Phuket police chief denies imposing curfew on teens

webfact

Phuket police chief denies imposing curfew on teens
Anthika Muangrod

1405927194_1-org.jpg
Gen Krajang: We have no power to impose a curfew.

PHUKET: -- Pol Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat, the island’s temporary police chief, has denied a report that Phuket police have imposed a 10pm curfew on anyone under the age of 18, banning them from the streets after that time.

Gen Krajang told The Phuket News this morning, “How can we stop them going out at night? We have no power to impose a curfew.”

But, he added, “We are going to check teenagers more because recently there have been many criminal cases, such as bag-snatching, that have involved teenagers.

“We are just going to be checking them more stringently, using check points.

“We already have a number of check points but we will continue to add more until we see concrete results.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-chief-denies-imposing-curfew-on-teens-47436.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-21

Not sure about the above posters but I thought it said he "Denied" the report about curfew? " We have no power to impose a curfew" guess the internet shops do not have to worry

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Not sure about the above posters but I thought it said he "Denied" the report about curfew? " We have no power to impose a curfew" guess the internet shops do not have to worry

Correct, but it would be nice to not allow under 18's out past 10 pm with a fine going to the parents if and mandatory 40 hours of trash pickup duty for the kids if caught. The island would be cleaner and safer pretty quickly.

I presume you have been 16 or 17 years old?

• Like 1

Correct, but it would be nice to not allow under 18's out past 10 pm with a fine going to the parents if and mandatory 40 hours of trash pickup duty for the kids if caught. The island would be cleaner and safer pretty quickly.

I presume you have been 16 or 17 years old?

Indeed, but I still had a curfew and parents that I had to be responsible to, unlike the majority of kids racing around at night during the week when they should be studying. Where's the parental control here, as it seems virtually non existent.

On the weekends, let the kids stay out , but during the week, please...................

steelepulse

Indeed, but I still had a curfew and parents that I had to be responsible to, unlike the majority of kids racing around at night during the week when they should be studying. Where's the parental control here, as it seems virtually non existent.

On the weekends, let the kids stay out , but during the week, please...................

Study Why? when they cant fail..blame the system and the parents..

• Like 1

Last year I drove regularly from Patong to Karon between 18.00 and 18.30 and on many occasions went through the well known police check point going down hill into Karon. You could always tell there was a check point as there were dozens of Thai teens roaming on the hill just around the corner waiting for the check point to be cleared which happened most of the time when it got dark.

I always wondered why the police not enclosed these groups and they could have been feasting not only on lack of drivers licenses and insurance but most likely also on outstanding arrest warrants, stolen bikes, weapons and drugs. Every single one of these teens had something to hide. Wish the military would do this now.