Total Farang Idiots

lostsoul49

May I suggest you hang out with electrical engineers rather than farang pensioners who spend their days in bars in North-East Thailand. You will find the proportion of a***holes is far, far lower.

One problem there. Sparks are the most boring people on earth haha

Only because they predominantly originaaait from Yorkir' 'an 'ave a proper groundin'... ahem (ancestrally of the afore-said county).

In any case - you'll find comugins wherever you go. I understand your lividness; I take the same offence at remarks like: "couldn't find an English wife" etc. You simply have to take the higher ground - those who give blanket statements are generally either ignorant or (as I suspect in this instance) embittered.

Poor old fart who either can't get laid, or after seeing what he married doesn't want to - his problem, don't make it yours.

In most cases where I can't escape idiots like this, I disengage the emotion chip (ref. Mr. Data, i.e "Trekkie") and simply ask open questions in order to obliterate the objection whilst finding the route cause of the pradagglement. Once you've got the idiot to isolate the cause of his/her "issue", there is no need to comment - they should realise for themselves what twot they've been talking; reserve yourself to a self-satisfied (possibly a little smug) magnanimous smile.

• Like 2

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest you hang out with electrical engineers rather than farang pensioners who spend their days in bars in North-East Thailand. You will find the proportion of a***holes is far, far lower.

One problem there. Sparks are the most boring people on earth haha

Only because they predominantly originaaait from Yorkir' 'an 'ave a proper groundin'... ahem (ancestrally of the afore-said county).

In any case - you'll find comugins wherever you go. I understand your lividness; I take the same offence at remarks like: "couldn't find an English wife" etc. You simply have to take the higher ground - those who give blanket statements are generally either ignorant or (as I suspect in this instance) embittered.

Poor old fart who either can't get laid, or after seeing what he married doesn't want to - his problem, don't make it yours.

In most cases where I can't escape idiots like this, I disengage the emotion chip (ref. Mr. Data, i.e "Trekkie") and simply ask open questions in order to obliterate the objection whilst finding the route cause of the pradagglement. Once you've got the idiot to isolate the cause of his/her "issue", there is no need to comment - they should realise for themselves what twot they've been talking; reserve yourself to a self-satisfied (possibly a little smug) magnanimous smile.

Yeah i agree with what you said. The OP could easily have walked away from the bitter old ball sack

Instead of being tempted to beat up poor old 70 year olds,why not just ignore him.and drink up your beer,call him a choice name and go?

And how old are you? probably too young to beat up Old Age Pensioners!

Garbage - being 70 doesn't excuse you from basic civility.

They guy was at the very least needing his card marked.

I did meet one guy of a similar profile, the aggressive "gangster" type.

I'm not going through the whole story, just be rest assured that he was talking through a hole in his a**e.

What entertained me was that he got threatening with me.

Yup - actually threatened me a few times.

So I rag-dolled him.

There wasn't a punch in him - he was just needing a little reminder of how to behave in polite company.

A few of you old guys could be doing with a good rag-dolling.

Now before you start moaning - I did give him credit for his age.

If a young guy threatened me he'd have been done on the spot.

I let this old clown threaten me about six times before he got dolled.

And he was warned to behave.

He deserved it.

After reading these postings here, I start to agree with the old man......

Weeeeeeeeeell, I had the displeasure of being at a very nice party where a farang, around late sixties, was present. Pony tail, open shirt, mouthing off how great he was to be English to all the Thais (I am English). I later found out this prat told another English guy how ugly his lady was. w00t.gif

Now I am an old guy but I would have done something if I heard it. There is a bigger story but ..................

Prats are out there, unfortunately.......sad.png

• Like 1

Instead of being tempted to beat up poor old 70 year olds,why not just ignore him.and drink up your beer,call him a choice name and go?

I'm not going through the whole story, just be rest assured that he was talking through a hole in his a**e.

So I rag-dolled him.

There wasn't a punch in him - he was just needing a little reminder of how to behave in polite company.

He deserved it.

Another hero.

Or any hard working farangs or Thais.

Always the same: People hang out with bar girls, pimps, old drunks without jobs and than complain that these aren't the best people on the planet.

• Like 1

So I rag-dolled him.

He deserved it.

I'm sure you and the OP would make good friends,and have lots in common to talk about!

One more thread confirming that my decision to take the oath was a good idea (for me at least, your mileage may vary).

Strangely, I very rarely run into anyone like that since I quit going to bars.

Makes me wonder what it was that I enjoyed about them.

Edited by impulse

One more thread confirming that my decision to take the oath was a good idea (for me at least, your mileage may vary).

Strangely, I very rarely run into anyone like that since I quit going to bars.

Makes me wonder what it was that I enjoyed about them.

You don't have to be in a bar to meet these folk. I met my worst "my countryman" in a very nice restaurant...........sad.png Unfortunately the guy had never been in a nice restaurant......facepalm.gif

• Like 1

One can only apologise, on behalf of the UK, and point out that most Brits aren't like this one. wai2.gif

It's probably stating the obvious to say that, for some of our former-colonies to have plonkers as citizens, we necessarily had some to export there, whether as convicts or free-emmigrants.

Unfortunately not all of them went !

So we still produce these types, and in this modern age, some still escape Border-Control & settle elsewhere, including Thailand.

One makes allowances for age/mental-condition/sad-life-experiences, and the fact that older generations were less-well-educated/globally-oriented/politically-correct, than our own.

And even we aren't perfect, although obviously present company comes close to it. rolleyes.gif

My own particular favourite, is the typical-expat who sits (often but not exclusively in Pattaya) & bemoans the prevalence of immigrants 'back home', seemingly oblivious of the fact the he himself is now an immigrant or economic-migrant, here in LOS. facepalm.gif

Nothing like introducing a little Pattaya bashing into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the city, eh Captain Hyphenation ? BTW, there's only one 'm' in emigrant - clearly, standards have slipped at Harrow.

"Captain Hyphenation", or should that be 'Captain-Hyphenation', to emphasize the point ? biggrin.png

Sadly, I was only a humble grammar-school boy, albeit attending a 400-year-old one, and my English O-level wasn't top-flight either. My spelling is often novel, but so also IMO is TV's spell-checker, I suspect it's from the Land-of-the-Free ? wai2.gif

Regarding Patters, I would wish to reassure you that I do quite enjoy the place and its denizens, on my occasional visits. Always good for a chat or a joke. And you should hear my occasional singing, when down there, I'm banned at home for some reason ! whistling.gif

Edited by Ricardo

BTW..... I have never met a Thai like this idiot

There is your answer - go to a Thai bar next time.

The fact that you won't understand anyone there and they will not be interested in you - maybe even hostile - is irrelevant.

Enjoy the Thai atmosphere and slag off other Farangs.

OP, you are such a tough guy. Stating multiple times how you wanted to hit an elderly man.

I mena, does words hurt you? Did he even physicaly hurt you in any way? No? So what is this about? It must be his words that hurt your feelings of glass.

OP, you are such a tough guy. Stating multiple times how you wanted to hit an elderly man.

I mena, does words hurt you? Did he even physicaly hurt you in any way? No? So what is this about? It must be his words that hurt your feelings of glass.

Suppose I am 68 please tell me why I as a coffin dodger shouldnt hit a fellow coffin dodger?

This <deleted> needs knocking down.

• Like 1

Blow an air horn in his ear. I've worked in many bars, and I can tell you, people like that old fart will follow you around all night. So, getting away is not an option. And, why should the OP move to satisfy a bitter person? Being old is not a get-out-of jail-free card. Respect is earned, not given because of age. As The Duke once said, "You don't have to respect your elders, but you do have to respect your betters."

It is the bar managers' job to get rid of this clown

Edited by sdanielmcev
  • Like 1

I think I would rather end up stuck with the moaning old f@rt than some guy who gets so uptight he wants to knock out a seventy year old man just for moaning

sorry.gif

To be fair, he insulted the OP's wife.

But I get your point otherwise....I'd rather be stuck with an old moaner than an over-sensitive American jerk vvanker. Not that all Americans are...but one or two are.

Edited by Seastallion

Yes, no doubt that you beating him up would have made him change all of his opinions and the world would become a better place.

You said he insulted your wife before she arrived. Had you or her ever met him before? If not, how can you possibly take this joker seriously?

Suppose I am 68 please tell me why I as a coffin dodger shouldnt hit a fellow coffin dodger?

This <deleted> needs knocking down.

Let us hope that if you get to be a"Coffin Dodger" there are more compassionate people and less potentially violent ones around you!

Edited by MAJIC

Some, and I am not suggesting it happened here use there senior years to take advantage and cause abuse feeling safe that as an "old man" they are unlikely come to any physical harm.

"use there senior years to take advantage and cause abuse feeling safe that as an "old man" they are unlikely to come to any physical harm".

Sadly that may have once applied,nowadays the elderly people are easy victims for the cowardly psychopaths.