Work Permit and multiple entries

Hi

Currently I'm studying and volunteering on occasion teaching in a public school in Thailand on a multi entry non O visa.

My visa expires next year.

The school has hinted they would like me to work part time (about 70%) next year for two terms. I am interested in visiting countries bordering Thailand during that time. My question is would acquiring a work permit restrict me from re-entering Thailand regularly as I explore nearby countries? Furthermore should/would my current visa be extended, and if so, does the multi entry status continue as well? Is the non O visa OK to extend coupled with a work permit, or would I be required to get a non B?

Thx.

No, in fact you should already have a work permit as you volunteer.

You have your non-O visa based on volunteering. On that one a work permit is issued and for volunteering required.

Most offices will allow you to change your reason of stay to a non-B, for which of course a work permit is required as you will be working. No work permit, no extension of stay. (That includes for based on volunteering).

Some immigration offices might send you abroad, as they refuse to do a change of reason of extension based upon volunteering.