Tourist involved in a high speed crash

webfact

Tourist involved in a high speed crash

Choeng-Mon-car-crash-2.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- At around 2-15 am this morning a tourist in Koh Samui was involved in a road accident when he misjudged a bend in the road from Chaweng to Choeng mon. The accident that was caused by high speed took place in a badly lit area.

The car narrowly missed a security guard and ended up on the top of a rockery. The tourist, who was sitting on top of his seatbelt, that had been secured so the seatbelt sign did not flash, miraculously did not sustain any life threatening injuries.

xstimes.jpg.pagespeed.ic.EXTclkoej2.webp
-- Samui Times 2014-07-21

"The accident that was caused by high speed took place in a badly lit area."

Well if was the case, the driver was not giving consideration to the conditions.... and at that time of the morning, had probably just finished his last drink at a bar. (?)

Lucky for the security guard and other innocent people were not hurt...

I hope this does not mean that people to be asking for more lighting, so the island is lit up like a football stadium .... facepalm.gif

The tourist, who was sitting on top of his seatbelt, that had been secured so the seatbelt sign did not flash,

What a clown. Was it more effort to wear the seatbelt than sitting on it?

It would have more comfortable to wear it rather than sit on it.

I had a motorbike accident on Koh Samui two days ago. Was driving a honda click along the main road next to Lamai when a stray dog jumped under the wheels. It was already dark and it sprung out of nowhere and right under the wheels of my bike.

The speed was about 50 km and the impact was felt hard. I lost control of the vehicle and we crashed into parked motorbikes. I was thrown out and have massive scratches and bruises on my arms and legs. My girlfriend landed on me and is fortunately unharmed.

Surprisingly an ambulance and arrived within 5 mins and I was taken to some hospital. All my wounds got cleaned, disinfected, treated and bandaged. And it was almost free of charge (had to pay only 100 baht for the antibiotics from the hospitals pharmacy). I was told that if you arrive with an ambulance the emergency aid is paid for by the government irrespective of your nationality. However if you come on your own you will have to pay.

Luckily the owners of the parked bikes didn't press for any compensation as they saw what had happened and that I was not at fault. But it cost me 3.3k in repairs for my bike. The front had to be completely replaced.

So be careful folks.

• Like 1

The manufacturer is testing the vehicles safety systems to see if their incredible structure is sufficient to withstand collisions, resulting in cost cutting for production without the need for seat belts.

And reduce weight of 0.7 kgs, which will help fuel economy.

How dumb can the driver be? A "smart assed" dumb person? S**t for brains?

I have absolutely no sympathy for the idiot. The only good news is that he did not kill or injure some innocent bystander/s.