Gaza and Israel suffer deadliest day

webfact

Netanhayu was on a revenge mission re the teenagers that were murdered by those psychopaths.  

Nope. Netanyahu was on attack mission re the Hamas psychopath terrorists firing rockets at innocent Israeli civilians.

BS - 

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave

When first we practise to deceive!"   

This is a revenge mission - pure and simple.  

BS -

This is a self defense mission - pure and simple.

You are deluded - 

And even in the very, very unlikely event that you are right, and that the murder of the teenage boys was pure coincidence, as the attack had already been planned.

This is a disaster for Israel.    

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. Netanyahu was on attack mission re the Hamas psychopath terrorists firing rockets at innocent Israeli civilians.

BS - 

BS -

This is a self defense mission - pure and simple.

You are deluded - 

And even in the very, very unlikely event that you are right, and that the murder of the teenage boys was pure coincidence, as the attack had already been planned.

This is a disaster for Israel.    

Oh, but I am without a doubt far more informed than you.

Completely agree that it's a disaster for Israel to have Hamas terrorists targeting and killing innocent Israeli civilians for such a long time.

It's also a disaster for the Palestinians for having such a radical terrorist regime that causes the casualties of their own innocent civilians.

Very tragic.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with 3,000 rockets. giggle.gif

How many missiles were fabricated by Israel for 7 billion USD ?
At least 20 countries were involved in the purchase.

Bringing up this fact I hope that you won't qualify me as an anti-semitist.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.567693

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You are missing the point, having the missiles isn't the problem, shooting them unprovoked as Hamas does, is a problem.

UG is trying to muddy the waters again, confusing the timeline

In the 3 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper the rockets had reduced to a trickle of one per week that all fell harmlessly..

Read the facts yourself at 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014

It seems a very strange time indeed for Israel to launch a major provocative operation against Hamas when they had virtually already achieved their objective of stopping the rockets.  What a wonderful time that period of detente would have been to send a delegation for indirect talks with Hamas to stop the rockets completely in return for a gradual easing of the blockade.

UG would have us believe that the Israeli cabinet meeting on 13th June went something like this..

Netanyahu: How many rockets have fallen these last 3 weeks

Intelligence Officer: 3 sir, one a week.

Netanyahu: Any damage or casualties?

Intelligence Officer: None, sir.

Netanyahu: Right I think that justifies an invasion of Gaza, and the murder of over 400 innocent children and the sacrifice of 67 Israeli lives. 

I have a feeling Netanyahu had other motives.

Do you even know when exactly the operation started? What date exactly? What happened 1 day before that date? What happened 2 days before that date?

Please enlighten us with your selective summary.

Netanhayu was on a revenge mission re the teenagers that were murdered by those psychopaths.  

BS - 

I agree with you about 90%. But only because nothing about Netanyahu and Lieberman and their fellow Zionists is ever "pure". Simple, maybe - pure, never. They are simply sociopaths - humans that lack the necessary capacity to empathise with others, and who  lack a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. The clan that murdered the 3 boys (not Hamas, by the way, as everybody knew before the war) share many common features with Netanyahu and his murderous government.

• Like 1

UG is trying to muddy the waters again, confusing the timeline

You have been caught repeatedly telling blatant lies on this forum and reposting the same erroneous information over and over again that has already been disproved - often by information that you ignored in your own links. Accusing anyone else of "muddying the waters" is rather absurd, now isn't it? 

When you can't face the facts, deny, deflect, denigrate the poster. Nothing new there then.

You have already admitted that the 3 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper (mid May to June 12th) were exceptionally quiet..too quiet for Israel's liking, so they provoked the present conflict.

That again and I did not "admit" anything. Those are your words. According to you, "only" 2 rockets attacks, but plenty before and plenty afterwards. You are being dishonest on a regular basis - as I have pointed out above. coffee1.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

From what I can see, there has been a moving of the goalposts. I agree with Patts partly because if you remember the language Net was using "Hamas will Pay!!" etc.. it seemed very much revenge-like. But I also agree with you dr. lucas because they did cite the rocket attacks as the official reason to attack.

But have you noticed how the language shifted from rockets to tunnels over the past couple of weeks?

I read an article (perhaps haaretz? ill have to look it up) in which the writer posited that the military shifted its "goals" to something much more achievable (tunnels) in order to be sure that Netanyahu can claim "victory" and thus retain the image of successful leader. 

Indeed, the IDF's twitter for the last couple of days have been trumpeting "mission accomplished - we destroyed the tunnels blah blah". Although they mention rockets in other tweets, the sense of "mission accomplished" is more around the tunnels. 

From what I can see, there has been a moving of the goalposts. I agree with Patts partly because if you remember the language Net was using "Hamas will Pay!!" etc.. it seemed very much revenge-like. But I also agree with you dr. lucas because they did cite the rocket attacks as the official reason to attack.

But have you noticed how the language shifted from rockets to tunnels over the past couple of weeks?

I read an article (perhaps haaretz? ill have to look it up) in which the writer posited that the military shifted its "goals" to something much more achievable (tunnels) in order to be sure that Netanyahu can claim "victory" and thus retain the image of successful leader. 

Indeed, the IDF's twitter for the last couple of days have been trumpeting "mission accomplished - we destroyed the tunnels blah blah". Although they mention rockets in other tweets, the sense of "mission accomplished" is more around the tunnels. 

You can't even agree amongst yourselves. Looks like the Israeli government message is not too loud and clear. Maybe because none of them have the ring of truth, so they keep trying on new ones. So, is it murdered teenagers? Or rockets? Or tunnels? Maybe just to drive a wedge between Hamas and Fatah? Or maybe Netanyahu was just bored? Oh well, a few thousand dead civilians is a small price to pay, nicht wahr?

• Like 2

That again and I did not "admit" anything. Those are your words. According to you, "only" 2 rockets attacks, but plenty before and plenty afterwards. You are being dishonest on a regular basis - as I have pointed out above. coffee1.gif

Plenty before and plenty afterwards my dates [so you say], but not during..ergo you admit my facts.

Thank you for querying my stats, UG. I went back to recheck. I admit I was wrong.

In fact, in the 6 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper 5 rockets fell harmlessly...that’s less than one per week!

And 3 mortar rounds fired at a military target IDF forces on the Gaza border (see below what provocations the IDF had been up to during this same period)

Here’s the real timeline of events, not your fictitious and dishonest IDF response to 1000s of rockets pretext in the 6 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper. Your account did not happen. You are making it up! When you read what actually happened prior to Netanyahu launching his murderous provocation, you can see that Hamas had in fact shown considerable restraint...5 harmless rockets in response to the IDF’s 5 assassinations plus several injuries during that period of 6 weeks detente from May to mid June.

It is crystal clear that Netanyahu wanted this conflict, and he chose the tragic murder of 3 Israeli teens as his immoral pretext.

May 1    A rocket hit an open area in Eshkol. No one were hurt, no damage was reported.

May 21  Several [3] mortar rounds were fired at IDF forces on the Gaza border. No injuries, damages in attack.

May 23  A rocket exploded in open field in Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council. No reports of damages or injuries.

June 1    A rocket was fired early Sunday morning at the Eshkol region. The rocket landed in a field and no casualties were reported.

June 11 A rocket fired from Gaza narrowly missed a main artery in southern Israel as it landed in a nearby dirt field without causing any injuries.

While in that same period here’s what the IDF had been up to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_assassinations

May 15            In Beitunia in cold blood 2 students shot dead one in the back, and a 3rd injured after a demonstration. “The Nakba Day shooting sums up the crime of occupation, which has turned the IDF from the people’s army into a hothouse of violence.The report in Haaretz that a non-combat soldier attached to the Border Police force fired, contrary to regulations, at Palestinian protesters during the riots in Beitunia – apparently because of “boredom”     http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.596219

May 24            The Military Police has opened investigations into the circumstances of the deaths of at least 18 Palestinians in the West Bank in the last two years, but has completed only three of these probes. In only one case was an Israeli soldier charged and convicted.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.592588

June 3              A 22 year old Palestinian fisherman was shot and injured by Israeli military boats in the sea off the coast of the northern Gaza Strip

http://www.gazaark.org/2014/06/03/israeli-forces-shoot-injure-palestinian-fisherman-off-gaza-coast/

June 8             A Palestinian fisherman Imad Shukri Salem, 52, died from Israeli gunshot wounds sustained on May 25th.

http://www.gazaark.org/2014/06/09/gaza-fisherman-shot-by-israeli-forces-dies-of-wounds/

June 11           Air strike used to assassinate a Palestinian militant Mohammed Awar while riding on a motorcycle in Gaza also killing his 7 year old nephew and injuring 3 civilians including a child

June 12           Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered.

June 12           Operation Brothers Keeper launched. Over the next 11 days Israel arrested over 350 Palestinians, many still in jail without charge, and killed 5 Palestinians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers#cite_note-20140617Algemeiner-7

Plus numerous other violations

http://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/weekly-report-israeli-human-rights-violations-occupied-448

June 15           Netanyahu makes his infamous accusation without a shred of evidence of direct orders from Hamas leadership [still none today] "Hamas terrorists carried out Thursday's kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers. We know that for a fact. These teenagers were kidnapped and the kidnapping was carried out by Hamas members. Hamas denials do not change this fact" http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/PressRoom/2014/Pages/PM-Netanyahus-statement-regarding-the-kidnapping-of-Israeli-teenagers-by-Hamas-15-June-2014.aspx

Thank you,UG, for helping me with my research. Israel's guilt and your spin is worse than I thought.

It's quite simple, if you were following the events daily.

At first, the IAF attacked Gaza for the rockets, attacks which were responded by sharp increase in Hamas rocket attacks on Israeli civilians.

The IDF infantry was sent into the Gaza strip several days later when the Hamas attacks escalated. Their main objective was to locate and destroy rockets, rocket factories and eliminate Hamas terrorists.

Why risking IDF infantry soldiers when the IAF could easily just bomb the area and eliminate all problems you ask? Because the government was trying to prevent civilians casualties, even at the cost of risking IDF infantry lives.

While being inside Gaza strip they have discovered the terror tunnel underground "metro".

As this is assessed as a great risk to Israeli national security and since the IDF and IAF concluded they won't be able to completely destroy all rockets, especially those that are being used and stored in heavily populated areas, as the cost in civilian casualties if the IAF bomb them or IDF infantry casualties may be unbearable, the main objective shifted to eliminate the terror tunnels, an objective which kept the IDF infantry inside Gaza strip for a short while.

The IDF & IAF were able, however, to eliminate a large quantity of their first main objectives. That mission, tho, was not fully accomplished.

One side or another claiming victory when there is no real victory is just a "P.R. stunt" meant to improve morale. Happens almost in every war by all sides, not just in the middle east.

As far as I am concerned, when there will be real peace in that region, they can call it a victory, not one second earlier.

You can't even agree amongst yourselves. Looks like the Israeli government message is not too loud and clear. Maybe because none of them have the ring of truth, so they keep trying on new ones. So, is it murdered teenagers? Or rockets? Or tunnels? Maybe just to drive a wedge between Hamas and Fatah? Or maybe Netanyahu was just bored? Oh well, a few thousand dead civilians is a small price to pay, nicht wahr?

Don't want to repeat myself, feel free to read my previous post.

"Amongs yourselves"? Who did you refer to?

Plenty before and plenty afterwards my dates [so you say], but not during..ergo you admit my facts.

Thank you for querying my stats, UG. I went back to recheck. I admit I was wrong.

In fact, in the 6 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper 5 rockets fell harmlessly...that’s less than one per week!

And 3 mortar rounds fired at a military target IDF forces on the Gaza border (see below what provocations the IDF had been up to during this same period)

Here’s the real timeline of events, not your fictitious and dishonest IDF response to 1000s of rockets pretext in the 6 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper. Your account did not happen. You are making it up! When you read what actually happened prior to Netanyahu launching his murderous provocation, you can see that Hamas had in fact shown considerable restraint...5 harmless rockets in response to the IDF’s 5 assassinations plus several injuries during that period of 6 weeks detente from May to mid June.

It is crystal clear that Netanyahu wanted this conflict, and he chose the tragic murder of 3 Israeli teens as his immoral pretext.

May 1    A rocket hit an open area in Eshkol. No one were hurt, no damage was reported.

May 21  Several [3] mortar rounds were fired at IDF forces on the Gaza border. No injuries, damages in attack.

May 23  A rocket exploded in open field in Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council. No reports of damages or injuries.

June 1    A rocket was fired early Sunday morning at the Eshkol region. The rocket landed in a field and no casualties were reported.

June 11 A rocket fired from Gaza narrowly missed a main artery in southern Israel as it landed in a nearby dirt field without causing any injuries.

While in that same period here’s what the IDF had been up to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_assassinations

May 15            In Beitunia in cold blood 2 students shot dead one in the back, and a 3rd injured after a demonstration. “The Nakba Day shooting sums up the crime of occupation, which has turned the IDF from the people’s army into a hothouse of violence.The report in Haaretz that a non-combat soldier attached to the Border Police force fired, contrary to regulations, at Palestinian protesters during the riots in Beitunia – apparently because of “boredom”     http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.596219

May 24            The Military Police has opened investigations into the circumstances of the deaths of at least 18 Palestinians in the West Bank in the last two years, but has completed only three of these probes. In only one case was an Israeli soldier charged and convicted.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.592588

June 3              A 22 year old Palestinian fisherman was shot and injured by Israeli military boats in the sea off the coast of the northern Gaza Strip

http://www.gazaark.org/2014/06/03/israeli-forces-shoot-injure-palestinian-fisherman-off-gaza-coast/

June 8             A Palestinian fisherman Imad Shukri Salem, 52, died from Israeli gunshot wounds sustained on May 25th.

http://www.gazaark.org/2014/06/09/gaza-fisherman-shot-by-israeli-forces-dies-of-wounds/

June 11           Air strike used to assassinate a Palestinian militant Mohammed Awar while riding on a motorcycle in Gaza also killing his 7 year old nephew and injuring 3 civilians including a child

June 12           Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered.

June 12           Operation Brothers Keeper launched. Over the next 11 days Israel arrested over 350 Palestinians, many still in jail without charge, and killed 5 Palestinians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers#cite_note-20140617Algemeiner-7

Plus numerous other violations

http://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/weekly-report-israeli-human-rights-violations-occupied-448

June 15           Netanyahu makes his infamous accusation without a shred of evidence of direct orders from Hamas leadership [still none today] "Hamas terrorists carried out Thursday's kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers. We know that for a fact. These teenagers were kidnapped and the kidnapping was carried out by Hamas members. Hamas denials do not change this fact" http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/PressRoom/2014/Pages/PM-Netanyahus-statement-regarding-the-kidnapping-of-Israeli-teenagers-by-Hamas-15-June-2014.aspx

Thank you,UG, for helping me with my research. Israel's guilt and your spin is worse than I thought.

Funny.

You didn't answer my questions:

Do you even know when exactly the operation started? What date exactly? What happened 1 day before that date? What happened 2 days before that date?

Please enlighten us with your selective summary.

In fact, in the 6 weeks prior to Operation Brothers Keeper 5 rockets fell harmlessly...thats less than one per week!

So, according to you, there were "only" 5 rocket attacks during that time and plenty of attacks before and afterwards. No country on earth would put up with ANY rockets attacks, whether they were successful, or not. Why do you keep posting the same old discredited nonsense? Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I agree with you about 90%. But only because nothing about Netanyahu and Lieberman and their fellow Zionists is ever "pure". Simple, maybe - pure, never. They are simply sociopaths - humans that lack the necessary capacity to empathise with others, and who  lack a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. The clan that murdered the 3 boys (not Hamas, by the way, as everybody knew before the war) share many common features with Netanyahu and his murderous government.

About that "clan that murdered the 3 boys (not Hamas, by the way, as everybody knew before the war)":

The latest on the current investigation

Hamas in Gaza funded June kidnap and murder of three teens, Israel says

The state said Wednesday that Hamas operatives in Gaza funded the June kidnapping and murder of three teens in the West Bank, the event that led up to Israel’s four-week Gaza offensive.

The funding aspect was revealed in a reply to a petition against the demolition of the homes of the three men suspected of the kidnapping and murder.

The state named Hussam Qawasmeh as the leader of the cell; the Shin Bet security service had previously suspected that Marwan Qawasmeh and Amer Abu Aisheh were the leaders. Last month, the police’s counterterrorism unit arrested Hussam Qawasmeh at the home of relatives in the Shoafat refugee camp in East Jerusalem.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.609167

As for the so-called "not Hamas" clan. The Qawasmeh clan (or rather, a certain part of it) IS the Hamas in Hebron (or, in Arabic, al-khalil). Members of the family led the Hamas in the area and carried out many a terrorist attack against Israel over the years.

The Qawasmeh clan in rogue in the sense that it represents the extreme militant ideology of Hamas, which rejects most understandings and agreements that imply dropping the armed struggle (this applies both to the Hamas and the Fatah). Members of the clan repeatedly carried out attacks at times when Hamas interest was to keep the fires burning low, and at times, in direct opposition to leadership's wishes. However, and that's quite a big however, they were never formally denounced by Hamas or reprimanded for their actions. In most, if not all cases, the leadership ended up praising attacks.

So as for not being Hamas - this is not debated, they are. There assertion that they are working on their own agenda, and are out of control could be supported that many times. When it becomes a standard and they are not thrown out of the fold, it sends a different kind of message. The question of Hamas officials and leadership involvement aside, it exemplifies the difficulties of making agreements with Hamas as a movement. Unless I am very much mistaken, many of the arrests which the IDF carried out during the search for the killers were from among members of the Qawasmeh clan and its affiliates, and it is safe to assume that Abbas did not shed much tears to have them take a blow or two.

There is quite a lot of background material available on this, mostly in local media, but Google is bound to provide some results as well.

Yes, there was a shifting of the IDF goals once the tunnels became an issue which couldn't be pushed aside (following an attack through one into Israeli territory). I wouldn't say that the mission was accomplished even in regards to them tunnels, though.

• Like 1

Why is it you assume that there needs to be an agreement between posters with opposing view to yours?

Makes it easier to clump them all under the same tags, sure, but maybe that goes to show that there are

actually a plurality of views on the other side?

It's quite simple, if you were following the events daily.

At first, the IAF attacked Gaza for the rockets, attacks which were responded by sharp increase in Hamas rocket attacks on Israeli civilians.

The IDF infantry was sent into the Gaza strip several days later when the Hamas attacks escalated. Their main objective was to locate and destroy rockets, rocket factories and eliminate Hamas terrorists.

Why risking IDF infantry soldiers when the IAF could easily just bomb the area and eliminate all problems you ask? Because the government was trying to prevent civilians casualties, even at the cost of risking IDF infantry lives.

While being inside Gaza strip they have discovered the terror tunnel underground "metro".

As this is assessed as a great risk to Israeli national security and since the IDF and IAF concluded they won't be able to completely destroy all rockets, especially those that are being used and stored in heavily populated areas, as the cost in civilian casualties if the IAF bomb them or IDF infantry casualties may be unbearable, the main objective shifted to eliminate the terror tunnels, an objective which kept the IDF infantry inside Gaza strip for a short while.

The IDF & IAF were able, however, to eliminate a large quantity of their first main objectives. That mission, tho, was not fully accomplished.

One side or another claiming victory when there is no real victory is just a "P.R. stunt" meant to improve morale. Happens almost in every war by all sides, not just in the middle east.

As far as I am concerned, when there will be real peace in that region, they can call it a victory, not one second earlier.

I absolutely agree with you that its just PR, the old "mission accomplished" sign after Iraq springs to mind.