Total Farang Idiots

lostsoul49

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see you dont have to go to a bar to find them,

there are many on here

I don't know mate but surely you can agree that the older generation of slappers was way less mercenary than what you find nowadays in the bars.

• Like 2

well as you know, i had a few weeks work near patts and stayed there, and i thought the class of girl had gone down hill from my days there,,lol

there used to be some little darlings, now theres some about my bloody age,,lol

I just come home from having a couple of post dinner beers in a popular farang bar in Korat city

Man I got lumbered with this guy from London who has been here 30 years, and views everyone who has entered Thailand in the last 10 years as being married to whores and they should not be here.

I worked him into the ground.... This guy was probably the worst farang I have ever met in all my 5 years in Thailand.

Not only did he hit on farang that were 10 years or less, but he hates all Americans here, and also hates all UK people whether thay are expat or living in their homeland.

He made no secret of it, and it took the owner of the bar to hold me back several times from flattening this idiot,

It wasn't easy for me... this guy is about 70 yeas old, but I was so fired up by this idiot, I couldn't give a shit.

The only reason I didn't smack this prick up and down the road was the owner of the bar doesn't need the bad publicity.

Man...... it was so hard.

If I see him again, I am not going to be so accommodating.

Have any of you met idiots like this.??????

He sounds very, very constipated. Not being able to generate regular bowel movements can make a man bitter, angry, and negative. He just sounds like a sour grape. My take on the way we age, evolve, and grow as human beings, is that in order to be able to overcome the ravages of aging, and the indignities that come along with that process, we have to do some inner work and reflection, in order to not become what this poor, pathetic soul has become.

So. The real question is, why did you not just get up and walk away? Why listen to this clown? There are bitter, disenfranchised men all over the world. Why lend them an ear? Just say, I am thrilled I do not have to live in your heart and mind. I am thrilled to have a reasonably healthy perspective on life. I am thrilled not to be you! See ya, but I wouldn't want to be ya. And walk away. The way I look at it, I probably only have about 30 years left in this life, if I am lucky. That is only about 360 months. That does not allow for even one evening with a sour puss like this poor guy. Not even an hour.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

well as you know, i had a few weeks work near patts and stayed there, and i thought the class of girl had gone down hill from my days there,,lol

there used to be some little darlings, now theres some about my bloody age,,lol

And if you would have looked closer.....they were the once...young ones from your past.

• Like 1

Instead of being tempted to beat up poor old 70 year olds,why not just ignore him.and drink up your beer,call him a choice name and go?

And how old are you? probably too young to beat up Old Age Pensioners!

I am 50

and this guy seems full of life covered in tattoos.

Like that scares me...... not

No, you are a real hero.

The 70 yo has probably been winding folk up all his life,not bothered if he get's a smack or not!!!...It's not difficult to do ,just cast off with a few leading statements ,there's always some fool willing to bite.whistling.gif

The 70 yo has probably been winding folk up all his life,not bothered if he get's a smack or not!!!...It's not difficult to do ,just cast off with a few leading statements ,there's always some fool willing to bite.whistling.gif

You're like the travelling wildebeest.

All wilderbeest travel...What's your point ?

It was just a joke....calm down....etc....

It was just a joke....calm down....etc....

Hilarious!

• Like 1

All jokes aside, I would have just walked off and left him to it

I would have loved to do that, but it meant a 6 KM walk home.

No way was I doing that just for this prick.

He has probably changed my view of all long termers in Thailand, and I really don't like that.

But now I am suspicious.

I think next time I will just flatten the idiot.

This guy was probably the worst farang I have ever met in all my 5 years in Thailand.

The only reason I didn't smack this prick up and down the road was the owner of the bar doesn't need the bad publicity.

If I see him again, I am not going to be so accommodating.

Yea, rite mate, I`ll give it some agro, put the boot in, right.

This is the pot calling the kettle black.

You are also the type of farang I would l hate to meet or have as a neighbor. Just another ex-pat who is unable to lose that western British aggression and not able to adapt to the softly, softly attitudes in Thailand, not realising that you are no longer in the UK shouting all the odds in the pubs with your mates.

In situations like these, in which I have been unfortunate to have come across on my travels here over the years here, I just say; well; all the best, smile, then turn my back and walk away or go and sit in another part of the bar, it`s that simple. No one was forcing you at gunpoint to speak with that other genius. If you are unable to do that, not able to control your emotions and your temper, than you are a worse thug than the guy you are complaining about.

Get a life and let things like this wash over your head, other wise one day you are going to bring a lot of trouble upon yourself here. Thrust me on this one.

Indeed. That type of expat I try to stay away from. Not like back in the UK where most bar brawls or fights generally end up with a black eye and maybe a night in a cell. In Thailand things go from calm to ultra violence way too fast. Better off being around more level headed people imo.

I was thinking of the Travelling Wilburry's, but then perhaps not...............

• Like 2

I was thinking of the Travelling Wilburry's, but then perhaps not...............

I think it passed him by....which is probably what the OP would have dreamed of......you'll want to walk alone.......or drink at least.

Did the bar have no doors that you could have walked out of? Is there only one bar in Korat?

I too wondered that.

Was the bar so small too that he could not find another table or part of the bar to sit at?

Yes, it sounds like he is a grumpy old turd, there are a few about, a few not so old ones too. No one is forcing the OP or us to listen to them.

Maybe the OP is a masochist?

I wouldn't think that this situation is in anyway alien to you. Since you obviously couldn't defeat him intellectually you resorted or tried resorting to violence instead of just moving to another table or phoning your GF to tell her to meet you somewhere else.

Some people can smell fear others ignorance and stupidity.

I suggest you get a copy of Conversing with Old Farts For Dummies.

Otherwise ask your Doctor for a Valium prescription. Just tell him Thailand winds you up big time and you are afraid you are going to hurt someone. He's heard it all before.

• Like 1

We have all meet some one we don't like or would like to belt but, Why couldn't you just move to another part of the bar?

and you had to be restrained by the owner several times, and this guy is 70 years old, what's wrong with you? HE'S 70, it really doesn't matter what he said.

Now if he was 20/30 years old then you could give it a crack, but hey man hands off the pensioners!!!

• Like 2

To the OP

Mate this is the main problem in Thailand. Nothing gets flattened out. You will see extreme examples of about everything because the Thai let them do, they don't fight or tell something negativ they just say yes and go on with their own life.

I agree the old fart would have been kicked years ago allready in a western country, but in Korat they let him go.

The further you stay away from the big city the more strange guys and things you will see. It can be worse than Korat, at least they have bars there.