Living in Rayong?

PHP87

Central Festival could make a big difference. Nice place to hang out on a hot day! 5555555

it will that. LameThong covers the bases really well. Central will boost our options for shopping and eating bigtime. I'd imagine they'll have a lot travel up from Trat etc

Rayong is quite a nice place! But i have to admit that i am a " beach bum " and have been for the last 30 years of my life! The only thing Rayong is great for is The beach ! Kilometers of beach to walk along everyday and also good for swimming.I would prefer a more practical place to live such as Bangsaray ( just a few KM outside of Pattaya ) a bit more expensive and also a great beach.I know Thailand very well and have traveled by train to most parts. Chiang Mai is very cheap for housing ( a one bedroom house from 2,000 baht per month ) but I live an " outdoor lifestyle " here in Thailand and enjoy the sea to cool down after a long 15 KM stroll in the sun.( In Chiang Mai the only option was to " jump in the canal " ( not quite the same as the sea ) Also in Chiang Mai i found after 18.00 i was plagued with " mosquitos " ( and all there friends....)

I am currently living in Naklua ( Pattaya ) where i am a just a " gentle stroll to the beach " I have a small room with bathroom/shower & wifi & Sat TV all for just 2000 baht a month rent!

The only way to choose the best place to live is to spend a week there first and " test the water " You find that outside of the Cities ( excluding Bangkok ) The Thai people are much more friendlier! ( Most people in Pattaya are as " cold as ice " and the smiles are for " business use only " )

I have attached a few of my photos that were taken a while back when we spent the whole day walking the fab beaches of Rayong.

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

post-193254-0-39618400-1406860908_thumb.

post-193254-0-56099600-1406860942_thumb.

post-193254-0-84969400-1406860957_thumb.

The wifey and I stayed down there a few years back for a week or so along route 1001 in a small guesthouse, the beach there was nice, I had no problem getting in the water. Ban phe is a short drive from there too.

http://www.cpn.co.th/project_detail.aspx?menu=New_Project_Landing&id=12

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 year later...

I LIVE FAIRLY CLOSE TO RAYONG....SATTAHIP...AS OTHERS TELL YOU PROBABLY NOT BE THE PLACE YOUR HOPING FOR....

I CERTAINLY WOULD BE CONCERNED THE ENVIROMENT ...THAI TELL ME HAVE HIGH CASES CANCER THERE.

WHERE I LIVE IN MY CONDO HAVE PEOPLE WHO WORK OFF SHORE....BEEN HERE 12 YEARS THAILAND AND I HAVE FOUND BEST PLACE EVER....CALLED BANG SARAY...AWESOME BEACH.

LOVE IT HERE

post-244003-0-60699700-1439929716_thumb.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all - any chance of a follow-up and feedback from PHP87 and others like craigt3365. We recently moved 'south' away from CM and we are temporarily renting near Bangkok while we check out where to stay long term (next). The main reason I moved away from CM was the smoke haze every year - which is only getting worse (as are the annual hordes of Chinese). We have been looking at the Rayong area and other regions around Pataya mentioned by others in this post. I would be very interested and greateful for any further comments or thoughts from others about whether living in Rayong and other areas surrounding Pattaya is good in their opinion. We are retired and dont go to bars/clubs - like the beach and movies and restaurants (Thai et al) - we have a car to get around.

Hi all - any chance of a follow-up and feedback from PHP87 and others like craigt3365. We recently moved 'south' away from CM and we are temporarily renting near Bangkok while we check out where to stay long term (next). The main reason I moved away from CM was the smoke haze every year - which is only getting worse (as are the annual hordes of Chinese). We have been looking at the Rayong area and other regions around Pataya mentioned by others in this post. I would be very interested and greateful for any further comments or thoughts from others about whether living in Rayong and other areas surrounding Pattaya is good in their opinion. We are retired and dont go to bars/clubs - like the beach and movies and restaurants (Thai et al) - we have a car to get around.

Thanks YRAG - we are going to check out Chonburi/Rayong regions in a few weeks time - maybe Bang Sare included, but we have heard what you said several times from others. Will probably also look at the Chanthaburi area as well. Seems the further away from Bangkok/Pattaya the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Baan Chang is between Pattaya (40 km) and Rayong (25 km). We have been living there for 3 years, right on the beach. I can go to both Pattaya and Rayong on my motorbike. Just because there is nothing bigger than a Tesco Lotus around here. For a quiet life, Baan Chang is the place to be, much cheaper than Ban Saree. Nowadays, we would never have been able to buy a beach front house closer to Pattaya. You can rent a beach view house with 3-4 bedrooms for 15k/month. Or a decent house with garden in an older village, say 2 km from the beach, for 5 k/month. Most food is still 40b/dish etc.

Just look for the sub districts (tambon) of Baan Chang close to the beach, either Phala or Payuun.

My 20yo Thai stepson was just selected from the top of his class at a CM automotive trade school to go into factory training at a Honda facility in Rayong. I don't know the area, and I'm back in the US working to fund his and our other kids educations.

He is going to Rayong on short notice next week without knowing the area, and I'm not sure at this point if the program is providing him a room or not. So I am seeking advise from local expats on a decent guest house (and a motorcycle rental) that I can book to get him started for a month or so.

And what's the Honda factory like there, are they making cars, or motorcycles or both? And he said something about a new big-bike program that he may be getting trained in. Anybody know what's up with Honda there?

Thanks so much for any tips, Don

Archived