It doesn't make much of a release story if you can't say it's already travelled a million KM's on all of the world's toughest roads though....

And done a sub 6 min lap of the Nordschleifelaugh.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ten days ago I was offered 70k Baht (about 8- 10%) off the list price with any extras I wanted on this vehicle discounted from this figure. Extra discount (5,000THB I think) for white. I was quoted on a 4 door 2WD auto 2.5litre diesel. Toyota agent SE Thailand.

Ten days ago I was offered 70k Baht (about 8- 10%) off the list price with any extras I wanted on this vehicle discounted from this figure. Extra discount (5,000THB I think) for white. I was quoted on a 4 door 2WD auto 2.5litre diesel. Toyota agent SE Thailand.

If you are saying that any "extras" that you want would be deducted from the B70k discount, I think that is just about what I said the Toyota dealers were offering 1 to 2 months ago. B70k less insurance (B21K), bed liner (B5,000), window tint (B4,000) = B40k cash discount. Bingo! Not sure what you mean about an "extra discount" for white. Pearl white is typically B7,000 additional, but most dealers will throw it in for "free" with the insurance, bed liner and tint and still give a prospective buyer a B40k cash discount off the list price of the Vigo.

I have owned a Toyotas for 15 years here and never had a problem with the vehicle.

Then I was swayed by the new Ford Wildtrak and purchased it.

The vehicle itself is better in my opinion than the Toyota on the market at present , my gripe with Ford is the location of the showrooms / garage ( middle of nowhere ) and the lack of customer service / care.

I hope the Toyota upgrade is at least half decent , then I will in time revert back to Toyota.

• 8 months later...

Another legacy thread resurrected!!!

Maybe a generic "When is the new Toyota [insert name of SUV or pickup here] due out?" thread should be Pinned by the mods so that this doesn't keep popping up ad nauseam.

Well, it's better than 600 threads about the new Hilux ;)

I'm not sure why you're so bothered by it though? Are Ranger owners really that scared of the new Hilux? :P

One Post Discussing Moderation removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific
or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email
support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You are entitled to your opinion. Please do not insult other posters by your comments when you make that post.

Automedia have published some photos of the Hilux undergoing testing this week. Sounds like it is not expected in most markets until early 2016.

attachicon.gif72772b52cfac436eac715ad19acf3db1.jpg

attachicon.gifb5c4d5519bb04bd980d98c5c3131bd2f.jpg

attachicon.gifbc55619b257c4aafba829724795c9135.jpg

Not sure about the paint job, can I get it with little teddy bears all over instead?

Some info on the new engines:

2.8L diesel (1GD-FTV) makes 177HP and 450Nm from 1600-2400 RPM

2.4L diesel (2GD-FTV) makes 167HP and 400Nm from 1600-2000 RPM

The 2.8L comes with 6AT or 6MT (torque drops to 420Nm with MT)

The 2.4L comes with 6AT or 5MT (torque drops to 343Nm with MT)

There's also rumours of plans for a 200HP 3.2L diesel for the Tuna Sportivo, but no further info.

Edit: sorry, typo mania today :(

Archived