Excellent Mitsubishi Service

People are always keen to complain about thai service, including me. But it's good to praise them when they get it right. I was really pleased on the service when i bought my new Mitsubishi 6 months ago and today it had it's first service. The service department (on Suvumvit Road passed Jomtien) is new, modern and clean. When i arrived they had my name listed first on a welcome to service customers. A receptionist met me quickly and explained what was going to be done, how long it would take and the cost. I waited in a smart reception area where i could watch them work with free coffee, papers and internet. They finished quickly with a free car wash. The cost of all this, 1,000 baht 20 GBP.

Well done Mitsubishi.

Thanks for that report. I am presuming this is the new dealer just before The Ambassador going in the Sattahip direction? Also was it a car or truck and how long did you have to wait for them to complete it including the car wash?

I use this dealership as well and whole heartedly agree with the op, spotless clean work shop and great staff, comfortable waiting room with tea,water and coffee also computers free to use will you wait

Mitsubishi say to have the first service at 1,000 ks or one month and the second service at 10,000 ks or six months. I took my then new Mitsubishi in for it's first service at one month and shortly after realized they did not change the oil and filter as recommended in the service book, took it back at two months and had them change oil and filter, at six months only had about 5,000 ks on the clock so wanted to delay the next service for a while, Mitsubishi dealer said no way or warranty is void. with expensive oil at 750 baht for three litres you would expect it to last longer than about three thousand ks.

Mitsubishi say to have the first service at 1,000 ks or one month and the second service at 10,000 ks or six months. I took my then new Mitsubishi in for it's first service at one month and shortly after realized they did not change the oil and filter as recommended in the service book, took it back at two months and had them change oil and filter, at six months only had about 5,000 ks on the clock so wanted to delay the next service for a while, Mitsubishi dealer said no way or warranty is void. with expensive oil at 750 baht for three litres you would expect it to last longer than about three thousand ks.

Unfortunately they seem very strict on this. I had a similar experience and because I had completely missed one had to have two services back to back otherwise they would have voided the warranty. Mitsubishi central office agreed with the dealer when I asked.

^This seems to be a growing trend with all car companies, the threat of voiding the warranty if you so much as remove one screw in the wrong place. I'm not sure if this is more prevalent in Thailand versus other countries or is a trend globally, but they want to force you as much as possible to use their "book service" program, which I understand and is good in most ways, but makes you a prisoner to the dealer service and their prices. You have to hope and trust their pricing will be reasonable and in good faith.

Heaven help anyone who installs LPG in any car before the warranty is up. They will all void any warranty work.

^This seems to be a growing trend with all car companies, the threat of voiding the warranty if you so much as remove one screw in the wrong place. I'm not sure if this is more prevalent in Thailand versus other countries or is a trend globally, but they want to force you as much as possible to use their "book service" program, which I understand and is good in most ways, but makes you a prisoner to the dealer service and their prices. You have to hope and trust their pricing will be reasonable and in good faith.

Heaven help anyone who installs LPG in any car before the warranty is up. They will all void any warranty work.

as it should - why should a manufacturer be liable for potential issues related to some dodgy 3rd party installation?

• Like 1

Free service = 1000 baht? What about your guarantee?

So you sit down and have a coffee all very good except my experience with Mitsubishi was that whilst I was having a nice coffee they were in fact putting my car back together in such a way that it was DANGEROUS to drive....I had to get an independent garage to verify this and eventually Mitsu sent a "team" of experts to repair the car at a different garage.....it took weeks to get sorted and I received not even an appology

So you sit down and have a coffee all very good except my experience with Mitsubishi was that whilst I was having a nice coffee they were in fact putting my car back together in such a way that it was DANGEROUS to drive....I had to get an independent garage to verify this and eventually Mitsu sent a "team" of experts to repair the car at a different garage.....it took weeks to get sorted and I received not even an appology

You want an apology for Mitsubishi taking responsibility and sending a team of experts to repair the car?

• Like 1

You want an apology for Mitsubishi taking responsibility and sending a team of experts to repair the car?

Why not, it was their shit fitters that caused the unnecessary problems.

Don't be facetious, read the post.

I purchased a new Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 with factory fitted C.N.G. The C.N.G. was so hard to obtain an I spent so much time queuing for the gas I sold the car and bought another new Mitsubishi this time with a 1.8 engine. Whilst on their forecourt I noticed another car same as mine with L.P.G. So I had L.P.G. fitted and did not get one word from Mitsubishi admonition me from doing this, When I have had a service from the L.P.G. installer within a couple of days the Icon engine light appears on the panel. I have to go back to have a computer adjustment made for it to be cleared. Now it is happening that the engine icon appears and after a few days it disappears on its own. I read in the car manual under "Fuses" I have three of these engine icons. There are listed over 50 fuses.

Technology gone berserk.

Who said it was free? you have to pay for the oil at least

Who said it was free? you have to pay for the oil at least

So 3k all in for full synthetic?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am sitting in the Mitsubishi service customer lounge on sukhumvit rd banglamung (past nth Pattaya on the way to Laemchabang) & I stopped in here the other day just to check how much the 1st 10k service would cost. 2,000 was their comment so i stopped in at the atm on the way here. However once i arrived, the service girl pointed to the fact that my car had done 12,300 kms and not the obligatory 10,000kms and due to this fact i was going to have to pay 2,500 baht and this they wrote down on the document. Then an hour ago another service girl comes into the customer lounge to tell me that there is another item they need to do to the car which she insisted was a normal standard opperarion in a 10k service. This however was going to cost me another 900 baht!

So currently i am expecting a bill of 3,400 if and when the car is finished. Jeez you think that they would have this stuff written down eh? Mind you, i have lived here long enough to keep exceptionally low expectations for any service oriented business here, but one would have thought if anyone could make these peopke work to a system the Japanese could. Sadly not.

BTW DON'T beleive all the bullshxt Mitsubishi spews out about their fuel ecconomy figures, its about 70% of their claims at best.

I am sitting in the Mitsubishi service customer lounge on sukhumvit rd banglamung (past nth Pattaya on the way to Laemchabang) & I stopped in here the other day just to check how much the 1st 10k service would cost. 2,000 was their comment so i stopped in at the atm on the way here. However once i arrived, the service girl pointed to the fact that my car had done 12,300 kms and not the obligatory 10,000kms and due to this fact i was going to have to pay 2,500 baht and this they wrote down on the document. Then an hour ago another service girl comes into the customer lounge to tell me that there is another item they need to do to the car which she insisted was a normal standard opperarion in a 10k service. This however was going to cost me another 900 baht!

So currently i am expecting a bill of 3,400 if and when the car is finished. Jeez you think that they would have this stuff written down eh? Mind you, i have lived here long enough to keep exceptionally low expectations for any service oriented business here, but one would have thought if anyone could make these peopke work to a system the Japanese could. Sadly not.

BTW DON'T beleive all the bullshxt Mitsubishi spews out about their fuel ecconomy figures, its about 70% of their claims at best.

amazing stuff ; should have taken it in at 9900 and asked if there was a discount.