New TM47 form

Hi,

I don't visit the forum that often but I do subscribe to the emails and also check the twitter posts. Yesterday I went to the Nonthaburi Immigration for my 90 day report. I had completed the TM47 form already and when I handed it in I was told that next time I should use an amended form; which the official gave to me.

After looking at the Immigration website, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download and also the forms here I couldn't see the new version that was handed to me. Also I don't recall seeing any news about a new version of the form. I have therefore attached a scan of this new version in case it is of use.

The main difference is that the bottom section of the form now contains a part with the text 'This is not an extension of stay. Please notify your address again on ..... Keep in passport (The fine of Overdue Notification is not exceeding 5,000 Baht'.

Good service as always by the staff at Nonthaburi Immigration.

TM47.pdf

• Like 1

I just got mine back from Nakhon Sawan immigration. It was the old form with a blue stamp on the bottom left corner containing the statement in both Thai and English. Guess that they have not received the new re-printed forms or they what to :save the forests" and use up the old ones before they send out new ones.

It is just the standard from modified by the local office. You will just have to get a new one from them every time you report or make some copies of it to use.

When my local office does the printed out receipt it it has the info that is normally stamped on it printed out.

My 90 day report last month at Nonthaburi Immigration guy said old form, next time use this new one and handed me a new form... he simply added 5 Sep 2014 date stamped the bottom part on a new form to staple in my passport and used the already filled in at home top part.. in and out about 3 mins.

The pdf file does not show this change it is showing the old forum.

Sorry had to put my specks on the forum does show the stated change.

"This is not an extension of stay. Please notify your address again on ..... Keep in passport (The fine of Overdue Notification is not exceeding 5,000 Baht'."

I need to do a 90 day report this week, can I use the old form from the website to mail it or should I go to Chaengwattana to use the new form?

If the web forms have not been amended,i suggest just using the old form as i did on 4th july with no problems.

I just used the old one in Phitsanulok. Nobody said a thing. But I'll update next time. Thanks for the tip!

I also just finished my marriage extension. There were a bunch of new forms to sign about being blacklisted for overstay (discussed on several other threads.

Also, in the past, my wife and I had to sign everything submitted (copies, etc.) across the face BEFORE were submitted the stuff. They got annoyed if you sat there at the counter signing everything. THAT has changed.

Now they stamp every document with a stamp that says something like "This is a true copy," and you have to sign the signature blank.

Seems like overkill. I mean if you commit fraud and get away with it, then you get away with it no matter what you signed. If you commit fraud and get caught, well, you're probably screwed regardless of what you signed. Somehow I can't imagine making the argument, "Well, I thought it was okay to submit a false copy because I never said it was a true copy."

Unless you are dong your reports to Nonthaburi immigration you should only use the standard TM47 form. As said before they have modified the standard form.

They immigration office up her has been using the stamp saying it is true copy for a long time. They just stamp over your signature if you have already signed the copies.

• 5 months later...

I've just scanned (and enhanced) the most recent TM.47 form, and it looks quite lovely; no paper edges, no noticeable defects....

Download, via the attached thumbnail (file attachment) below...

Take care,

Pawpcorn

TM47_2015.jpg

post-41497-0-02078800-1420982720_thumb.j

Edited by Pawpcorn