Suspects involved in the brutal attack of an Australian man have their passports confiscated by the

Lite Beer

I only carry copies of my docs.  Some only carry digital copies on their phones.

Losing the real deal would be much worse than anything a cop can dole out assuming it IS illegal not to carry one's original docs w/them.

Isn't it illegal for a falang to NOT carry his passport?

Edited by emanphoto

"The two men did appear in court however the heavy luggage they were carrying suggested they had flown in purely to make the appearance, and are not actually residing in Koh Samui. It later became clear the permanent address they had given the court was in fact the address of their lawyer’s office in Samui and not a residential dwelling."

False address, flight risk, is this perjury? I would lock them up AND their lawyer for "aiding and abetting" these thugs. Sound like spoiled American brats. Perhaps a side trip to Singapore would be in order for a good caning session, then return here to monkey house.

• Like 2

I read a lot of this and did not see what Nationality, I saw American High School in Shanghai, are they Chinese ?

As for the attack on the Camera man in most countries that is a Simple Battery, a Felony.

• Like 1

"The two men did appear in court however the heavy luggage they were carrying suggested they had flown in purely to make the appearance, and are not actually residing in Koh Samui. It later became clear the permanent address they had given the court was in fact the address of their lawyer’s office in Samui and not a residential dwelling."

False address, flight risk, is this perjury? I would lock them up AND their lawyer for "aiding and abetting" these thugs. Sound like spoiled American brats. Perhaps a side trip to Singapore would be in order for a good caning session, then return here to monkey house.

The report indicates they attended an American school in Shanghai not that they are American. They could be of any nationality.

Aussie kids partying here are particularly vunerable.  In the nightclubs back in the nanny state of Australia there are real bouncers and laws such as the responsible service of alcohol to protect youth from themselves.  Young lads drink and act tuff back in Australia, lots of argy bargy, but rarely does anything get out of hand (although it does from time to time).

Problem here though is that young aussie lads and lasses arrive here for the full moon parties and other festivities totally unaware to the fact that in Thailand there is no policing or regulation of violent behaviour.  There are just a few CCTV cameras...that often don't work.

Be warned, if you are a young Aussie lad or lass planning to come to Thailand to party.  If someone (or a gang) wants to smash your face to a pulp just for fun, no one will be there to help you.  NO ONE...

Great that channel 7 arrived from Australia to make the court proceedings more public.  Does anyone have a link to a clip of the chinese father snapping off the mic on the sound boom?

Hello to Jack's mum.  If you happen to read this thread may I suggest that you contact both Purdue and Cornell Universities and get the contact details for the editors of their respective campus news papers.  You can then put together a press release with relevant links suggesting that the papers warn their student bodies that two violent young men may soon enrol on campus and that other students should take care to avoid them so as to minimise the risk of being assualted.  You may also like to suggest that perhaps the attack on Jack was racially motivated and also inform the campus newspapers that perhaps these Chinese lads like to gang up to beat white boys.  That should put them on the back foot if they want to study in America.

Are there any white supremacy groups located close to Purdue or Cornell?  They might also be interested to know when the Chinese lads arrive in their towns...

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Why are the authorities so selective with regard to names /pictures. I doubt very much if these perpetrators were "Falang" as if so history would have them splashed all over the newspapers with pointing fingers.. Dual Standards

• Like 1

Aussie kids partying here are particularly vunerable.  In the nightclubs back in the nanny state of Australia there are real bouncers and laws such as the responsible service of alcohol to protect youth from themselves.  Young lads drink and act tuff back in Australia, lots of argy bargy, but rarely does anything get out of hand (although it does from time to time).

Problem here though is that young aussie lads and lasses arrive here for the full moon parties and other festivities totally unaware to the fact that in Thailand there is no policing or regulation of violent behaviour.  There are just a few CCTV cameras...that often don't work.

Be warned, if you are a young Aussie lad or lass planning to come to Thailand to party.  If someone (or a gang) wants to smash your face to a pulp just for fun, no one will be there to help you.  NO ONE...

Great that channel 7 arrived from Australia to make the court proceedings more public.  Does anyone have a link to a clip of the chinese father snapping off the mic on the sound boom?

Hello to Jack's mum.  If you happen to read this thread may I suggest that you contact both Purdue and Cornell Universities and get the contact details for the editors of their respective campus news papers.  You can then put together a press release with relevant links suggesting that the papers warn their student bodies that two violent young men may soon enrol on campus and that other students should take care to avoid them so as to minimise the risk of being assualted.  You may also like to suggest that perhaps the attack on Jack was racially motivated and also inform the campus newspapers that perhaps these Chinese lads like to gang up to beat white boys.  That should put them on the back foot if they want to study in America.

Are there any white supremacy groups located close to Purdue or Cornell?  They might also be interested to know when the Chinese lads arrive in their towns...

"Are there any white supremacy groups located close to Purdue or Cornell?"

Perhaps you can send some from your chapter?

"They might also be interested to know when the Chinese lads arrive in their towns..."

How do you know they are Chinese?

• Like 1

I would think that the mother & father know what nationality the 2 accused are. Could anyone chime in and let us know.

I kind of doubt that they were Thai, more likely Chinese.

We should also consider that they have not yet been convicted of anything, and there is a possibility that they may not even be the same persons who committed the act in the first place. Mistakes have been known to occur in cases where there is much pressure to find the perpetrators quickly.

I guess with the Court order in the pocket there is no issue. Anyhow, soon they will not need those passports anymore... They will get a great time in jail we all hope... Thai jail, maybe Nakorn Si Thamarat... I am sure they would enjoy some white boys there... Som nam na!

Hope the father is charged with damaging property. Maybe he wants to join his son in the monkey house.

The monkey house refers to prison I believe, the son is not being prosecuted so he will not be in the monkey house only the hospital, where are you coming from.

I would think that the mother & father know what nationality the 2 accused are. Could anyone chime in and let us know.

We should also consider that they have not yet been convicted of anything, and there is a possibility that they may not even be the same persons who committed the act in the first place. Mistakes have been known to occur in cases where there is much pressure to find the perpetrators quickly.

Yes that is very true.  But the lads mum has seen the video and the suspects in court.  She will know full well if they have the right lads and their nationality.

I agree that with the victim's mother breathing down their necks, and being a big news story, the police were under pressure to get a quick result ...

... but, the article does say:

... After being arrested the pair admitted the charges and were let out on bail on condition that they proved a permanent address in Thailand and later came to an agreement with the court for their passports to be returned allowing them essential travel from Thailand.

There's no suggestion, that they were made to confess to something they didn't commit, so it looks hopeful.

Generally, if the passport is confiscated, an official receipt is given that denotes the date, location, authority of the agency holding the passport and status.

By the way, CAPS denotes shouting.

I guess with the Court order in the pocket there is no issue. Anyhow, soon they will not need those passports anymore... They will get a great time in jail we all hope... Thai jail, maybe Nakorn Si Thamarat... I am sure they would enjoy some white boys there... Som nam na!
Interesting and crude.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hope the father is charged with damaging property. Maybe he wants to join his son in the monkey house.

The monkey house refers to prison I believe, the son is not being prosecuted so he will not be in the monkey house only the hospital, where are you coming from.

"Faced with a camera crew outside the court, the father of one of the suspects..."

• Like 1

What is the problem with real bouncers and laws and nanny state? Surely gives a better chance of good behaviour than where "nanny state" does not exist.

• Like 1

The report indicates they attended an American school in Shanghai not that they are American. They could be of any nationality.

My bad. I hoped against hope I could for once slam Americans about things Americans actually did. Drat! I'm American, btw...

Good luck to the lad. Hope he recovers quickly, and not only his looks but his confidence and trust in travelling in the world. And good on his mum for being a proper harridan and forcing action through!

I also wonder if the new NCOP has had some influence on ensuring the attackers didn't get to buy their way out. From the speeches of General Prayuth, an impressive and patently honest man, the police are being pulled more into line with the idea of justice instead of  wallets - along with a few other government departments. It won't be the end of cheque book vs justice, but it seems it is not as easy as even a year ago to buy your way out.

But once again we see people with lots of money thinking they are above the law and can fix anything bad that their offspring do.

Well played Mrs. Hansen and hope these scumbags get an appropriate sentence and not allowed to somehow "influence" leniency.

Looks indeed like the apple does not fall far from the tree. The father taught them well. Now, he has to fly across the world, to witness the fruits of his "education". What amazes me about this story, is that they were caught. Goes to show you what the police here can accomplish when they are motivated. Now, the real question is, will this get past the fabulously corrupt prosecutor, and the equally corrupt judges? Many independent, international organizations cite them as the primary reason why Thailand has so little respect in the world community, when it comes to the rule of law and order. Many of us would love to see the military address this major problem.

Edited by spidermike007

This happens in every city / town in the UK every weekend far more than it ever happens on Samui. Far more. Good to see the police doing a good job. As prisons go here in Thailand Samui,s is supposed to be a good one. As good as it is supposed to be I would still rather not see it from the wrong side of the visitor window.

• Like 1

"The two men did appear in court however the heavy luggage they were carrying suggested they had flown in purely to make the appearance, and are not actually residing in Koh Samui. It later became clear the permanent address they had given the court was in fact the address of their lawyers office in Samui and not a residential dwelling."

Are they American brats or Chinese brats who attend an American school.
  • Like 1