Moonlight Buffet Jomtien

chris2004

For those that haven't tried it i went to the Moonlight buffet the other night at the top of Rompho market Jomtien. I thought it was very good 179 baht for all you can eat including beef, whole fish, prawns, pork, chicken etc. A nice venue as well with parking right beside it and live music. Plenty of bars nearby. No need to go into Pattaya.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. I mentioned this place a few weeks ago before it opened and have been wanting to try it since then. I will certainly go at some point soon. I walked past it a couple of times since it opened and as you mention it seemed to be nicer than many of those places, and the live music was pleasant and not raucous.

I thought it was sub par to the other buffets I have been to. The one by Big C (Suhkumvit) has a lot more variety and do the others I have been to. I don't plan to go back.

I find most of these buffets to be about the same in terms of variety. I mean apart from beef, pork, chicken, liver, fish, prawns, crab, rice, chips, salad, papaya, ice cream etc what more can you want.

• Like 1

One advantage for me of the Rompho one is that it is walking distance from my condo. If I get the car out then I find the one at the top of North Road to be very good, but it is quite a long drive.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (remember those or are you too young) where is the other one not at Rompho please?

Almost exactly opposite the North Road bus station.

I might give this a a try, but more info please. It is air-conned? Does it get busy? Car parking ok? How much is it? Do they have live music too? and would it be ok to take kids? Thanks.

No air-con (do any of these cheap Thai BBQ buffet places have that?). Decent parking area behind the building. Yes, busy with Thais and Russians etc. Many families as in all these places. One time there was some music that I didnt like, another time was quiet. I think I paid 300B for a big beer and food and the charcoal and the ice and a glass and the other things they generally add on to the advertised price (TIT). Very similar to many other places in town of the same type, most of which are pretty busy with Thais and so presumably cant be too bad either.

No air-con (do any of these cheap Thai BBQ buffet places have that?). Decent parking area behind the building. Yes, busy with Thais and Russians etc. Many families as in all these places. One time there was some music that I didnt like, another time was quiet. I think I paid 300B for a big beer and food and the charcoal and the ice and a glass and the other things they generally add on to the advertised price (TIT). Very similar to many other places in town of the same type, most of which are pretty busy with Thais and so presumably cant be too bad either.

Ok thanks, I think I'll give it a go.

I went to the Danmark hotel for breakfast today for the first time, thought it was very decent and good value. It's a bit pokey in there though.

I went to the Danmark hotel for breakfast today for the first time, thought it was very decent and good value. It's a bit pokey in there though.

I generally sit outside which I find quite pleasant. Also good exercise walking to/from the food.

• Like 1