Dutch Buddhist Munk Visiting

Limbo

For those who remember him endangering Chiang Rai traffic on his Yamaha Serow more than seven years ago:

Last week Phra Kunangkaro Bikkhu paid a visit to Chiang Rai again, more specific to Doi Saken, where he stayed for a longer period some years ago.

In a little bit more than a week he will enter his 8th Khao Panza, probably in a monastery in Northern India, the area where the Lord Buddha lived.

Earlier Khao Panza's he spent at Doi Saken, Wat Suan Mokk and temples in Koh Samui, Chiang Saen, Burma, Sri Lanka and Amsterdam.

He is in good spirit!

He is a wandering munk and walking barefoot with twelve kilo's heavy munk equipment takes its toll. He doesn't complain, but his sore, infected feet are a problem. I bought him, under his protest, some good sandals.

I wish him luck!

Limbo :o

Phra Kunangkaro Bikkhu at Doi Saken (at the road to Wiang Chai)

post-6305-1151841723_thumb.jpg post-6305-1151841688_thumb.jpg post-6305-1151841654_thumb.jpg

Is he going to walk to northern India?

No, he isn't. When he was in Burma he tried to find out if this was possible. It isn't.

The Burmese authorities are not exceptionally friendly towards foreign munks. It looks as if they take the possibility into account that they are spies in disguise. They granted him only a limited freedom of movement.

Furthermore foreigners have to leave Birma at the same spot of entrance and that counts for munks too. He was also warned that the mountainious 'no-mans-land' that he would have to cross was too dangerous.

Limbo :o

That's too bad. I guess it would be a long way to walk around Burma. I guess that pacing up and down the airplane aisle would not count as walking somewhere, would it. I guess you can wander via airplane.

Good luck and best wishes to your friend the monk.

Chownah

As i allways believed the theory of becoming a monk was to ban all comfort because any desire creates suffering to the human mind. :D

Then can someone please explane to me why in the BTS (bangkok skytrain) they have signs asking people to stand up for monks. :o