Marriage Visa

For marriage see this page on the UK embassy website and download the file with info about getting married and affirmation needed to do it. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-for-british-nationals-intending-to-marry-in-thailand

Are you asking about getting a non-o visa from an embassy or consulate or an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

• Like 1

And if previously divorced you will need the original divorce document. Current cost at UK embassy for a consular official to look at your paperwork and stamp said affidavit is just over 3,000b (about 3 minutes work) then off to get translated into Thai and off to get officially confirmed at Changwattana. A further 1,800b (translation company took documents to Changwattana) then when everything back off to the local Amphur office to get officially married (20b I think)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And if previously divorced you will need the original divorce document. Current cost at UK embassy for a consular official to look at your paperwork and stamp said affidavit is just over 3,000b (about 3 minutes work) then off to get translated into Thai and off to get officially confirmed at Changwattana. A further 1,800b (translation company took documents to Changwattana) then when everything back off to the local Amphur office to get officially married (20b I think)

thanks for the information.

my friend was not married before so no need for divorce papers.

In event of divorce 50% of everything purchased after marriage!

Zero if property is in another persons name or purchased in another persons name (i.e his son/daughter) just get a lifetime lease on the property, when he finally pass away up to your son/daughter what they do. Can always form a company and put property in the sole proprietor limited company´s name (he don´t own it..the business does!, again lifetime lease and pass the ownership on to whoever he likes!)

As for pension.. how to protect that no idea! I am Open to suggestions...!

so if he marry s a Thai lady in Thailand then she can claim 50% of his house/pension in UK?

so if he marry s a Thai lady in Thailand then she can claim 50% of his house/pension in UK?

To protect himself from his wife taking 50% of everything in the UK (not sure about how it works in Thailand) in case of divorce he can get a pre-nuptial agreement signed. Basically, the thai wife would be agreeing that in case of divorce she cannot lay claim to his UK assets (present or future) and at the same time, she does not bare responsibility for any of his debts. Of course, same applies to him. He cannot claim any of her assets and has no responsibility for her debts.

As the name suggests it's a pre-nuptial agreement so it needs to be done before they get married.

Edited by trigger571