Woman loses control of car, smashes into Phuket light pole

webfact

Woman loses control of car, smashes into Phuket light pole
Eakkapop Thongtub

1405914405_1-org.jpg
The CRV and the light pole it hit.

PHUKET: -- A woman lost control of her Honda CRV and smashed into a light pole on the bypass road yesterday afternoon (July 20). No other vehicles were involved.

After the crash, close to the Premium Outlet complex, Pritsana “Koy” Thongkam, 42, had to be helped out of the car, and was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket with chest injuries.

Witnesses told police that she was driving at sped when she lost control, zigzagging along the road before crashing into the pole on the median strip.

She was charged with careless driving and destroying government property.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-loses-control-of-car-smashes-into-phuket-light-pole-47431.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-21

That car saved her life. There was a time when that would have been a certain fatality. The crumple zone in the front worked and I wouldn't be surprised if the doors still open and close in the cabin. There was a time when a non-telescoping steering column would have impaled her.

There was a time when that pole would have cut the car in half until it was in the back seat after passing through the driver.

That is one fortunate woman.

• Like 1

Lucky she hit the pole I guess ,

Miss that then she would of gone straight across the median strip into oncoming traffic heading north

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She certainly was driving at great speed to cause that sort of damage.

And fortunate she didn't hit one of the concrete power poles like you see in the back. They don't give when hit, instant stop.

According to her indoors , Thai news is reporting she fell asleep at the wheel. ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

That car saved her life. There was a time when that would have been a certain fatality. The crumple zone in the front worked and I wouldn't be surprised if the doors still open and close in the cabin. There was a time when a non-telescoping steering column would have impaled her.

There was a time when that pole would have cut the car in half until it was in the back seat after passing through the driver.

That is one fortunate woman.

Air bags to the rescue as well I would imagine, few local drivers use seat belts