BANGKOK
camerata

Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

11 hours ago, onthemoon said:

No. They upgraded the Autochannel system before the Corona crisis, and the new software works only with Thai passports. They couldn't tell me when we can use it again, but I haven't travelled since early March, so I didn't follow up since then.

The old one was pretty iffy too. Sometimes closed and often didn't read the my fingerprints in Thai passport.  Cheap devices like mobile phones never had any problem reading them.  There are many reports of corruption regarding the new system. So I fear the worst.

14 hours ago, Arkady said:

The old one was pretty iffy too. Sometimes closed and often didn't read the my fingerprints in Thai passport.  Cheap devices like mobile phones never had any problem reading them.  There are many reports of corruption regarding the new system. So I fear the worst.

I agree (and did on the time, too) that the old system was not exactly state-of-the-art. So I was quote happy to hear that they have a new system. I am not familiar with the TOR in the bidding/contract, so I don't even know whether or when they will have to include foreign passports of any kind.

I'll be on it when the travelling starts again, but not here. There is another thread for this: 

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

I agree (and did on the time, too) that the old system was not exactly state-of-the-art. So I was quote happy to hear that they have a new system. I am not familiar with the TOR in the bidding/contract, so I don't even know whether or when they will have to include foreign passports of any kind.

I'll be on it when the travelling starts again, but not here. There is another thread for this: 

It would be ridiculous, if they spent a load of taxpayers money with huge graft built in and it didn’t even include foreign passports. The old system was also for HK, Singapore and some other passports registered but not resident in Thailand.

Last time I enquired, before the lockdown, the new 10-year Thai passports, which should have been ready in May 2019, were still not available with no estimated time of arrival. That is another big commission outsourced project and it has to dovetail with Immigration’s new system.

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

It would be ridiculous, if they spent a load of taxpayers money with huge graft built in and it didn’t even include foreign passports. The old system was also for HK, Singapore and some other passports registered but not resident in Thailand.

Last time I enquired, before the lockdown, the new 10-year Thai passports, which should have been ready in May 2019, were still not available with no estimated time of arrival. That is another big commission outsourced project and it has to dovetail with Immigration’s new system.

In other words there is no accountability whatever. 

On 6/7/2020 at 2:00 AM, onthemoon said:

No. They upgraded the Autochannel system before the Corona crisis, and the new software works only with Thai passports. They couldn't tell me when we can use it again, but I haven't travelled since early March, so I didn't follow up since then.

They told me the same that they "upgraded" the system. I thought it was just some kind of excuse. That\s a pity though. Really enjoyed using the machines over standing in line getting my book full of stamps.

Posted (edited)

Haven't read this topic quite a while because waited to have 3yr work permit.

Next month I'm going to have the 3yr non immigrant visa with the same company, monthly salary was more then 80k and due to my company was hit hard due to Covid-19 I don't think if a mentioned 2nd wave will come my company will survive (or me) so I need to action fast.

Based on this article couple of questions came to my mind.

Do I need to have a work permit at the time of the application or is it enough to have historical tax receipts?

Is it possible to go with the wife and she can help with the Thai or they need conversational Thai?

Such a shame after 3 years my Thai still terrible, if I fail the Thai test but I can reach the 50 points can I get the visa?

If I calculate the points, I have 38 points with Age, Education and profession Criteria so I need additional 12 at least. Personality let's say they can give 5 point, if I'm lucky I can get these questions, I might get 5-8 points, and I heard some donation before, but I'm not sure about how many point and what is the steps to get point of it? When I have to donate and where, how much?

I can learn to introduce myself, talk about my history a bit and why I want to apply for a citizenship, would that be enough?

Is there any special panel questions that I might get from the officer during the Thai interview so I can prepare.

Can I apply if I married less than 1 year ago, however we live together more than 2 years? Also if I adopt a baby, does it count as my child in the application?

7. Tabien baan I assume is out of scope from my point of view because I just rented in the last 3 years.

Hope guys you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Badb0y

2 hours ago, Badb0y said:

Haven't read this topic quite a while because waited to have 3yr work permit.

Next month I'm going to have the 3yr non immigrant visa with the same company, monthly salary was more then 80k and due to my company was hit hard due to Covid-19 I don't think if a mentioned 2nd wave will come my company will survive (or me) so I need to action fast.

Based on this article couple of questions came to my mind.

Do I need to have a work permit at the time of the application or is it enough to have historical tax receipts?

Is it possible to go with the wife and she can help with the Thai or they need conversational Thai?

Such a shame after 3 years my Thai still terrible, if I fail the Thai test but I can reach the 50 points can I get the visa?

If I calculate the points, I have 38 points with Age, Education and profession Criteria so I need additional 12 at least. Personality let's say they can give 5 point, if I'm lucky I can get these questions, I might get 5-8 points, and I heard some donation before, but I'm not sure about how many point and what is the steps to get point of it? When I have to donate and where, how much?

I can learn to introduce myself, talk about my history a bit and why I want to apply for a citizenship, would that be enough?

Is there any special panel questions that I might get from the officer during the Thai interview so I can prepare.

Can I apply if I married less than 1 year ago, however we live together more than 2 years? Also if I adopt a baby, does it count as my child in the application?

7. Tabien baan I assume is out of scope from my point of view because I just rented in the last 3 years.

Hope guys you can help.

Thanks in advance.

You will get better response, if you post this in the Story of My Thai Citizenship thread, if that’s what you’re after This thread is about permanent residence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

You will get better response, if you post this in the Story of My Thai Citizenship thread, if that’s what you’re after This thread is about permanent residence.

Okay, thank you.

Ehhh, I mix matched 2 topics, sorry about it, this is the question that I wanted to put here:

Next month I'm going to have the 3yr non immigrant visa with the same company, monthly salary was more then 80k and due to my company was hit hard due to Covid-19 I don't think if a mentioned 2nd wave will come my company will survive (or me) so I need to action fast because I need to have the work permit at the time of the application.

Based on this article I'd go with the 1st option.

Couple of question came up in my mind when read many articles on the internet.

Is there anywhere written correctly what is the steps for the application? I read that they opened the application around October and limit to 100 people/country. I guess from my small country not many people will apply, but where I can apply? Is there a website or some guide what I need to do in the next month to let the ball rolling?

It's quite a shame but my Thai is still terrible, still have to sing the national anthem and talk in Thai during the interview? If yes is there any panel questions that I can prepare and practice? Could my girlfriend (or maybe that time my wife) come with me and help?

I remember if don't have wife, the costs is 200k, if I have, 100k. Is this still applicable? What if I have an adopted baby from my wife? Also is it a problem if the marriage cert is like 2-3 months old (fresh) when apply?

The limitation of the permanent residency is only you can't have land compared to the citizenship as I remember, but how about business? Can I establish a massage/fitness/restaurant or all business with PR visa?

My country let me to have dual citizenship, as I remember for that if you married and have a baby, you just need 1 year and you can apply for it without this much costs. I scare a bit about covid affect so not sure I can wait 1 year 😕

Would be curious the proper steps of this also.

Furthermore if I have this visa for 5 years, can apply for citizenship correct?

Hope guys you can help.

Thanks in advance.

If I have PR do I need work permit to establish a business or work for a company?

3 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

If I have PR do I need work permit to establish a business or work for a company?

You need a work permit to work with PR.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

You need a work permit to work with PR.

If you have citizenship you need work permit as well/

Do you know about business? Do I need anything special if I'm a PR holder?

35 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

If you have citizenship you need work permit as well/

No

35 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

Do you know about business? Do I need anything special if I'm a PR holder?

Nothing special. All you need is a work permit to work legally.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

Nothing special. All you need is a work permit to work legally.

Hmmm, so if I establish a business can I give myself work permit?

55 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

Hmmm, so if I establish a business can I give myself work permit?

Yes If the business qualifies for one.