Phuket man, 20, dies after losing vicious duel

I call to ban all knives! If it were not for the knife he had the young man would be alive today.

Young people have forgotten how to settle disputes....killing is not a option! RIP

Get rid of the guns. Then the knives. What's next - forks?

someone gets the death penalty and that is acceptable but of someone has been through the legal process and it has let them down then for some reason people say that person is wrong without knowing the full story.

If someone is coming at me with a knife. If i have gun, legal or not legal then i shall shoot as i can fight my case if i am alive but not if i am stabbed to death.

cannot ban guns. Thais have the right to pocess them and be licensed. As for Banned knives whats the point. i carry one with me all the time. not to protected myself they are just useful tools. cannot count how many times i have needed a knife or a friend has needed a knife to cut something

England hs a get tough on knife policy

but has it cut the amount of knife attacks down? no

because if people want to hurt someone then the knife is just an object just as a piece of wood metal or what no.

the person with the intension pr the pilot is the attacker and not the object

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All you commentators all sound like pussy whipped little bunny huggers. I could end your presencs on earth with these, a book, small pencil, elastic band, hand hold or one inch punch. Cars ignition keys are the best, but ice workers wonders too and does not leave a trace.... it melts. Grow up or go back to you little mollycoddled homelands.

Dear oh dear. Which book did you get that from, or was it 'YouTube'? In my experience, the people with the ability to carry out such actions are the ones least likely to talk about it. You come across as a typical 'Walt' (Walter Mitty).

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Any amount of force can be used to deter an attacker providing such force is proportionate. Its called 'self-defence'... Not 'self-defence providing you dont use a weapon or tool of any kind'...

A knife is not considered a weapon per se. However, anything used to attack or defend can be considered a weapon though.. It all depends on the skill set of the lawyer defending you in court and the extent to which they engage in semantics in your favour (or to your detriment)

If I seen an old lady down the street being attacked by a 'mugger', I could lawfully AND legally (lawful trumps legal), fleece her of her walking stick and clobber the perpetrator to the extent required to STOP his unlawful use of force.. is the walking stick a weapon? not until its used as such... I could be seen to be performing the same act as the old lady WOULD do, IF she could do it... The same goes for defending myself.. 'acting before your passion has time to cool', is another 'expression' used during the defense of an assault charge (often occasioning an act of self-defence) sometimes the assailant has the audacity to actually claim excessive force (which is then up to you to defend against).

Do I agree with the carrying of such items? That depends on where you live and the level of protection you believe you require. If I felt uneasy being in a particular area where I had no choice to be at the time I may consider some options, however, its not a good idea to bring any 'weapon' to a fight that you are not prepared to lose and have used against you.... tricky situation...

This is just my opinion based on personal experience, and I stand by my convictions.. Any attempts to sway my opinion will be ignored.... ;) cheers

He 'defended' himself with his knife did he?

I'm sorry, but since when has a knife been for defence?.. If you ask me, a knife is for attack to inflict lethal wounds.

What the...? If you're attacked, you defend yourself. He didn't attack, according to the story. He was on defense.

He didn't attack, according to his story. And you carry a knife on you when you meet someone to sort out your problems?

I carry a knife on me all the time, sometimes a gun.

Did it in the USA, do it in Thailand.

Many of my Thai pals also carry guns.

Fascinating reaction. A man punched me, so I cut him wide open, and killed him. Is it me, or does the youth these days seem to have lost their way? Why the over reaction? When I grew up if someone punched you, you hit them back. You just dukes it out, and walked away, after the fight was over. Why the thirst for blood? Is it the movies, or just a disconnection with reality? Are parents forgetting how to raise their children? Are they have kids while being woefully unprepared for the task?

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

When I was young, if someone punched you, you killed them.

He 'defended' himself with his knife did he?

I'm sorry, but since when has a knife been for defence?.. If you ask me, a knife is for attack to inflict lethal wounds.

What the...? If you're attacked, you defend yourself. He didn't attack, according to the story. He was on defense.

He didn't attack, according to his story. And you carry a knife on you when you meet someone to sort out your problems?

No, I carry a gun.

• Like 1