Phuket man, 20, dies after losing vicious duel

webfact

Phuket man, 20, dies after losing vicious duel
Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- A young man died bleeding on the roadside in Samkong in the early hours yesterday (July 20) when he lost a duel with an enemy.

Police later arrested an 18-year-old who lives close by. Because of his age they gave his name only as Chai.

Chai said that he had had a long-standing problem with the brother of the Noprit Chareurit, 20, the dead man.

He told police he called Noprit to see whether some solution could be reached. Noprit arrived and when Chai approached, punched him in the face.

Chai said he defended himself with his knife, slashing at Noprit and cutting the brachial artery in Noprit’s right arm.

Noprit ran away bleeding heavily towards Samkong Market, but only got about 200 meters before the loss of blood made him collapse. He died on the roadside.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-20-dies-after-losing-vicious-duel-47446.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-22

He 'defended' himself with his knife did he?

I'm sorry, but since when has a knife been for defence?.. If you ask me, a knife is for attack to inflict lethal wounds.

What the...? If you're attacked, you defend yourself. He didn't attack, according to the story. He was on defense.

He didn't attack, according to his story. And you carry a knife on you when you meet someone to sort out your problems?

• Like 2

You might believe his story...about defending himself by stabbing with a deadly weapon.

I would rather listen to some witness, before being absolutely sure he was just defending himself.

A knife is a deadly weapon, a punch is usually not (Unless the opposition is a professional Martial Arts type.)

A knife is a deadly weapon, a punch is usually not (Unless the opposition is a professional Martial Arts type.)

"King hit" or cowardly single punches are the norm on the streets of Australia.

• Like 2

I call to ban all knives! If it were not for the knife he had the young man would be alive today.

Young people have forgotten how to settle disputes....killing is not a option! RIP

Apparently it is an option, just open a news paper any day of the week

I call to ban all knives! If it were not for the knife he had the young man would be alive today.

Young people have forgotten how to settle disputes....killing is not a option! RIP

They would just 'duel' with spoons instead.

I have become pretty good with a spoon since moving to Thailand. Never get a knife in the restaurants I go to !!

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 2

You can "call" as much as you lie...but who's listening? You also forget, many Thais do not fight fairly, so if he did bring a knife he surely would have brought some mates. I'm actually surprised there's only two people involved, but then, maybe one was faster with a knife than the other.

Bullsh#t... it happens, but certainly not the "norm."

Yes they are, but when I spent six weeks in Perth late December to mid Feb there were something like five stabbing murders many if not all fuelled by chrystal meth. Kids in Aus now have knives in their cars and take knives to parties for self defence. I lament the loss of innocence of my beautiful country.

All you commentators all sound like pussy whipped little bunny huggers. I could end your presencs on earth with these, a book, small pencil, elastic band, hand hold or one inch punch. Cars ignition keys are the best, but ice workers wonders too and does not leave a trace.... it melts. Grow up or go back to you little mollycoddled homelands.

He 'defended' himself with his knife did he?

I'm sorry, but since when has a knife been for defence?.. If you ask me, a knife is for attack to inflict lethal wounds.

If you are attacked you can use anything to protect yourself. Knife gun wood. As you don't know what the attack shall produce. Have to end it quickly. Easy answer if don't attack people unless you are ready to face that you might lose and die

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Yes they are, but when I spent six weeks in Perth late December to mid Feb there were something like five stabbing murders many if not all fuelled by chrystal meth. Kids in Aus now have knives in their cars and take knives to parties for self defence. I lament the loss of innocence of my beautiful country.

Strange, I only know of 3 and no mention of crystal meth.

All you commentators all sound like pussy whipped little bunny huggers. I could end your presencs on earth with these, a book, small pencil, elastic band, hand hold or one inch punch. Cars ignition keys are the best, but ice workers wonders too and does not leave a trace.... it melts. Grow up or go back to you little mollycoddled homelands.

Grow up? That's rich coming from you.

• Like 2

Words fail me, life in Thailand is so cheap and I know things like this go on in the world, but there is not a day goes past that I do not read or view on the T.V. Something similar...

What's wrong with some young people ...???

Does he not realise that he has messed up his life and will spend his youth in Jail,....

Life is precious in all aspects... Enjoy it folks, as we never know when our lights will be switched off.

To the poor victim R.I.P.

Get rid of the guns. Then the knives. What's next - forks?

• Like 1

pathetic little would be hard man, grow a brain

Where did you learn all these elite skills, was that when you were in the Special Air Service?

• Like 1