Angry Phuket residents in ‘no water’ protest

Angry Phuket residents in ‘no water’ protest
Darawan Naknakhon

1405935066_1-org.jpg
Outnumbered: water official Phichet Chonlayut (in uniform) listens to the villagers' complaint.

PHUKET: -- Fifty residents of the Saiyuan Med Village development went to the Phuket Provincial Water Supply (PWS) office this morning (July 21) to complain that they have had no water for two months.

Prawit Wiriyanora-anan, managing director of Phuket Sunshine Property Partnership led the residents to deliver a protest letter to PWS director Phichet Chonlayut.

Mr Prawit said, “Fifty-five homes have had a water problem for more than two months. When villagers told PWS officials about this, there was no solution.” This, he said, was because the officials had not taken the problem seriously.

“All the villagers want the PWS to explain why they are getting no water and for all relevant officials to sign a written pledge that they will fix the water pipes which always have problems.” He also said villagers had been receiving water bills even though they were getting no water.

Mr Prawit added, “If officials take no action, we will take our complaint to higher authorities.” After receiving the complains, Mr Phichet said, “We have been trying to fix this problem ever since we got the intial reports about two months ago. We will redouble our efforts.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/angry-phuket-residents-in-%E2%80%98no-water%E2%80%99-protest-47444.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-21

2 months without the 'elixir of life'?

How do they cope. I went 5 days without and was going crazy.

Let the tank being filled by private companies

our town (Rawai) water is at a trickle most weekends,

almost like they close the taps when they go home on Fridays...hmmmmmm

Trucked water sucks....

dirty Tin mine untreated stuff I think...

always leaves dusty residue all around bath, the dishes, not to metion what it does to my hair....

Things like this and un-reliable electric service piss me off...

Edited by glassdude007

It apparently took one hour after the protest to get their water back on. Seems like the valve was closed for water rationing a while back & the water dept simply forgot to turn it back on.

• Like 1

It apparently took one hour after the protest to get their water back on. Seems like the valve was closed for water rationing a while back & the water dept simply forgot to turn it back on.

Wow! How embarrassing.....

Life must be miserable if you can't flush toilets, or take a shower.

When it comes to basics like water, electricity and rubbish collection, it seems Rawai is the worst place on the island.

But hey we have some great new flood lights around the place so we can see the rubbish all over the place any time day or night.

• Like 1

"the valve was closed for water rationing" - more like the valve was closed for water carting. :)

• Like 1