2nd Blue Flag Market To Be Opened In Nakhon Si Thammarat On July 1st-2nd

Jai Dee

2nd Blue Flag Market to be opened in Nakhon Si Thammarat on July 1st-2nd

The province of Nakhon Si Thammarat will set up the 2nd Blue Flag Market on July 1st and 2nd.

Mr. Barisak Chusit, the head of the Internal Trade Office in Nakhon Si Thammarat, said the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Interior will hole the 2nd Blue Flag Market in the province in the beginning of next month.

Consumer goods and OTOP items will be sold at inexpensive prices.

At the market, activities such as food pollution inspection, games, fruit-eating contest, and vegetable-related competitions will also be organized.

The 2nd Blue Flag Market will be held in Hua It Market, the largest vegetable market in the South.

For more information, please call the Internal Trade Office in Nakhon Si Thammarat at 0-7534-7358, 0-7534-6541, or its 1569 hotline service.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 30 June 2006

Hua-It - the largest vegetable market in the South?! News to me... or maybe I'm just a giant onion. There is a market that deals with veggies, but it isn't the night market at Hua-It. I wonder where it will be...

I live in Hua-it and yes, it is a big market with produce going to provinces throughout the south. Go there in the early hours and you'll see the trucks going out. However if they're going to do anything 'public' in it, they will have to give it a bloody good cleanup first - it really is in a mess. The night market is the one across the road by the motorbike showrooms.