How Sent € In Thailand ?

hello there,

I'm in france and i want to go and live in thailand, i need to do money transaction from france to thailand 2000 € per mouth, which the best way to proceed ? ( i make a seach, and so many topic about it but seem not i dont find what i need ... :(

- i think about western union but they are expensive and max 500 € ...

- i open thai bank account and : france bank --> thai bank ( possible ? )

or ... i think ( and sure ) that there are other possibility so all suggestion and experience are wellcome :)

pol123.

Before you travel set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank in France so that once here you can make transfers to your new Thai bank account, in euro, by the SWIFT system. You should be able to find a bank that can do this either with a phone call, fax, or internet request (most likely using a password that you set up before you leave). This is better to do every three months or so because the banks usually charge a fairly high wire transfer fee so it is best to transfer a large amount each time. You receive the very good "TT" rate of exchange here in Thailand when it is converted to Baht so for larger amounts this is the best system.

I send Euros from Italy in a bank to bank SWIFT transfer at very good rates.

1. Open a bank account in Thailand (I use Thai Farmer Bank - 'Kasikornthai').

2. Get the bank Thai bank to tell you there SWIFT code, this together with your account number is used to direct money direct to your account.

3. Send an initial small transfer to check that everything works OK

4. Always send Euros to Thailand to be Changed to Baht IN THAILAND - The Rates will be better.

5. Keep an eye on the exchange rates to ensure that you pick the best rates for transfers (I use X-RATES.COM)

I have sent Euros from a Dutch bank a/c that I have had for many years -ABN and have used swift on occasion with no problems.

I also have a "Wereldpas"ATM from them and again...easy although unlike say the UKs Nationwide Flex there is a transaction charge. :D

Exchange rates on my last transaction was a@ 50bt =1Euro but thei looks about the best at the moment..... :o

..Oanda..FX

Saturday, July 1, 2006

1 Euro = 48.65363 Thai Baht

1 Thai Baht (THB) = 0.02055 Euro (EUR)

Median price = 48.58064 / 48.65363 (bid/ask)

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking into similar transfers on a monthly basis and found some info here:

www.thailandmoneytransfer.com

Has anyone ever used a rechargeable card like the IMT one mentioned there? I only want to be able to get cash out at ATMs so don't want all the hassle of setting up a bank account etc

Thanks