BANGKOK
umbanda

How many kilos of rice can produce one rai of land?

My relatives owns a small rice production, but they cannot tell me...or I misunderstood...the quantity of rice their land produce.

It is an average production number?

Good luck in getting a straight answer.

I don't think one exists.

• Like 2

The type of rice comes into the calculation but around 2-300kg per in unirrigated areas would be about on the mark I think

A Rice farmer who owned four rai and rented seven rai for a yield of 8-9 tonnes per harvest,
Calculation top end

11 / (9 tonnes) = 0.00122222222 kg-1

Bottom

11 / (8 tonnes) = 0.001375 kg-1

Wont get fat on that but you sure as hull will get sick of it.

Thank you very much for your response. Very useful. Now I understand what my relatives told me, and also I understand why they are not making enough money. Looks like rice plantation it is not the best use for an expensive farming land.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting!
  • Like 1

This is dependent on many factors. Soil condition, irrigation no irrigation etc. We average about 800kgs per rai.

However this is after we got my wife's dad to stop slash and burn and started using natural fertilizers. Prior to this

we were getting about 600-650 kgs per rai.

I have often wondered this myself. Of course common sense will tell you that it would vary according to many conditions. But I would have thought that rice farmers would have a ball park idea........BUT.....surprise, surprise, of the maybe 10 farmers I have asked in Issan, not one had any idea!

• Like 1

Good luck in getting a straight answer.

I don't think one exists.

Sure would make for an interesting conversation especially with the OP asking how much land rice can produce! blink.png

• Like 1

This is dependent on many factors. Soil condition, irrigation no irrigation etc. We average about 800kgs per rai.

However this is after we got my wife's dad to stop slash and burn and started using natural fertilizers. Prior to this

we were getting about 600-650 kgs per rai.

what natural fertilizer do you use?

I have often wondered this myself. Of course common sense will tell you that it would vary according to many conditions. But I would have thought that rice farmers would have a ball park idea........BUT.....surprise, surprise, of the maybe 10 farmers I have asked in Issan, not one had any idea!

then ask them how much rice they get per crop and then ask them how many rai they farm. they will all know both those #'s.