A Question For The Pros's (farang)

Art and Photography- Are we Prohibited?

It looks like photography is Prohibited in Category B by the Royal Decree? What about the other "arts" I see fabric printing is Ok, Does that include Batik? This list is a little vague to me. What about the other ART type occupations?

Can any Pros out there, shed some light on this?

Prohibited: A and B

Category B. 1. Agriculture Business: orchids, cultivation, animal husbandry including silk worm raising, timbering, fishing.

2. Industrial & Handicraft: Rice milling, Flour making, sugar, alcohol & non alcohol drinks, Ice cream, Pharmaceutical manufacturing, cold storage, timber, gold, silver and inlaid stone, wood carving, lacquer-ware, match making, cement etc, Dynamiting rocks, Manufacturing garments & shoes, Printing, newspaper publishing, silk weaving or silk printing, manufacture of finished products in silk.

3. Commercial: all retailing not in category C. Or trading not in Category C, selling food an drinks, trading of antiques & fine arts.

4 Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

5. Land, water & ie.  transport.

Category C. You are allowed to do the following. Exporting, all wholesale trades not in A & B. retiling machinery, equipment & tools, selling food, beverages that promote tourism. Industrial & handicraft Business: manufacturing animal feeds, vegetable oil extraction, textile manufacturing, dyeing, fabric printing, glass ware manufacturing, making plates and bowls, stationary & printing paper, rock salt mining, mining. 

Service: anything not in A or B.

?

I don't see any reference to photography?

I get my prints done commercially.

Other arts may be more problematic, if done on a commercial basis.

I doubt anyone is going to bother the amateur.

I wonder how dynamiting rocks, got in the middle of the list. :o

I don't see any reference to photography?

I get my prints done commercially.

Other arts may be more problematic, if done on a commercial basis.

I doubt anyone is going to bother the amateur.

4 Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

Yer 'tis, looks like professional photography is prohibited :D

--it MAY have something to do with the marble and granite industry.

On Foreign Photographer: I remember seeing an advertisement on service provided by a roving farang photographer--Don't know if she still comes here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a visa and work permit and my job title is PHOTOJOURNALIST. Strictly working as a commercial photographer is not allowed from what I understand.

Any publications have to "sponsor" you to get a WP? Do you work for any news agencies?

I see adverts all the time for "photographer's"....what about wedding's, advertising etc etc

Thanks in advance