Where to get a good night's sleep in Khon Kaen?

Ombra

The wife and I will be travelling from BKK to Nakhon Phanom next week, and we are thinking of spending one night in Khon Kaen. I looked at hotel reviews on TripAdvisor (which should be taken with a pinch of salt, of course), and many hotels were described as noisy Inside (thin walls, adjoining doors, etc) and outside (bars, nightclubs, street noise). I'd be very grateful if someone could recommend a quiet, comfortable hotel in or near Khon Kaen. I was hoping to pay around 1,500 for the night.

With thanks

Khon Kaen is kind of out of the way. Would you not be better stopping in Maha Sarakham, Roi-et, or Kalasin. If you chose Kalasin the Rim Phao is quiet and in that price range,maybe cheaper, but a little dated.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks to Bangon for suggesting the Ratchawadee Resort. I'll take a look at that. Thanks also to Issangeorge for the recommendation in Kalasin. However, we chose the roundabout route because we want to avoid the mountains.

We'll be making this trip regularly, so I think we'll stay at the Ratchawadee Resort this time and take a look at the KK Orchid while we are there. Thanks very much for the help.

• Like 1

The KK Orchid is indeed 790 baht a night for short stays although there are no facilities apart from a small coffee shop.

It is close to Central Plaza if you can manage the safe crossing of Mittaphap Road. 

And the couple that own it speak good English....well the lady does! tongue.png

Piman garden is nice and quiet, Kosa can be had for around 1000bt and very easy to just walk out of the door in the evening and explore the city, the ones mentioned are ok, but the orchid has little parking so if busy your car will be on the street, Ratchawadee is really nice but a little out of town.

The 'U' ... not too difficult to find -- multi story hotel with a lift.. clean nice ... double check wifi on your floor.. if not working they will change floors for you.  reasonable price - 

http://www.agoda.com/u-inn-hotel-khon-kaen/hotel/khon-kaen-th.html

I have stay there and it was a good experience.  Breakfast buffet included ... great if you like cold eggs - typical Thailand..

I would stay there again.. easy to find on the the main highway - not too far from the big mega mall

The Pullman has got to offer the best night's rest in KK. Really comfortable beds and you won't hear any street noise on one of the higher floors. Maybe a little more expensive than some but it helps to keep the riff-raff out 😉 Much, much better value than the nearby and similarly priced Kosa IMHO.

Piman garden is nice and quiet, Kosa can be had for around 1000bt and very easy to just walk out of the door in the evening and explore the city, the ones mentioned are ok, but the orchid has little parking so if busy your car will be on the street, Ratchawadee is really nice but a little out of town.

IT ALSO HAS THE BEST RESTAURANT IN kHON kAEN

Best in Khon Kaen? where piman,kosa or rachawadee ..on all three counts i would disagree the food is ok at the kosa steak house and ok at Ratchawadee resort nowhere near the best in Khon kaen.

In fact for the OP if you do stay at the ratchawadee the shank they do is generally good but the restaurant opposite is very good for Thai food and well known in the area also half way down the airport road is the Greenleaf restaurant which will satisfy all your farang food needs and also good for thai food but sometimes the service can be a little shot.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g297926-d2333467-Reviews-Greenleaf_Hydrofarm_Restaurant-Khon_Kaen_Khon_Kaen_Province.html

Best in Khon Kaen? where piman,kosa or rachawadee ..on all three counts i would disagree the food is ok at the kosa steak house and ok at Ratchawadee resort nowhere near the best in Khon kaen.

In fact for the OP if you do stay at the ratchawadee the shank they do is generally good but the restaurant opposite is very good for Thai food and well known in the area also half way down the airport road is the Greenleaf restaurant which will satisfy all your farang food needs and also good for thai food but sometimes the service can be a little shot.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g297926-d2333467-Reviews-Greenleaf_Hydrofarm_Restaurant-Khon_Kaen_Khon_Kaen_Province.html

Maybe you mistook what I was replying to - Piman Gardens has a restaurant called Phranakhon Restaurant, which has  the best Thai food  in Khon Kaen.   

Edited by Neeranam

• 3 weeks later...

I am the person who asked the question about KK, but I haven't yet had a chance to try any of the recommended hotels. That is because the wife asked a few of her friends and one of them recommended the Inpawa Hotel in Ban Phai.  She said it was quiet, comfortable, attractive, and good value for money, and she was right. Even though the hotel was almost full on the night we were there, we were not disturbed by noise from anywhere. The place is very nice and the staff were polite and helpful. On the trip back, though, I hope that the wife will agree to try the Rachawadee Hotel.