Suspects involved in the brutal attack of an Australian man have their passports confiscated by the

Lite Beer

I read a lot of this and did not see what Nationality, I saw American High School in Shanghai, are they Chinese ?

As for the attack on the Camera man in most countries that is a Simple Battery, a Felony.

Battery on a camera ?  Not on the cameraman.  Wrongful destruction of property perhaps. TIT, I doubt anything other than paying for the broken equipment is in order.

The Aussie lad got lucky he wasn't dealing with Thai lads.

Hope the father is charged with damaging property. Maybe he wants to join his son in the monkey house.

Actually I know one of the crew. She posted a few days ago about this. She and her crew were threatened with 3 months in jail if they didn't leave after that incident.

No idea about if the father was charged. Doubt it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hope the father is charged with damaging property. Maybe he wants to join his son in the monkey house.

The monkey house refers to prison I believe, the son is not being prosecuted so he will not be in the monkey house only the hospital, where are you coming from.

Did you read the story? 

"Faced with a camera crew outside the court, the father of one of the suspects immediately approached the camera man and angrily snapped the microphone off the professional camera equipment, before entering the court building."

Aussie kids partying here are particularly vunerable.  In the nightclubs back in the nanny state of Australia there are real bouncers and laws such as the responsible service of alcohol to protect youth from themselves.  Young lads drink and act tuff back in Australia, lots of argy bargy, but rarely does anything get out of hand (although it does from time to time).

Problem here though is that young aussie lads and lasses arrive here for the full moon parties and other festivities totally unaware to the fact that in Thailand there is no policing or regulation of violent behaviour.  There are just a few CCTV cameras...that often don't work.

Be warned, if you are a young Aussie lad or lass planning to come to Thailand to party.  If someone (or a gang) wants to smash your face to a pulp just for fun, no one will be there to help you.  NO ONE...

Great that channel 7 arrived from Australia to make the court proceedings more public.  Does anyone have a link to a clip of the chinese father snapping off the mic on the sound boom?

Hello to Jack's mum.  If you happen to read this thread may I suggest that you contact both Purdue and Cornell Universities and get the contact details for the editors of their respective campus news papers.  You can then put together a press release with relevant links suggesting that the papers warn their student bodies that two violent young men may soon enrol on campus and that other students should take care to avoid them so as to minimise the risk of being assualted.  You may also like to suggest that perhaps the attack on Jack was racially motivated and also inform the campus newspapers that perhaps these Chinese lads like to gang up to beat white boys.  That should put them on the back foot if they want to study in America.

Are there any white supremacy groups located close to Purdue or Cornell?  They might also be interested to know when the Chinese lads arrive in their towns...

What is the problem with real bouncers and laws and nanny state? Surely gives a better chance of good behaviour than where "nanny state" does not exist.

white supremacy groups ha ha why would they come to Thailand ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app